A whole series of technical innovations followed and the revenues earned through these patents provided a solid basis for the later success of this young company. In order to meet the quality demands in manufacturing the fittings, the company set up its own strip iron rolling mill in 1919. With the motto "A rolling stone gathers no moss," Hans Bilstein, the son of the company's founder, brought new concepts for nickel- and chrome-plating processes.
- (4,612)Bilstein Performance Suspension Parts
- (4,539)Bilstein Replacement Suspension Parts
- (97)Bilstein Replacement Steering Parts
- (97)Bilstein Performance Steering Parts
- Bilstein® B14 Series PSS Coilover KitB14 Series PSS Coilover Kit by Bilstein®. The Bilstein B14 PSS Suspension allows adjustable vehicle ride height without the expense of a fully adjustable damping system. This system features both coilover and standard mono-tube gas...Monotube internal designThreaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles, while installed$777.71 - $1,771.32
- Bilstein® B12 Series Lowering KitsB12 Series Lowering Kits by Bilstein®. The B12 system provides a lower stance and more stable ride for better road handling and control. This is the most economical way to vastly improve your car's performance AND appearance.Monotube internal designProfessional Cornering System Sport PCSS$626.81 - $1,428.57
- Bilstein® B16 Series Coilover KitB16 Series Coilovers with Lift Height by Bilstein®. The Bilstein B16 system puts you in complete control, providing the kind of precise suspension tuning formerly available only on race cars. From a weekend of competition to daily...Threaded body adjustable range of 0.79" at both axlesLowering of approx. 1.18"-1.96" at front and rear$1,366.82 - $3,325.98
- Bilstein® B4 Series Replacement Air SuspensionB4 Series Replacement Air Suspension by Bilstein®. The Bilstein B4 air suspension module. The only fully functional module for all air suspension systems in uncompromising OE quality. High-quality air suspension modules in...High OEM quality standardsProven BILSTEIN gas pressure technology$74.41 - $5,121.38
- Bilstein® B4 Series Replacement Shocks and StrutsB4 Series Replacement Shocks and Struts by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN has a legendary reputation for providing original equipment components to many of the world’s finest vehicle manufacturers. The BILSTEIN B4 Series provides the same...Constant damping characteristics under any loadConsistent performance and handling give the vehicle a new car feel every time$33.42 - $592.24
- Bilstein® Clubsport Series Lowering Coilover KitClubsport Series Lowering Coilover Kit by Bilstein®. The Bilstein Clubsport® suspension system is a fully street-legal, TÜV-certified high-end coilover package that is also designed for uncompromising use in the fields of racing...2-way damping force adjuster for independent adjustment of rebound and compression forcesAluminum adjustment wheels with clearly identified tuning settings from 1 (soft) to 10 (hard)$3,753.43 - $5,247.28
- Bilstein® B3 Series Replacement Coil SpringB3 Series Replacement Coil Spring by Bilstein®. By choosing Bilstein springs, you're backing an uncontested champion: a succesful motor sports fitter and a leading original equpment manufacturer of automotuve springs.Innovative technical design, such as Pigtail ends, Minivlock forms and central force designHigh-quality chrime vanadium or chrome silicone steel for an extremely high level of break resistance$30.35 - $126.19
- Bilstein® B6 Series Shock Absorbers and StrutsB6 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts by Bilstein®. If you expect more damping power from your shock absorber – even under loads – but don’t want to opt for an all-out sports model, the BILSTEIN B6 is the ideal solution.Increased power reserves and service life, even when pulling transporters and trailers or during frequent journeys with loadsOptimum adhesion and enhanced lane change stability in both day to day and extreme situations$64.93 - $769.20
- Bilstein® 4600 Series Shock Absorbers4600 Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. Bilstein 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance and handling, while still...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required$28.45 - $321.14
- Bilstein® B8 Series Shock Absorbers and StrutsB8 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts by Bilstein®. If you’re looking for a performance lowering shock absorber or strut, the BILSTEIN B8 Sport Series is up to the task. Designed to enhance your car’s lowered suspension,...Shortened high-performance shock absorbers for virtually every lowering spring set and series production sport vehiclesMarked improvement in safety and performance with additional spring changes (lowering)$82.24 - $454.99
- Bilstein® 5100 Series Shock Absorbers5100 Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. 5100 Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN 5100 Series Shock Absorbers are designed specifically to help your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance,...Individually engineered for a wide array of specific vehicles and lift combinationsMonotube gas pressure technology$78.70 - $179.40
- Bilstein® AK Series Shock AbsorbersAK Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. Sealed steel body stock mount shocks and struts. These shock kit packages are perfect for dialing in your car. Everything is included...the shocks, instructions and recommended set-ups.Monotube gas pressure constructionFor Camaro, Chevelle, Monte Carlo/Buick Regal, Full-size Ford, and Mustang bodies$90.47 - $126.72
