Chevy Astro Air Intakes
One of the best accessories you can purchase for your Chevy Astro is an aftermarket air intake because it can have such a large effect on your vehicle. Because this accessory is an important one, there is a large range of intakes available on the market so you’re guaranteed to find something to suit your budget and preference. They are easy to install and cleaning solutions are available to keep them running perfectly.
An air intake for your Astro will improve the airflow reaching your motor and remove the restrictions that your standard air intake causes. This means an improvement to the vehicle’s throttle response, fuel mileage and even some extra power all from one small part! You will also be protecting your engine with the advanced filtration technologies built into these filters to ensure that anything nasty is kept out. When you consider the low cost of even the highest quality intakes you can see that this accessory provides you with one of the best returns for your investment.
- K&N® - E Series Air FilterStarting at: $39.99$39.99
- Edelbrock® - Performer Intake ManifoldStarting at: $390.44$390.44
- AIRAID® - Cold Air Dam Intake System with Black SynthaMax Air Filter and Intake TubeStarting at: $259.90$259.90
- aFe® - Pro DRY S Air FilterStarting at: $56.95$56.95
- Weapon-R® - Dragon Air Intake SystemStarting at: $169.15$169.15
- K&N® - 33 Series Air FilterStarting at: $43.99$43.99
- Edelbrock® - Performer RPM Manifold and Carburetor KitStarting at: $1,290.25$1,290.25
- AIRAID® - Classic Air Intake System with Red SynthaMax Air Filter and Intake TubeStarting at: $209.90$209.90
- Spectre Performance® - Intake Bolt and Washer SetStarting at: $4.00$4.00
- aFe® - Pro 5R Air FilterStarting at: $56.95$56.95
| Posted by Rob | (Kentwood, MI)
So I bought one of these systems with a bit of skepticism but after seeing a good increase in fuel economy and performance after the install I'm a believer. The install went well and the directions were easy to understand. Everything lined and fit with only a little bit of fiddling. I was pleasantly surprised that the intake noise was really no louder than stock in normal driving and freeway cruising..... yes, it has a mean sound when you tromp on the throttle but it does not annoy you in normal everyday driving or on long trips. Performance is amazing over the stock air box... you see these claims all the time 20% more this... 30% more that... whatever. But this system does produce improved performance and fuel economy. Can't give any performance improvement numbers but it is certainly a noticeable improvement pulling my enclosed motorcycle trailer and just getting on the throttle hard around town. What I was really not expecting was the fuel economy improvement. Figuring the small amount of throttle opening that is being used for freeway cruising would not be high enough flow to ever see any benefits with the Volant's larger smoother tubing and filter but my fuel economy increased over 12%! I was actually shocked to see this result and I have double checked the figures on the same trip 3 times now. Amazing. If you buy one be sure to spend some time cleaning (very carefully) your MAF before installing it in the Volant system.
Base • CL • CS • LT • LS