While it is well-known and obvious that a trailer hitch is meant for towing, what is quite unfortunate is that a lot of people are unaware of how to use it in a correct manner. Having the right trailer enables your Ford Contour to tow various types of loads, which is definitely a huge plus. You can choose from a huge spread available at CARiD. It’s worth noting that Ford Contour trailer hitches from CARiD are custom made specifically for the Ford Contour and will therefore give the perfect size and weight compatibilities. The installation process should take about thirty minutes roughly for beginners and amateurs, and for those who are highly experienced, this task will probably be a 10-15 minutes affair.
For your trailer hitch to tow properly, you have to make sure that you have chosen the correct class of trailer for the intended weight that you want your trailer hitch to pull. You can take your pick from amongst different class hitches that range from class 1 to class 5 with 1 being the weakest and 5 being the strongest. If you want to tow heavy loads, then it is recommended that you should select the hitch versions that come with hitch balls. These are the most common type of trailer hitches available in the market and are also the most versatile. Not only can these be used on your Ford Contour but also on trucks, SUVs and cars of different makes and brands. If you want to tow heavy items such as industrial equipment, horse boxes or agricultural items then you need to opt for heavy duty Ford Contour trailer hitches. One of the many useful tips to keep in mind if you want to use your trailer hitch for towing would be to refrain from buying Gooseneck hitches as these are not intended for being used on cars.
Here at CARiD we have a loyal set of customers, and they are very involved with their cars. That means using them in many ways, or racing them or towing them to car shows on trailers. They know towing, is what we’re saying. And 66 of them left a number of reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. We know you’ll feel the same way after towing your toys around, whether it’s a race car, a trailer full of quads or motorcycles or personal watercraft or full-on camper. CARiD has the parts you need to support your hobby!
- Eurosport Daytona® - Built Ford Tough Logo on Green Camouflage Premium Hitch PlugStarting at: $59.95$59.95
- Bully® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $28.97$28.97
- DWD® - Hitch Cover with Built Ford Tough LogoStarting at: $20.99$20.99
- CURT® - Rear Trailer Hitch with Receiver OpeningStarting at: $144.36$144.36
- Hopkins® - Towing Wiring HarnessesStarting at: $14.76$14.76
- DefenderWorx® - Ford Style Hitch CoverStarting at: $57.67$57.67
- Autogold® - Chrome Hitch Cover with Ford LogoStarting at: $37.42$37.42
- CURT® - Class 1/2 No Drop Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $17.87$17.87
- Cequent® - Class 1/2 Ball Mount for 1-1/4" ReceiversStarting at: $24.95$24.95
- Go Rhino® - Universal 4" Oval Hitch StepStarting at: $43.61$43.61
"This is a wonderful fitting hitch. Nice looking."
"Directions were very straight forward and easy to follow. Hitch is simple and somewhat hidden. Maybe the very showy Hidden Hitch decal is not needed and is also not very Hidden. Not sure why we needed to cut the exhaust shield in half, but it may have had some reason. Good installation of quality hitch."
"Fits very well, I'm happy with the look. I have no complaints."
"Love it! It looks very good on my car!"
"I have been looking at these for a while, and very glad I have one now. First day at work and it did its job, prevented another ding on my bumper and shows no signs of the hit on the bar. Very tough bar... Love it!"