The ignition system is designed to create a spark that will ignite the fuel/air mixture in the engine's cylinder. It must create a spark strong enough to burn the air/fuel mixture for easy engine starting and optimum fuel mileage as well as control the timing of the spark so it occurs at the exact right time. The performance ignition system creates a more powerful spark which ensures complete combustion, thus boosting the engine's horsepower. Upgrade the ignition system of your vehicle to get full combustion and maximum horsepower from your Dodge Colt.
In our store we offer performance ignition systems for your Dodge Colt to get the most out of your engine. We cooperate with globally renowned manufacturers such as Karlyn STI, Accel, SMD, and more providing second-to-none ignition controllers, direct ignition coils, spark plugs, and other products at attractive prices. We guarantee the finest quality and reliability of all products, and performance ignition parts are no exception. Check out our online catalog and select appropriate performance parts for your Dodge Colt. Enjoy our user-friendly navigation and find everything you need within a few seconds. You can easily place an order right from your home or office.
- Pulstar® PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse PlugPlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug by Pulstar®. PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug provides great fuel efficiency as well as better performance. Moreover this part will give you better throttle response and...Increased horsepowerBetter torque$14.95 - $179.40
- Accel® U-Groove Spark PlugU-Groove Spark Plug by Accel®. This spark plug has a 14mm thread size, 0.708" reach and a heat range of 6.Manufactured from premium materialsDesigned to provide years of reliable service$12.21 - $24.95
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugSuper Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better starting in cold weather and improved...Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugsTapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrode for improved starting in cold weather and increased fuel ignitability$2.50 - $9.30
- Bosch® Platinum Spark PlugPlatinum Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Only Bosch uses a platinum center electrode that’s heat-fused into a ceramic insulator. All Bosch Platinum Series Spark Plugs reach self-cleaning temperature faster for quicker starts, smoother...Delivers quick starts and smooth accelerationLower ignition voltage requirement provides reliable cold weather starting and superior operation under all driving conditions$4.70 - $7.34
- Bosch® OE Fine Wire Spark PlugOE Fine Wire Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch introduces the new OE Fine Wire Spark Plug family, which consists of Iridium, Double Platinum and Platinum plugs. Built around OE technology, these new lines have an original...OE specific design360-degree continuous laser welded platinum tip for durability and long life$4.70 - $18.21
- Bosch® Platinum Ir Fusion™ Spark PlugPlatinum Ir Fusion™ Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 4. If you want the best for your engine, try Platinum Ir Fusion spark plugs. Their fused iridium and platinum center electrode with exclusive surface air gap firing technology...Fused iridium and platinum center electrode, sintered into an extended insulator nose reaches self-cleaning temperature only seconds after starting and provides exceptional wear resistanceTapered shape of the ground electrode reduces flame shrouding for improved combustion and more power$8.97 - $11.84
- Nitrode® Performance Spark PlugPerformance Spark Plug by Nitrode®. The Nitrode™ spark plugs is positioned to be the world's "greenest" most environmentally friendly spark plugs on the planet. Reducing fuel consumption and emissions while producing more power...The Nitrode™ is made with a proprietary ceramic exclusively used for this spark plugThis unique ceramic is over 10% harder than any ceramic know today$9.99
- Accel® 300+ Thundersport Spark Plug Wire Set300+ Thundersport Spark Plug Wire Set by Accel®. These ACCEL 300+ wire sets are custom tailored for race engines and their builders. The wire is rated for 600 degrees F and 60kV. Resists heat, chemicals and moisture. High density...8mm Custom fit Extreme 9000 wire setDouble silicone wire with low resistance Ferro-Spiral™ core$64.23 - $75.45
- Accel® Super Stock Spiral Copper Core Spark Plug Wire SetUniversal Fit Spark Plug Wire Set by Accel®. These Accel Super Stock wire sets are a true performance upgrade replacement for OE types. Efficient delivery of spark energy for a good price. Silicone boots with zinc-plated steel...7mm yellow, red, black and blue silicone jacketStreet-driven applications$29.55 - $93.81
- Accel® Super Stock Spiral Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Accel®. These Accel Super Stock wire sets are a true performance upgrade replacement for OE types. Efficient delivery of spark energy for a good price. Silicone boots with zinc-plated steel terminals.7mm and 8mm, 550°F-ratedStreet-driven applications$29.55 - $57.09
- MSD® Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire SetSuper Conductor Spark Plug Wire Set by MSD®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$24.43 - $373.95
- Taylor Cable® 409 Pro Race Custom Fit Ignition Wire Set409 Pro Race Custom Fit Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Taylor’s biggest ignition wire is available in red or blue, in custom sets designed to fit muscle cars, performance cars, sports, compacts and truck applications. The...$50.55 - $199.34
- Taylor Cable® 8mm High Energy Custom Fit Wire Set8mm High Energy Custom Fit Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These wires are a top choice for either street or race applications. Each wire is cut to length and terminated with Taylor’s low-profile silicone Proboot with vibration-proof...8mm outer diameter350 ohm spiral wound core for RFI suppression$23.23 - $42.99
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These plug wires are the top choice of racers and street enthusiasts for their high performance at an affordable price. With two layers of 100% silicone jacketing and silicone...8mm outer insulationSpiro-Pro wire with conductive spiral-wound core$15.00 - $176.35
- Taylor Cable® ThunderVolt Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire SetThunderVolt Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Gain horsepower and torque with Taylor’s Dyno-proven ThunderVolt racing plug wire sets. Low resistance for healthy spark and RFI/EMI suppression.$31.91 - $195.90
Guides & Articles
- Performance Ignition SystemsThe Benefits of a Performance Ignition DistributorSince their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition distributor. The distributor is always mechanically linked or timed to the engine's rotation so that the spark is sent at the exact moment it is needed.
- Performance Engine PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Ignition PartsUnderstanding The Different Types Of Spark PlugsSince the dawn of the automobile, spark plugs have been an integral part of gasoline engines because they conduct the electrical energy from a vehicle’s ignition system needed to finalize the combustion process. After the gas/air mixture has been fully compressed inside the cylinder head, spark plugs serve a miniature bolt of lightning to create an explosion which pushes a piston downward.
- Centric® Brake Hose$8.42 - $10.25
Dodge Colt Performance Ignition Systems Reviews
2011 Jeep Wrangler