The Buick Lucerne puts the comfort of its passengers and driver as its top priority. The Lucerne's seating is luxurious and spacious rear and front. Moreover, excellent design of the windshield wipers provides the owners of the Buick Lucerne with the quietest car on the market. Having plush and absorbent ride because of the soft suspension, this vehicle is perfect for any kind of trip. It seems you need to do nothing more but to keep your vehicle in peak condition. Although, there are some car parts that can be improved to provide you with the highest level of safety and performance. Your brake system is one of them.
Brakes wear out quickly because of being the most expendable car device. The main problem about drum brakes is that they keep the heat inside and fade in the result. Disc stopping device also converts kinetic energy to heat but it is open to air and cooled faster. Do you think that if you have the disc brake system, you need nothing more? You are wrong as it is possible to increase its effectiveness with the help of a Buick Lucerne slotted or dimpled rotor. Dimples will make your rotor cool faster as they give the air better access. Besides, it isn't a secret that clean devices operate more efficiently. This is the reason you should pay attention to slotted rotors as slots keep the dust away from your brakes. Finally, you are offered Buick Lucerne brake kits to provide your vehicle with enormous stopping power.
- PowerStop® 1-Click Z23 Evolution Sport Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit1-Click Z23 Evolution Sport Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit by PowerStop®. Kit Includes: Evolution Drilled and Slotted Performance Rotors, Z23 Evolution Sport Carbon Fiber Infused Ceramic Brake Pads, Premium Hardware, Pin Bushing Kit...$112.09 - $1,431.72
- EBC® Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake PadsRedstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads by EBC®. This set of replacement ceramic brake pads offers OEM quality fit and operation with the superior stopping power, longer life, reduced brake fade, and lower dust buildup that ceramic...$47.53 - $180.42
- Chrome Brakes® Drilled and Slotted RotorsDrilled and Slotted Rotors by Chrome Brakes®. This is a set of OEM-sized replacement rotors with slots and drilled holes that provide the superior level of cooling needed for high performance street driving, trailer towing, 4x4...$102.19 - $765.19
- Akebono® Performance™ Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake PadsPerformance™ Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads by Akebono®. These pads are specifically designed for drivers who push a vehicle to its limit and expect exceptional performance. Installed on a high-performance car, light truck,...$42.72 - $95.45
- EBC® 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors by EBC®. These replacement rotors feature both slots and drilled dimples to provide the superior level of cooling needed for high performance street driving, trailer towing, 4x4 use,...$71.28 - $3,246.61
- PowerStop® Evolution Drilled and Slotted Performance RotorsEvolution Drilled and Slotted Performance Rotors by PowerStop®. You don’t need to decide whether to use cross drilled or slotted rotors. Power Stop offers these high-quality rotors with both technologies, as well as OEM-style...$68.93 - $410.28
- EBC® Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake PadsGreenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake Pads by EBC®. This set of replacement brake pads is engineered for optimum performance on lighter, less powerful vehicles that do not typically travel at triple-digit speeds. Get the fit and...$39.36 - $177.73
- EBC® Stage 4 Signature Brake KitStage 4 Signature Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors and Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads. Get increased power with less brake dust no matter what you drive with the EBC Stage 4 Signature Brake Kit....$144.32 - $2,994.89
- PowerStop® Z23 Evolution Sport Performance Brake PadsZ23 Evolution Sport Performance Carbon Fiber Infused Ceramic Brake Pads by PowerStop®. Brake Pad Clips Included. Power Stop’s Evolution carbon-ceramic pad formula uses OE positive mold technology to ensure a uniform friction...$35.15 - $110.00
- EBC® Stage 2 Sport Brake KitStage 2 Sport Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors and Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake Pads. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 2 Sport Brake Kit...$143.19 - $665.50
- EBC® USR Series Sport Slotted RotorsUSR Series Sport Slotted Rotors by EBC®. These replacement brake rotors feature multiple slots in a narrow, more angled pattern to create a quieter running surface with a superior level of cooling. Vented center provides even...$89.73 - $2,923.92
- PowerStop® Z26 Extreme Street Performance Brake PadsZ26 Extreme Street Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads by PowerStop®. Brake Pad Clips Included. These Pads are for drivers drive high-performance cars on the street. If you demand shorter stopping distances under any conditions:...$45.12 - $171.86
- EBC® Yellowstuff Brake PadsYellowstuff Brake Pads by EBC®. These are racing-grade replacement brake pads designed to offer an optimum combination of performance on both the street and the racetrack. Aramid fiber compound provides a high level of grip when...$47.58 - $205.79
- Chrome Brakes® Ceramix Brake PadsCeramix Brake Pads by Chrome Brakes®. These replacement brake pads are designed for aggressive street driving, and feature a composite blend of ceramic and metallic materials to achieve the lower dust and longer life of a ceramic...$62.52 - $200.00
- Hawk® Sector 27 Brake KitSector 27 Brake Kit by Hawk®. Add some much-needed power to your brakes by installing Hawk's Sector 27 Brake Kit. With this brake kit you can perform the ultimate upgrade of your vehicle, giving it that supercar efficiency together...$127.46 - $570.05
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsWhy is it important to do a brake fluid flush?If you've ever visited an automotive dealership service department, you may have been told that your vehicle needs a brake fluid flush. Or you might have received a coupon mailer offering this service for a discounted price. Maybe you thought it was an attempt on the part of the dealer to separate you from your money for something you don't really need. After all, you have made the effort to learn more about your brakes, and you understand that occasionally, the brake pads and rotors will wear out and need replacing. However, you've never heard of a "brake fluid flush".
