Class 3 Round Exposed Black Rear Trailer Hitch (13056) by CURT®. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 5000 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 500 lbs, 6000/600 Weight Capacity with use of Weight Distribution System, and the Receiver Tube Opening Size is 2". This hitch can be used in combination with a weight distribution hitch to increase the overall towing capacity. Featuring a quality steel frame, it comes with two coatings – a liquid Bonderite® coating and a powder coat – that ensure superior rust, dent, and UV resistance. All CURT trailer hitches are engineered for reliability and tested to meet the strictest demands of the industry.
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities. Do Not exceed vehicle manufacturer's recommended towing capacity
- Includes all necessary installation hardware
- No drilling required
- Install Time is 30 minutes
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a sleek, round-tube main body
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Weight Distribution(WD): 6000 LB
- Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW): 600 LB
- Weight Carrying Capacity(WC): 5000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW): 500 LB
- Receiver Tube Size: 2"
- Weight: 61lbs
The CURT class 3 trailer hitch is the most common type of trailer hitch installed on full-size pickup trucks and SUVs. It is also found on full-size cars, crossover SUVs, minivans and mid-size trucks. That is because the class 3 packs the punch of a heavyweight hitch while still staying light on its feet. This CURT class 3 hitch offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 5,000 lbs. and a comparable tongue weight capacity of 500 lbs. It is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Dodge Durango (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). It features a round tube frame and comes with all necessary hardware for a complete installation. The 2" x 2" receiver tube opening of this class 3 hitch is able to accept a hitch-mounted accessory, such as a bike rack or cargo carrier, or a ball mount to tow most standard size trailers, including utility trailers, single-horse livestock trailers, boat trailers and large campers. One special feature about the class 3 that is not found in classes 1 or 2 is its compatibility with a weight distribution hitch. When used in combination with a WD hitch, this class 3's gross trailer weight capacity increases to 6,000 lbs. and the tongue weight capacity to 600 lbs. (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component). CURT class 3 trailer hitches are engineered to be strong and capable, having a quality steel frame and a solid finish. They are put through strenuous testing before being deemed ready for market and come with two coatings - a liquid Bonderite coating and a powder coat in high-gloss black - that cure together to form a strong resistance against rust, scratching, UV damage and other wear. Our hitches are our pride, and as such, we back them up with a limited lifetime warranty and a one-year finish warranty.
Curt Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".