Blue Label Side Mount Tool Box (DZ9748) by Dee Zee®, Brite Diamond-Tread Aluminum, L: 48" x W: 14.25" x H: 11" x W-1: 10" x H-1: 5" x W-2: 4.25" x H-2: 5", Volume: 3.75 cu. ft. Blue label signifies this is a commercial-grade version of Dee Zee’s Crossover toolbox design with a larger hat-style lid. Brite Diamond Tread refers to the stylish diamond tread aluminum surface polished to a dazzling shine, then protected with a layer of clear powder coat finish. This box offers an as easy-to-use blue ergonomic push button, a concealed full-length hinge, dampened gas shocks, adjustable lid tightness, removable storage tray, self-adjusting latches, and airtight sealing. Limited lifetime warranty.
- Box is designed to mount atop side bed rail and hang down partially into the side of the bed area
- Blue Label signifies thicker, heavy gauge aluminum construction which provides the highest level of strength and freedom from corrosion
- Diamond-tread pattern aluminum is coated with a durable clear powder coat finish to add luster to the unpainted aluminum, and guard against chips and scratches
- A large blue push button for the lid release is ergonomically designed for easy use with thick gloves on
- A full-length hinge prevents uneven opening and is concealed to prevent contact or jamming against items inside tool box
- Gas shocks allow lid to glide open or closed smoothly
- Removable plastic tray keeps smaller items organized
- Available in multiple sizes for both full-size and smaller pickups
- Self-adjusting latches allow the toolbox lid to click in place tightly with the dampened feel and security of a well-made bank door
- Rubber gasket seals keep moisture and the elements out
- Lid strikers can be adjusted to customize the tightness of rubber gasket compression when the lid is shut
- Lower tool box section is made from only three parts (front, back, and bottom) for increased strength
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty on aluminum, 1-year warranty on outer finish
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
With a large, easy-to-use blue release button on the outside, Dee Zee’s Blue Label series represents thicker, heavier gauge aluminum construction that will stand up to heavy duty use. With a polished metal finish, the Blue Label Brite Diamond-Tread Side Mount Tool Box is designed to mount atop either side bed rail and hang down partially into the side of the bed area. Because it’s a Blue Label box, it is built to take remain undamaged after heavy impacts from large equipment, rubble, or materials inevitably occur inside the bed area. It’s also designed to make your life easier when you’re on the job, because Dee Zee knows there is no time to waste dealing with fussy tool box lids that do not open or close easily. Blue Label series boxes are built with a lid that is so rigid it does not need reinforcement brackets to prevent flexing or bending in your hands. Dee Zee eliminates the headache of folding hinges that snag and bind when pulling the lid from one side of your vehicle with an integrated hinge that spans the entire width of the lid. Not only will the lid open evenly, gas struts on both sides allow it to glide open with dampened, jewel-like smoothness. So when you want the lid open, it stays open. And when you want the lid shut, it stays shut without loosening because you can adjust the level of tightness it maintains. Your tool box will remain sealed without allowing moisture and dust to creep in.
Dee Zee’s Blue Label Brite Diamond-Tread Side Mount Tool Box is built as one open box with a single lid. The smaller section beneath the top area is deep enough to provide excellent room for storage inside, but not so deep that it prevents loading of panels or lumber on the bed floor beneath it. A removable plastic tray keeps small items secure in sectioned areas. Because Dee Zee believes a tool box that’s corrosion-free and strong enough to remain functional for a long time should also continue to look good, the textured diamond tread aluminum surfaces are finished with a protective layer of clear powder coat to prevent scratches, chips, and tarnishing. And since the top of the side mount tool box provides a flat hard surface, it makes a convenient work area. Dee Zee proudly manufactures all tool boxes in the United States and back them with a limited lifetime warranty on the aluminum construction against manufacturing defects and corrosion.
Since 1977, Iowa-based Dee Zee® has sought to create products and accessories for trucks and SUVs with class-leading levels of style, quality, and longevity. Their success and growth in the marketplace has always been fueled by listening to what customers want, then building the things competitors did not offer. Dee Zee believes being environmentally aware is extremely important and views efficient manufacturing to minimize pollution and waste as a corporate responsibility. That philosophy goes hand in hand with fundamental beliefs that a product which effectively resists corrosion represents a better value for the customer – giving it a longer useful lifespan instead of becoming more junk in a landfill. CARiD is proud to offer the Dee Zee product you’ve seen on this page as well as the company’s complete lineup of running boards, grille guards, tool boxes, bed protectors, mud flaps, liquid transfer tanks, cargo carriers, and much more.