- WeatherTech® In-Channel Side Window DeflectorsIn-Channel Side Window Deflectors by WeatherTech®, 2 Pieces set. These easy-to-install accessories offer you fresh air enjoyment with an original equipment look.$40.00 - $99.95
- AVS® In-Channel Ventvisor™ Smoke Window DeflectorsIn-Channel Ventvisor™ Window Deflectors by AVS®. If you want all the benefits of Ventvisors but with a sleeker, lower profile, these In-Channel Ventvisors are for you. They offer the same protection against the elements while...Installs inside the window channel for a low profile, aerodynamic appearanceAllows fresh air in while keeping, rain, wind, and drafts out$37.34 - $60.70
- GTS® Tape-On Ventgard™ Sport Window DeflectorsVentgard™ Sport Window Deflectors by GTS®. Ventgards let you open your windows to allow fresh air into the cabin, protecting you from the rain and wind, and helping to prevent window fogging. They significantly reduce wind noise,...Cutting edge styling by professional designersCustom designed for each application$49.43 - $75.33
- GTS® Bug-Gard™ Hood DeflectorBug-Gard™ Hood Deflector by GTS®. The Bug-Gard protects your hood from damage from stones and other airborne debris, and redirects airflow to keep bugs from splattering on your windshield. Designed to enhance the sculptured lines...Cutting edge styling by professional designersCustom designed for each application$34.01 - $77.39
- WeatherTech® LampGard™ Headlight CoversHeadlight Protecting Covers by WeatherTech®. Custom protection for your expensive headlamps, fog lamps, turn indicators and parking lights (when applicable) from scratching, cracking and pitting. Optically clear and applies (peel &...$54.95
- GTS® Headlight CoversHeadlight Covers by GTS®. GTS Head Light covers will add aerodynamic styling to any car, truck, or SUV. Designed to help protect today’s expensive headlights, GTS Head Light covers are easy to install with no drilling or vehicle...$34.01 - $110.49
- XPEL® Headlight Protection KitHeadlight Protection Kit by XPEL®. This product will ensure maximum protection from the hazards of the open road that leave ugly chips and scratches on the surface of your vehicle. Shield your car from rocks, gravel, debris, and...$48.97
- WeatherTech® In-Channel Light Smoke Front Side Window Deflectors (70125)In-Channel Light Smoke Front Side Window Deflectors by WeatherTech®. 2 Pieces Set. These easy-to-install accessories offer you fresh air enjoyment with an original equipment look.$59.95
- AVS® In-Channel Standard Ventvisor™ Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors (94604)In-Channel Standard Ventvisor™ Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors by AVS®. 4 Pieces Set. If you want all the benefits of Ventvisors but with a sleeker, lower profile, these In-Channel Ventvisors are for you. They offer the...Installs inside the window channel for a low profile, aerodynamic appearanceAllows fresh air in while keeping, rain, wind, and drafts out$60.70
- GTS® Tape-On Ventgard™ Sport Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors (48181)Tape-On Ventgard™ Sport Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors by GTS®. 4 Pieces Set. Without Rubber. Ventgards let you open your windows to allow fresh air into the cabin, protecting you from the rain and wind, and helping to...Cutting edge styling by professional designersCustom designed for each application$61.62
- Belmor® Tape-On Stainless Steel Ventshades (VS-FL2-1)Universal Tape-On Stainless Steel Ventshades by Belmor®. Installed over side windows, Belmor's stainless steel Ventshades let fresh air into the cab even during bad weather, helping drivers stay alert while reducing window fog....Lets fresh air into the cab, even during bad weatherHelps drivers stay alert while reducing window fog$40.99
- GTS® Bug-Gard™ Clear Hood Deflector (71250C)Bug-Gard™ Clear Hood Deflector (71250C) by GTS®. Without Rubber. The Bug-Gard protects your hood from damage from stones and other airborne debris, and redirects airflow to keep bugs from splattering on your windshield. Designed...Cutting edge styling by professional designersCustom designed for each application$64.49
- GTS® Bug-Gard™ Smoke Hood Deflector (71250S)Bug-Gard™ Smoke Hood Deflector (71250S) by GTS®. Without Rubber. The Bug-Gard protects your hood from damage from stones and other airborne debris, and redirects airflow to keep bugs from splattering on your windshield. Designed...Cutting edge styling by professional designersCustom designed for each application$64.49
- Belmor® Aeroshield Series Stainless Steel Bug Deflector (78183-1)Universal Aeroshield Series Stainless Steel Bug Deflector by Belmor®. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this...Premium 304-grade stainless steel bug deflector with X10 mirror finishSleek wrap-around end panels for secure, custom fit$199.99
- AVS® Windflector™ Smoke Classic Sunroof Wind Deflector (77002)Universal Windflector™ Smoke Classic Sunroof Wind Deflector (77002) by AVS®, Size: 34.25" Width x 4" Depth. Now you can cruise with your sunroof open, enjoying the sun and fresh air but without the wind noise and air turbulence,...Reduces wind noise and air turbulence typically experienced with an open sunroofPrevents rain from entering the sunroof opening while driving$45.51
A sleek and compact car like the Ford Contour has very nice potential for customization. Buying a car like this is very prudent as it is quite affordable to the average consumer and has a very nice mile-per-gallon rate. A combination of the factors listed above has contributed to its success and popularity with drivers all over the globe. Despite its already substantial advantages, several steps can be taken to make it as efficient, stylish, or original as possible. Obviously, this choice belongs to you, but the staff at CARiD is always open to providing assistance and consultation services. We have many custom made products for sale that will definitely compliment this fine vehicle, but if you’re mainly focused on increasing efficiency, then the Ford Contour rain guards will surely satisfy you.
