- Engine AssembliesBuick Skyhawk
- Engine BlocksBuick Skyhawk
- (8)Valves & Valvetrain PartsBuick Skyhawk
- Pistons, Rings & Connecting RodsBuick Skyhawk
- (40)CamshaftsBuick Skyhawk
- (3)Timing Gears, Chains & CoversBuick Skyhawk
- (47)CrankshaftsBuick Skyhawk
- (46)Cylinder HeadsBuick Skyhawk
- Engine BearingsBuick Skyhawk
- (15)Turbo & SuperchargersBuick Skyhawk
- Harmonic BalancersBuick Skyhawk
- (34)Engine MountsBuick Skyhawk
- (158)Oil FiltersBuick Skyhawk
- (1)Oil PumpsBuick Skyhawk
- (3)Valve CoversBuick Skyhawk
- (5)Oil PansBuick Skyhawk
- (9)Engine Sensors, Relays, SwitchesBuick Skyhawk
- (8)Timing BeltsBuick Skyhawk
- (9)Engine Oil CoolersBuick Skyhawk
- Engine PulleysBuick Skyhawk
- (4)Auxiliary Drive BeltsBuick Skyhawk
- (2)Rebuild KitsBuick Skyhawk
- (97)Motor OilsBuick Skyhawk
- (59)Engine Oil AdditivesBuick Skyhawk
- (14)GasketingBuick Skyhawk
The history of the Buick Skyhawk dates back to 1974, when it was first introduced as a subcompact four-passenger car. At that time, buyers were used to massive, boxy Buicks, which is why the Skyhawk, a departure from Buick’s body style traditions, managed to gain popularity shortly after its release. The standard 3.8L V6 engine was just enough for an average driver, while manual or automatic transmissions were available at a choice. Overall, this two-door subcompact hatchback became known as one of the smallest Buicks ever created, but despite its modest size, it offered sufficient performance and comfort.
As a vintage car owner, you need to regularly make sure that all systems of the car, particularly the engine, are in optimum state and function as intended. There are times when the parts of the engine such as cylinder heads, filters, mounts, gaskets, timing belts, etc. need a replacement. However, finding the necessary parts for a vintage car might prove to be a difficult task. That is exactly the problem we aim to solve with our online store. Shopping with us, you will get access to a wide range of Buick Skyhawk replacement engine parts from the industry’s most reputable manufacturers.
- Replace® OE Replacement EngineOE Replacement Remanufactured Engine by Replace®. If your engine is worn out, don’t just get a rebuilt engine, get one that’s better than new. A Replace engine is reverse engineered to eliminate original factory defects,...Designed to be better than newReverse engineered to ensure any factory defects are eliminated$1,238.00 - $9,684.00
- Replace® OE Replacement Cylinder HeadOE Replacement Remanufactured Cylinder Head by Replace®. If your vehicle has a cylinder head problem, don’t waste time and money having your originals repaired. Replace cylinder heads are completely machined, inspected and ready...Completely disassembled, thoroughly cleaned, and carefully inspectedChecked for cracks$165.00 - $1,380.00
- CORTECO® Engine MountEngine Mount by Corteco®. Is your vehicle feeling down on power? Do you see dark puddles on the ground when you park? Is your CHECK ENGINE light on? Your engine may be in need of repair, but before you waste your time and gas...$1.44 - $480.01
- DNJ Engine Components® Piston Ring SetPiston Ring Set by DNJ Engine Components®. This premium product is the best way to go for those looking for the highest quality replacement that offers supreme levels of quality, performance and reliability. Designed to provide a...Designed to replace your malfunctioning partsHelps get your vehicle back to its original performance$24.14 - $170.60
- Dorman® Engine Timing CoverSave time and money with Dorman’s Engine Timing Cover. Each one comes with a gasket as well as any other components needed for a complete repair.$13.06 - $416.39
- Cloyes® Timing ChainTiming Chain by Cloyes®. Keep your engine’s valvetrain and balance shafts in perfect time with Cloyes, the world leader in timing drive systems. No matter whether you need a belt, chain or a complete timing kit, Cloyes has the OE...Maintains critical valvetrain and balance shaft timingPrevents performance problems and possible engine damage that can result from incorrect timing$9.18 - $113.56
- Cloyes® Timing SetTiming Set by Cloyes®. Keep your engine’s valvetrain in perfect time with Cloyes, the world leader in timing drive systems. No matter whether you need a timing gear or complete timing gear set, Cloyes has the OE quality parts...Maintains critical valve timingPrevents performance problems and possible engine damage that can result from incorrect timing$18.62 - $223.61
