The ignition system is designed to create a spark that will ignite the fuel/air mixture in the engine's cylinder. It must create a spark strong enough to burn the air/fuel mixture for easy engine starting and optimum fuel mileage as well as control the timing of the spark so it occurs at the exact right time. The performance ignition system creates a more powerful spark which ensures complete combustion, thus boosting the engine's horsepower. Upgrade the ignition system of your vehicle to get full combustion and maximum horsepower from your Chevy Camaro.
In our store we offer performance ignition systems for your Chevy Camaro to get the most out of your engine. We cooperate with globally renowned manufacturers such as Karlyn STI, Accel, SMD, and more providing second-to-none ignition controllers, direct ignition coils, spark plugs, and other products at attractive prices. We guarantee the finest quality and reliability of all products, and performance ignition parts are no exception. Check out our online catalog and select appropriate performance parts for your Chevy Camaro. Enjoy our user-friendly navigation and find everything you need within a few seconds. You can easily place an order right from your home or office.
- MSD® Ignition Control ModuleIgnition Control Module by MSD®. The 6LS and 6LS-2 Ignition Controllers can now be installed on EFI or carburetor equipped engines. While it may seem blasphemous to some, putting a carburetor on a GM Gen-III V-8 is a great option...Runs carb LS1/6 or LS2/7 engine without complicated EFI hardwareProgram 2-Step Rev Limiter. Vac Adv. Step Retard$38.71 - $1,312.95
- Accel® U-Groove Header Spark PlugHeader Spark Plug by Accel®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by Accel features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or...Manufactured from premium materialsDesigned to provide years of reliable service$14.25 - $36.69
- E3® Spark PlugSpark Plug by E3®. For a more efficient and complete burn, go with the super sturdy plugs by E3. The advanced DiamondFire plug features a diamond-shaped electrode that ensures rapid and complete combustion, enabling power output...$5.99
- Accel® Spiral Core Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Accel®. These ACCEL 8.8mm wires feature a carbon/graphite core that virtually eliminate RFI noise while providing maximum conductivity for ultimate performance in any race or street application. Double...8000, 8800, & 8900 Series, 550°F-rated8.8mm yellow high temperature silicone jacket$78.51 - $97.89
- Pulstar® PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse PlugPlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug by Pulstar®. PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug provides great fuel efficiency as well as better performance. Moreover this part will give you better throttle response and...Increased horsepowerBetter torque$14.95 - $179.40
- MSD® Blaster Ignition CoilBlaster Ignition Coil by MSD®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by MSD features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured to meet or...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$30.55 - $407.95
- Bosch® Platinum Spark PlugPlatinum Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Only Bosch uses a platinum center electrode that’s heat-fused into a ceramic insulator. All Bosch Platinum Series Spark Plugs reach self-cleaning temperature faster for quicker starts, smoother...Delivers quick starts and smooth accelerationLower ignition voltage requirement provides reliable cold weather starting and superior operation under all driving conditions$4.70 - $7.34
- Karlyn STI® Direct Ignition CoilDirect Ignition Coil by Karlyn STI®. The ignition coil is one of the most important part in the ignition system. Ignition Coil aimed to provide the needed high voltage and ignition energy for generating the high voltage sparks at...Place directly on the spark plugHigh temperature resistant$3.06 - $106.28
- Taylor Cable® ThunderVolt Coil On PlugThunderVolt Coil On Plug by Taylor Cable®. This products is an OEM and Performance company that was built on its founding heritage supported by a tradition of Legendary Quality. Designed utilizing the latest technology,perfect for...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$39.94 - $581.01
- PerTronix® Flame-Thrower™ Spark Plug Wire SetFlame-Thrower™ Spark Plug Wire Set by PerTronix®. Material: Silicone. Diameter: 8mm. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by PerTronix Flame features premium quality and will perform better than advertised....Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$51.31 - $64.75
- Accel® U-Groove Spark PlugU-Groove Spark Plug by Accel®. This spark plug has a 14mm thread size, 0.708" reach and a heat range of 6. This spark plug has a 14mm thread size, 0.708" reach and a heat range of 6. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this...Manufactured from premium materialsDesigned to provide years of reliable service$12.21 - $24.95
- Karlyn STI® Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Karlyn STI®. The purpose of good wire insulation is to protect the cable from voltage leaks. The single most important factor for rating insulation performance is the type of material used and not the...Spiral CoreStainless Steel Magnetic Conductive Winding$10.24 - $429.23
- Accel® DIS Super CoilDIS Super Coil by Accel®. Accel DIS ignition coils feature high dielectric strength "ACCEL Yellow" over molded housing, advanced bobbin technology, specialized magnetic steel core and optimum windings for higher energy and voltage...$41.79 - $65.25
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugSuper Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better starting in cold weather and improved...Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugsTapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrode for improved starting in cold weather and increased fuel ignitability$2.50 - $9.30
- Accel® Brute Thunder HEI In-Cap Super CoilBrute Thunder HEI In-Cap Super Coil by Accel®. Brute Thunder is ACCEL's highest output GM style HEI in-cap coil, period! More energy at RPM, no loss at idle. Compatible with both original HEI ignitions and newer computer types....$71.37
Guides & Articles
- Performance Ignition SystemsThe Benefits of a Performance Ignition DistributorSince their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition distributor. The distributor is always mechanically linked or timed to the engine's rotation so that the spark is sent at the exact moment it is needed.
- Performance Engine PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Ignition PartsUnderstanding The Different Types Of Spark PlugsSince the dawn of the automobile, spark plugs have been an integral part of gasoline engines because they conduct the electrical energy from a vehicle’s ignition system needed to finalize the combustion process. After the gas/air mixture has been fully compressed inside the cylinder head, spark plugs serve a miniature bolt of lightning to create an explosion which pushes a piston downward.
- Centric® Posi Quiet™ Extended Wear Semi-Metallic Brake Pads$33.14 - $38.30
- Comp Cams® Engine Timing Cover$129.40 - $277.81
- Walker® SoundFX™ Aluminized Steel Oval Direct-Fit Muffler$37.52 - $39.17
Chevy Camaro Performance Ignition Systems Reviews
1997 Chevy Camaro