A subcompact car, the Dodge Colt was marketed by the American automaker for more than two decades – from 1971 to 1994. The model along with its twins, the Plymouth Colt and Plymouth Champ, was captive import manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors. The Dodge Colt was launched in 1970 (MY 1971) as a 2-door hardtop, 2-door pillared coupe, 4-door sedan, and 5-door station wagon. The model utilized a 1.6 L 4G32 I4 motor rated at 100 hp mated to a 4-speed manual or an optional 3-speed automatic gearbox. The layout was front-engine and rear-wheel drive including MacPherson front struts and live rear axle. The Colt was successful – its production run included 7 generations. Imports of the model were stopped in 1994 due to the presentation of the Dodge Neon produced by Chrysler.
If you have noticed that some components of your Colt's starting and charging system require replacement due to damage, wear, or any other reason, turn to our store. On our virtual shelves, you will find a vast variety of upscale Dodge Colt replacement starting and charging parts from battery cables, alternator capacitors, and starter brush sets to alternators, starters, and car batteries. Being produced by leading aftermarket brands, they, however, have really economical prices and won't hurt your budget.
- Optima® RedTop Car BatteryRedTop Starting Car Battery by Optima. Enjoy the most powerful burst of cranking current for the fastest, most reliable engine starting possible. The spillproof, maintenance-free RedTop Optima battery is resistant to all of the most...$124.56 - $168.49
- Optima® YellowTop Car BatteryYellowTop Car Battery by Optima. YellowTop high-performance AGM batteries are truly dual-purpose batteries. They have amazing cranking power to start big, high-compression engines, and impressive cycling capacity to power items that...$162.60 - $235.17
- Bosch® S4 Quality Performance BatteryS4 Quality Performance Battery by Bosch. Voltage: 12. Battery Type: Conventional. Terminal Type: Top.$80.31 - $146.54
- Bosch® S5 Premium Power BatteryS5 Premium Power Battery by Bosch. Battery Type: Conventional. Terminal Type: Top.$77.23 - $227.92
- Bosch® S6 High Performance AGM BatteryS6 High Performance AGM Battery by Bosch.$110.93 - $246.09
- Exide® Edge AGM BatteryEdge AGM Battery by Exide. Exide Edge AGM batteries are designed to maximize energy capacity for today's on-the-go drivers. The Edge's lasting energy protects against battery failure, helping vehicle batteries stay strong and...$138.01 - $169.88
- Shuriken® AGM BatteryAGM 12V Starting Battery by Shuriken.$209.82 - $402.70
- Odyssey® Extreme BatteryExtreme Battery by Odyssey.$139.23 - $355.03
- Bosch® StarterStarter by Bosch. Whether new or remanufactured, Bosch starters are 100% factory tested to ensure reliable cranking and starting performance under the most extreme operating conditions. Built for precision fit, Bosch starters are...$46.91 - $1,293.45
- TYC® StarterStarter by TYC. As soon as your starter motor fails, you can feel it right away. Well, if your starter motor is damaged, you no longer have to pay the high dealer price for a replacement because TYC will give you the same quality...$56.38 - $123.98
- Remy® StarterStarter by Remy. The starters by Remy feature the most compact design in the industry. These components are smaller and lighter providing less friction, better reliability, and greater performance. Install the Remy starter and get...$31.73 - $698.33
- Denso® Starter MotorStarter Motor by Denso. The original DENSO gear-reduction starter is an industry benchmark, so rugged and powerful that it is often adapted for racing use. DENSO remanufactured starters are subjected to a rigorous test and...$40.51 - $283.63
- Quality-Built® StarterStarter by Quality-Built. Get professional installer quality at a DIY price with a Quality Built starter. These starters are manufactured under strict QS-9000 quality guidelines, the highest quality standard achievable for...$21.03 - $266.11
- Quality-Built® Remanufactured StarterRemanufactured Starter by Quality-Built.$14.33 - $332.66
- Valeo® Starter MotorStarter Motor by Valeo. 100% new Valeo starters to exceed your expectations: quick start of the engine, long life performance even during winter. Valeo starters are designed and tested in stringent conditions that are established by...$107.93 - $462.00
Guides & Articles
- Starting & ChargingNew Versus Remanufactured Starters And AlternatorsStarter motors and alternators have a tough job. Starter motors are high-torque motors which must have the ability to turn over, or crank, an engine under varying weather and mechanical conditions. Without a functioning starter motor, you simply cannot start up a modern vehicle's engine.
- Starting & ChargingServicing And Replacing A BatteryBy definition, an automotive battery is an electrochemical device that stores and provides electrical energy on demand. Electrical energy is produced inside the battery by a chemical reaction occurring between two dissimilar plates immersed in an electrolyte solution. When the battery is discharging, it changes chemical energy into electrical energy and releases current. During charging, electrical energy is converted back into chemical energy and stored.
- Starting & ChargingHybrid Vehicle Overview - CARiD.comHybrids are everywhere these days and can be defined as, "any vehicle combining two or more sources of power which can directly or indirectly provide propulsion." Although all hybrid vehicles on the market today use batteries as one of the power sources, there are different mechanical layouts and operational approaches in the way electric motors function alongside gasoline combustion engines. Those that use a combustion engine to generate electrical power are described simply as "hybrids", while vehicles with larger battery packs that can also be recharged with an electrical cord are known as "plug-in hybrids". Vehicles with electric motors and without combustion engines are not considered hybrids, because they are "pure electric" vehicles. These so-called "EVs" are outside the scope of what we are covering here.
- Dorman® Engine Oil Pan$50.95 - $54.52
Dodge Colt Starting & Charging Reviews
2009 Dodge Durango