Because diesel engines are more efficient than gasoline engines, they are better for the environment and better for your budget. The extra efficiency means you need to be more careful with your maintenance to ensure that you're getting the best out of your fuel delivery system. And the fuel delivery system relies on diesel fuel injectors, which are very important components that determine how much fuel is injected and at which time.
- GB Remanufacturing® Diesel Fuel InjectorDiesel Fuel Injector by GB Remanufacturing®. This diesel fuel injector is designed to meet or surpass OEM requirements and perform as well as or better than an original part. GB offers quality diesel fuel injectors that will bring...$35.29 - $339.97
- Alliant Power® Diesel Injector & PartsDiesel Injector & Parts by Alliant Power®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does its stumble and stall, and idle rough? Are you making more frequent visits to the pump? Your fuel system may need repair, but before you waste your time...$250.25 - $491.13
- Genuine® Diesel Injection Pump & PartsDiesel Injection Pump & Parts by Genuine®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does its stumble and stall, and idle rough? Are you making more frequent visits to the pump? Your fuel system may need repair, but before you waste your time...$0.54 - $1,212.61
- COHLINE® Diesel Injector & PartsDiesel Injector & Parts by Cohline®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does its stumble and stall, and idle rough? Are you making more frequent visits to the pump? Your fuel system may need repair, but before you waste your time and...$40.27 - $93.57
Your diesel fuel injection system is perhaps the most important part of your engine, since it is responsible for inserting fuel directly into the cylinders. Once in the cylinder, the fuel is burnt by the high pressure to become the energy that turns your wheels when you step on the accelerator. It is responsible for ensuring that the right amount of fuel enters the cylinder at exactly the right time, and if it is not working at its optimum level, you can see a loss of efficiency.
Because the injectors are fed by fuel hoses, those hoses can become worn over time, and then fuel won't be able to reach the injectors in the required amounts. Well, such a problem can be seen with the naked eye. The injectors themselves can begin to break down after a certain number of miles, and this will lead to them not injecting the fuel at the right time, or not injecting the perfect amount. You can even have problems with the fuel you are using because different diesel fuels have different properties, and some can cause your injectors to wear out faster than you were expecting them to.
Then an injector, or more than one, does begin to break down, you will notice a number of things occurring that can tip you off. For instance, your engine may be harder to start because the injectors are not putting the diesel in at exactly the right time, so the cylinder pressure is not quite enough to burn the fuel. You may also discover that the engine is missing when you start it, that there is a general loss of power, or that you are getting much worse fuel economy than you are used to. Each of these symptoms can lead to a number of conclusions, and your diesel injectors should be very high on your list of things to check.
- (102)Diesel Fuel System ComponentsGlow Plugs, Diesel Injectors
- (1,124)Fuel Injection System ComponentsThrottle Controls & Distributors
- (17,833)Fuel Sensors, Relays, SwitchesPressure Sensors, Cold Start Relays
- (28,297)Fuel Hoses, Clamps, GasketsPlenum Gaskets, Accelerator Cables
- (4,848)Fuel Pressure RegulatorsSeals & Dampers
- (16,396)CarburetorRebuild Kits, Carb Jets & Gaskets
- (28,079)Fuel FiltersFuel Filter Valves, Separators
- (27,397)Fuel Injectors & RailsFuel Injector Nozzles, Fuel Rails
- (46,956)Fuel PumpsMechanical & Electric Fuel Pumps
- (43,305)Fuel TanksFuel Sending Units, Tank Straps
- (18,606)Throttle BodiesThrottle Body Kits & Components
- (16,882)CarburetorsRebuild Kits, Carb Jets & Gaskets
- (23,908)Fuel FiltersFuel Filter Valves & Separators
- (14,764)Fuel Injectors & RailsInjector Nozzles, O-Rings & Seals
- (44,399)Fuel PumpsPumps, Gaskets, Switches & Relays
- (37,517)Fuel TanksFuel Sending Units, Filler Necks
- (7,182)Nitrous Oxide SystemsPerformance Nitrous Systems
- (4,839)Fuel Pressure RegulatorsPressure Regulator Kits & Seals
- (10,761)Throttle BodiesThrottle Body Kits & Components
- (162)Fuel System AdditivesCleans And Lubricates