- Performance PartsHow To Replace Disc Brake PadsDisc brakes have been the most common setup on modern vehicles for decades, with just about 100% of today's vehicles using them in the front, and many cars and trucks also equipping the rear with disc brakes. The brake pads are the wear items which will need attention sooner or later; there will be wide variations in brake pad life depending on the vehicle, driver, driving style, etc., but rough estimates are that front pads will need attention every 15,000-30,000 miles, with rear disc pads lasting 50,000-100,000 miles.
- Performance PartsWhich Performance Brake Pads Work Best On My Car?The brake pads which were installed on your car or truck when it was new are "fine" - fine for the average Joe who is driving an unmodified vehicle. But YOU, the auto enthusiast, you know better. You have made various drivetrain mods, or have converted your truck into a towing rig. You've added bigger wheels and tires and now want brakes which won't leave such a mess on the shiny rims. You recognize that you need to improve the "stop" to accompany the "go". The first, and easiest, item to move up to is a set of performance brake pads.
- Performance PartsGlossary of Brake TerminologyWhether you're looking to replace worn brake pads and rotors or delving into more detailed brake repairs or upgrades that involve new calipers, proportioning valves, master cylinders, vacuum boosters, and more, you will come across a lot of different terminology when it comes to brake components. Depending on your knowledge and experience, a lot of these terms may be elementary. However, because many of them use similar words but represent completely different things, we've created this glossary to help you understand exactly what you need, and what you don't.
- Performance PartsDisc Brakes and Drum Brakes Explained!If you have owned a car or truck for more than a few months, you are undoubtedly aware that your vehicle's brakes occasionally need replacing. Let's face it, we can be hard on our brakes. Highway speeds, stop-and-go traffic, and heavy cargo loads are some of the more significant factors which increase brake wear.
- Performance PartsSpecial Tools Used In Brake ServiceIn this article, we’ll introduce you to the specific tools designed to be used when replacing brake components and servicing your brake system. Having the right tools BEFORE you start working on your vehicle makes these types of jobs quick, easy, and doable for the home mechanic. It also prevents having to put things back together before the job is finished because a tool needs to be purchased. Owning the right tools and doing the job yourself will save you hundreds of dollars by sparing you a visit to the repair shop – and much more over the course of a lifetime of brake work.
- Performance PartsBest Brake Rotors For Your Driving StyleDisc brake rotors (aka 'rotors') are the actual discs that brake pads clamp onto, creating friction that slows a vehicle. Disc brake rotors bolt on over the axle hub and contain holes that allow wheel mounting bolts to pass through and rotate with the wheels. Since there are many rotor styles and designs specially created for every budget and need, we’ve listed the advantages of each disc brake rotor so that you can make the right choice and get the best for your vehicle. All rotors, except ceramic brake rotors and two-piece rotors with aluminum centers, are typically one piece and crafted from iron for maximum heat absorption.
- Performance PartsIs It Time For New Brakes?Squealing noise upon brake application is actually caused by a high-frequency vibration of metal rotors, drums, or brake pad backing plates. Excess corrosion that forms over time on non-contact, outer perimeter areas of rotors and drums is a prime cause because rust is looser and less dense in nature – therefore, more likely to create resonation.
- Performance PartsTips To Get The Maximum Life Out Of Your Brake PartsIf you've had to replace brake pads or rotors on modern vehicles, you know how expensive the parts and labor can be. Because extending your brake pad life puts real money back into your pocket, we offer some tips for those who are interested in doing just that. While it's a general rule that brake pads designed with aggressive grip levels and performance driving will result in faster wear, the following suggestions will help you extend your brake life significantly no matter what type of brakes you have on your vehicle.
- Centric® C-Tek™ Standard Plain Brake Rotor$25.70 - $38.62
Buick Lucerne Performance Brakes Reviews
- Popular Lucerne Part Numbers
- Buick Lucerne Models
- Lucerne CX Performance Brakes, Pads & Rotors
- Lucerne CXL Performance Brakes, Pads & Rotors
- Lucerne CXL Special Edition Performance Brakes, Pads & Rotors
- Lucerne CXS Performance Brakes, Pads & Rotors
- Lucerne Super Performance Brakes, Pads & Rotors