Cam Can Complete Kit (KJ71035RB) by Daystar®, Water Can, Color: Gray or Blue. This is a 2-gallon liquid canteen designed for easy installation on any 15-inch or larger tailgate-mounted spare tire. The kit includes the liquid container, mounting plate which secures to the spare, center shaft which the container fits around, and three “cam” clips which secure the container to the mounting plate for stability. The green-colored liquid container is constructed from Daystar’s patented polyurethane construction which is resistant to warping, crushing, or degrading from UV rays and the elements. The standard center shaft fits one container, but is available in a double length for those who wish to add similar Daystar containers designed to carry other items. Limited lifetime warranty. Fits the following bolt patterns; 5 5 x 4 1/2, 5x5, 5 x5 1/2 and 6 x 5 1/2
- Durable polyurethane construction will not degrade, crack, or leak after exposure to UV rays, salt slush, and the elements
- Center lockable shaft supports the weight of the container and is available in multiple lengths to carry one or two Daystar containers
- Simply slide container onto center shaft then twist to upright position to lock in place
- Kit includes a mounting bracket to secure the shaft to any 15-inch or larger tailgate-mounted spare tire
- Includes three “cam” clips which secure the container in place to the mounting plate for stability
- Center shaft end contains a hole designed to insert any padlock for theft protection
- Mounting kit is available separately by itself if you wish to create additional storage points for your container(s) on a garage wall, trailer, or boat
- Other similarly shaped containers are also available customized for storage of other items
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
When your 4x4 is loaded up fully with gear inside and out, Daystar’s Cam Can containers are designed to let you carry liquids and tools using any 15-inch or larger tailgate spare. Choose Green or gray/blue liquid can containers designed to carry 2 gallons of liquids with a canteen-style cap that unscrews easily for filling and pouring. The Orange Cam Can container, designed to carry tools or other items, features a flip-down front door, and the Red Cam Can container is designed to carry 2 gallons of gasoline or other fuels. An extendable spout piece is available for pouring into vehicle fuel filler necks, and mounting accessories are available for storing the containers on the wall of your garage.
The kit comes with a standard-length center lockable shaft for carrying one container, but a double-length shaft is available to carry two Cam Can containers of any type. Once the mounting bracket is secured to the outside of your tailgate mounted spare wheel, three “cam” clips secure the container in place to the mounting plate for stability. Containers slide onto the center shaft, then lock into place after being twisted to a fully upright position. Center shafts contain a hole at the end should you wish to insert a padlock for theft protection. Rotational Molded Paxton 7000 Series Polyurethane Resin is used to manufacture each Cam Can, providing protection from harmful UV rays and impacts that can cause leaks. Daystar proudly manufactures all Cam Can components in the United States, and backs them with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
Founded in 1977 in Arizona, Daystar® Products International has been instrumental in the research, development, and use of polyurethane components for off- and on-road vehicles of all types. The company is known worldwide for the quality and reliability of their lift kits, engine/trans mounts, suspension bushings, protective boots, winch accessories, and other useful interior products. Ensuring quality control remains high is a core company value at DayStar, and all engineering, manufacturing, and quality control functions are unified in one integrated location. Since 2000, all DayStar processes have been certified by the International Organization for Standardization for best business practices, and the level of quality and refinement each set of their products possess truly shows that Daystar is driven by superior design.