- Bilstein® 5160 Series Shock Absorbers5160 Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. 5160 Series Stock Mount Remote Reservoir Shocks are a direct-fit for your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV - no cutting or welding required.Bilstein's industry leading monotube designZinc finish with multi-layer unique Bilstein coating for extreme protection$184.99 - $211.09
- Bilstein® Motorsport Series Shock AbsorbersMotorsport Series Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. Bilstein Motorsport Shock Absorbers offer the technology and performance necessary to keep serious competitors crossing the finish line first! The monotube design allows for a larger...The monotube design allows for a larger working pistonAvailable in steel and aluminum bodies$149.53 - $2,096.51
- Bilstein® 5100 Series Front Steering Stabilizers5100 Series Steering Stabilizers by Bilstein®. Bilstein 5100 Series Steering Dampers are designed specifically to help you maintain complete command of your truck, van or SUV at all times. A 5100 Series Steering Damper is essential...Corrects steering wobble issues often seen with OE dampersSuperior gas over hydraulic design will not fade under even the most extreme driving conditions$78.44 - $97.34
- Bilstein® B4 Series Replacement Steering StabilizersB4 Series Replacement Steering Stabilizers by Bilstein®. BILSTEIN has a legendary reputation for providing original equipment components to many of the world’s finest vehicle manufacturers. The BILSTEIN B4 Series provides the...Constant damping characteristics under any loadConsistent performance and handling give the vehicle a new car feel every time$31.43 - $83.25
- Bilstein® 4600 Series Steering Stabilizers4600 Series Steering Stabilizers by Bilstein®. Bilstein 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride performance and handling, while still...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required$109.54 - $129.54
- Bilstein® B1 Series Replacement Shock and Strut ComponentsB1 Series Replacement Shock and Strut Components by Bilstein®. Any shock absorber is only as good as the equipment around it. So when you’re replacing shock absorbers, make sure you have the right service parts. Replacing bump...All components designed to suit our BILSTEIN shock absorbers, down to the last detailWide range of support bearings for almost every type of car$19.59 - $86.70
- Bilstein® B16 Series Monotube Shock AbsorbersB16 Series Monotube Shock Absorbers by Bilstein®. The engineers at Bilstein have created the ultimate race inspired suspension - the Bilstein B16 PSS9/PSS10. This innovative suspension system delivers unsurpassed driving...Individual settings ranging from maximum Comfort to aggressive Sport can be selected by the twist of a dial (9 on PSS9, 10 on PSS10)Threaded body adjustable range of 20 mm at both axles$715.70 - $719.05
- Bilstein® MDS Series Shock Absorbers and StrutsMDS Series Shock Absorbers and Struts by Bilstein®. Bilstein Motorsport Shock Absorbers offer the technology and performance necessary to keep serious competitors crossing the finish line first! The monotube design allows for a...Monotube gas pressure constructionAluminum body construction reduces weight & improves cooling$1,374.57 - $2,890.38
- Bilstein® 5112 Series Lift Kit5112 Series Lift Kit by Bilstein®. 5112 Series is a high performance leveling kit which provides more ground clearance, allows for larger tires, and increases wheel travel. The 5100 Series kit is for front applications and consists...Provides 2"-2.5" of lift depending on application46mm monotube shock design for consistent fade-free performance$350.00
It was in 1927 that Hans Bilstein made the first move towards the automotive accessories industry, through his co-operation with the Berlin-based lifting gear company Levator-Hebezeug-Fabrik. He did not have to wait long to see his activities bear fruit.
In 1928, four years before the opening of the first motorway between Cologne and Bonn, Bilstein supplied the first chrome-plated bumper for mass-produced cars. Just one year later the company began producing car jacks. In typical Bilstein style, it entered this market with a resounding technical innovation, introducing the first usable side jack to a world that was only slowly getting used to the car. But the true world sensation was still to come.
In 1954, Bilstein was the first to realise the potential offered by an idea of Prof. Bourcier de Carbon, a French researcher in the field of vibrations. The aim was to eliminate the physical disadvantages of the conventional telescopic shock absorbers, whilst at the same time making the dampers lighter and able to be fitted in any position.
Enormous effort went into development, accompanied by substantial investment in the necessary production facilities, in order to achieve this ambitious target. And it paid off. The introduction of the first mono-tube gas pressure shock absorber in a standard production Mercedes-Benz vehicle in 1957 by what was at the time the 'Fittings and car jack manufacturer BILSTEIN' (Beschlag- und Wagenheber-Hersteller BILSTEIN) is still today considered a major contribution to active driving safety. Whether you need Bilstein shocks, Bilstein coilovers, or any other Bilstein parts, CARiD has you covered.
2008 Chevy Trailblazer