- Cloyes® Timing Gear SetTiming Gear Set by Cloyes®. Keep your engine’s valvetrain in perfect time with Cloyes, the world leader in timing drive systems. No matter whether you need a timing gear or complete timing gear set, Cloyes has the OE quality...Maintains critical valve timingPrevents performance problems and possible engine damage that can result from incorrect timing$30.92 - $185.78
- Continental® ContiTech™ Conti Synchrobelt™ Timing BeltContiTech™ Conti Synchrobelt™ Timing Belt by Continental®. This product is designed and manufactured as an OEM replacement for safe, reliable and efficient performance. Thanks to its polychloroprene cover, glass fiber tension...OE quality product for safe, reliable, and efficient performancePolychloroprene cover, glass fiber tension members, and polyamide fabric for reliable and long-lasting service life$7.16 - $83.14
- Dayco® Timing BeltTiming Belt by Dayco®. Developed and manufactured for OHC and DOHC type engines, this timing belt provides quieter performance thanks to its molded cog design. Made of wear-resistant fabric and manufactured with high tensile...Designed for OHC and DOHC type enginesMeets all OEM performance requirements$6.59 - $105.33
- Gates® PowerGrip™ Premium Timing BeltPowerGrip™ Premium Timing Belt by Gates®. When you’re low on oil, coolant or some other fluid, you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store. But before you waste your time and gas only to find high...$8.31 - $84.69
- Gates® Timing Belt Component KitTiming Belt Component Kit by Gates®. When you’re low on oil, coolant or some other fluid, you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store. But before you waste your time and gas only to find high prices...$26.51 - $278.35
- Dorman® Engine Harmonic BalancerEngine Harmonic Balancer by Dorman®. Durable and sleek, Dorman Harmonic Balancers feature a stress-resistant rubber bond that withstands the damaging effects of heat, salt, ozone and general wear and tear. The ductile steel...$4.94 - $286.59
- Victor Reinz® Main Bearing Gasket SetMain Bearing Gasket Set by Victor Reinz®. When you’re low on oil, coolant or some other fluid, you may be tempted to just run down to the local auto parts chain store. But before you waste your time and gas only to find high...$6.68 - $60.10
- Dayco® No Slack™ Automatic Belt Tensioner AssemblyNo Slack™ Automatic Belt Tensioner Assembly by Dayco®. Designed to maintain constant belt tension, this tensioner provides less variations in tension to prevent premature accessory bearing failure due to high belt tension, when a...Maintains constant tension on serpentine belt drivesEliminates belt noise and reduces slippage$30.77 - $182.71
Guides & Articles
- Replacement Engine PartsFan Belt? Alternator Belt? Serpentine Belt? Similarities and DifferencesLook up "fan belt" in any modern automotive dictionary, and you'll typically find a definition that reads, "An endless belt used to transmit power from a crankshaft-driven pulley to a pulley driving the fan, alternator, or other engine accessory. It is usually V-shaped in cross section with the point of the V fitting into a groove in the pulley".
- Performance Engine PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Replacement Engine PartsTiming Gears, Chains And Belts Keep Your Camshaft Correctly Timed!Does your ride have timing gears, a timing belt, or a timing chain? Is one better than the other? And perhaps most importantly, do I need to be concerned about the recommendation to replace the timing belt at a certain mileage interval? Welcome to our discussion of "engine timing".
- Replacement Engine PartsGlossary of Engine Internal PartsInternal combustion engines are extremely complex and feature a wide array of components that rotate, move up and down, pump, seal, or remain stationary. When repairing or rebuilding your engine, you will come across many different terms when referencing repair manuals and ordering parts. We know it can be confusing, especially when the repair is complex. Even if you are paying a professional to do the work, it’s good to be conversant with the topic. In order to help you understand the terminology of engine components, we’ve created the following glossary, listed in alphabetical order.