Class 2 Exposed Black Rear Trailer Hitch with Euro Insert (122841) by CURT®. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 3500 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 300 lbs, and the Receiver Tube Opening Size is 1-1/4". These trailer hitches allow the use of equalizing hitches to transfer excess tongue weight to the front axle of the vehicle. You can also get a removable ball mount. This means the hitch ball and its ball mount can be removed and stowed when not trailering. A hitch receiver is also a handy place to mount a bicycle rack, cargo carrier or other receiver-mounted accessory. A receiver-mounted winch or step are good examples.
- No drilling required
- Install Time is 45 minutes
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes Euro Mount #45551, installation hardware, pin and clip
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Euro Mount installs with no tools or torque specifications required
- Chrome-plated trailer ball fits 1 7/8" couplers
- Permanently attached trailer ball cannot be loosened or stolen
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Receiver hitch made in USA
- Receiver Tube Size 1 1/4"
- Weight Carrying Capacity(WC) 3500 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW) 300 LB
- Weight 45.5
If your vehicle already has a factory-mounted hitch receiver, it may not be rated to tow the trailer you’d like to. Bearing in mind the Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) rating of your vehicle, you may wish to upgrade the OEM receiver with one of higher capacity. Choose between a "hidden" receiver that lurks right under the bumper, or a hitch receiver that sets lower to the ground and allows the use of a ball mount with less drop.
Curt Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".