While there exists a popular notion that these guards are merely comfort accessories that block rain and wind, this is not true, and you will be surprised to learn how useful they can be. Although these accessories do function as a shield covering the top part of your window and blocking outside forces, they have also been engineered to reduce wind drag, therefore increasing your speed and giving you better fuel efficiency.
Guides & Articles
- Wind DeflectorsRain Guards: In-Channel vs. Stick-OnRain Guards, also known as wind deflectors, window deflectors, or window visors, are an underrated automotive accessory - simply because it's difficult to know just how effective they are until you experience them. However, once fitted on your car or truck, it's hard to imagine how you got along without them. Deflectors improve your vehicle's aerodynamics when the windows are down, reducing annoying wind noise. Deflectors also allow you to drive in the rain with windows cracked for ventilation without getting wet. And when blistering hot summer days roll around, windows can be left cracked in a parking lot without being noticeable to potential thieves.
- Bug DeflectorsThe Age Old Debate: Do Bug Deflectors Work?The effectiveness of bug deflectors has been a point of contention between believers and non-believers for a long time. Some insist they work wonders, while others swear to the contrary. Because lots of testimonials supporting both points of view float around the internet and through word of mouth, deciding what to believe can be difficult. Before doing that, it's important to understand the thinking behind bug deflector designs.
- Sunroof VisorsSunroof Visors Let You Enjoy Fresh Air No Matter The WeatherAccording to recent statistics, over half of new vehicles sold in the United States are equipped with a factory "sunroof", "moonroof", "panorama roof", or similarly-named panel which allows part of a vehicle's roof to slide open. It wouldn't be a stretch to say almost 9 million cars and trucks leave factories so equipped each year. And the reason for their popularity is simple - sunroofs are great! They make it possible to enjoy fresh air, warm sun, and cool breezes right by our heads while driving our four-door sedans, SUVs, and minivans. We get a taste of the convertible life without giving up 98% of the practicality we need every day. At the dealership, most buyers see a sunroof option on the checklist and immediately envision blissfully taking in all the joys of Mother Nature while driving their future car. Mentally, the forecast is sunshine with no rain - a powerful enough thought to make the extra cost of a sunroof seem well worthwhile.
- Wind DeflectorsHow To Install Rain Guards | In-Channel And Stick-OnRain Guards, also known as wind deflectors, window deflectors, or window visors, improve your vehicle's aerodynamics when the windows are down, reduce annoying wind noise, shield you from rain spray, and allow windows to be left cracked in a parking lot without giving notice to potential thieves. Going forward, we'll refer to them as "deflectors" in this article.
- Wind DeflectorsRear Window Deflectors | Made To Shade Your Truck’s Back GlassHave you ever driven your pickup truck and found that the sun glare coming from the rear window is a real nuisance? It's difficult to block the sunlight from streaming through that location, especially given that your vehicle manufacturer was not thoughtful enough to provide fold-down visors for the rear window area. You could fashion and install some kind of curtain, but that would only create a greater nuisance by blocking rear vision.
- Wind DeflectorsDo Rain Guards Really Work?If the air conditioning system in your car no longer blows cold air because performing costly repairs isn't feasible, you've probably become familiar with the cooling off method some describe as "460 Air Conditioning" - signifying 4 windows down at 60 miles per hour. You play around with just how much to open each window in order to create a balance that maximizes crosswind and minimizes unpleasant, ear-popping buffeting inside the cabin. But no matter how hard you try, you and your hair still end up disheveled. Hopefully you're not going to a place where that matters.