Supertop™ NX Black Diamond Complete Replacement Soft Top (54720-35) by Bestop®. Tinted Side and Rear Windows. Does not Include Doors. This is Bestop's flagship soft top, a factory style top that comes with factory style door surrounds, factory style windshield channel and tinted windows, but upgraded with Bestop innovations like the Top Arch, which prevents puddling after rain, the bow mount adjustment plate for top tensioning, and a fold-back sunroof feature. This is a complete top that includes fabric, side and rear windows, door surrounds, tailgate bar, and all hardware. It's available with standard premium vinyl fabric, multi-ply Sailcloth, and luxurious Black Twill.
- Factory style replacement soft top made by the original supplier of soft tops to Jeep for the Wrangler
- Complete top with OEM style hardware
- Premium quality vinyl fabric is mildew resistant, and contains UV inhibitors
- Unique, heavier, multi-ply Sailcloth fabric available in Black Diamond
- Sailcloth dramatically reduces outside noise and enhances insulation
- 30 oz. triple layer Black Twill Fabric provides superior appearance, quiet ride, and enhanced insulation
- Black Twill has smooth, wrinkle resistant appearance, unique textured interior, and contains no PVCs
- Black Twill fabric previously only seen on high-end sports and luxury models like Camaro, BMW, and Rolls Royce
- Fold back hinges create a sunroof for open air driving
- Exclusive Top Arch that spans above front seat area to keep top tight and minimize puddling
- High strength powdercoated steel and OEM style thermoplastic polymer hardware
- Top fits completely behind rear seat when folded
- Tailgate bar allows tailgate to be opened without opening rear window for easy access
- Includes Bestop's new bow mount adjustment plate for tensioning the top
- Includes quick release bow knuckles that help easily remove the hardware from the vehicle
- Includes new and improved door surrounds, similar to OE style door surrounds
- Industrial strength thread for durable construction
- Sealed seams for water-tight protection
- Heat-sealed DOT approved windows with 31% tint on premium vinyl and Sailcloth tops
- Heat sealed 40-mil DOT approved windows with 31% tint, the thickest in the industry, on Black Twill top
- Heavy-duty zippers allow easy window removal and installation
- Comes with comprehensive, illustrated installation instructions
- Limited 2-year warranty on standard vinyl fabric and Sailcloth, and limited lifetime warranty on Black Twill
No matter how well it's cared for, after many years and miles the average soft top will become weathered, evidenced by cracks, tears, and fading of the fabric, and clouding and yellowing of the windows. The supporting hardware (bow assembly) can also wear, with parts becoming bent or damaged so the top no longer holds its shape, and hinges that become worn, loose, or binding, making the top difficult to lower and raise. If this sounds like your soft top, upgrade to Bestop's Supertop NX. The Supertop NX is Bestop's factory style soft top that also includes exclusive features not available in a factory top, like the fold back hinges that can quickly create a sunroof for open air motoring, and the Top Arch, which spans above the front seat area to keep the top from flapping and minimize puddling after rain.
The Supertop NX is a complete replacement top and comes with everything you need, the fabric, zip-out replaceable tinted side and rear windows, tailgate bar, door surrounds, and all hardware for installation. Your choice of fabric includes premium vinyl available in several colors, multi-ply Sailcloth in Black Diamond, and exclusive Black Twill, a fabric heretofore only used on high-end sports cars like Jaguar and Lamborghini, and high-end luxury cars like Rolls Royce.
The premium grade soft top fabric maintains its shape in any temperature, is mildew resistant, and contains UV inhibitors to prevent fading. The unique, heavier, multi-ply Sailcloth fabric makes one of the quietest soft tops on the market. Each ply plays a different role, but together they reflect road sounds, absorb wind noise, and prevent buffeting to create a silencing effect. The heavier, multi-ply fabric also increases insulation, for a cabin that stays warmer in the cold winter months, but also feels cooler in the summer heat. The Black Twill brings a level of refinement never before available for a Jeep. The 30 oz. fabric consists of 3 layers, the exterior Black Twill, a center butyl rubber layer, and the interior cloth backing. The Black Twill is soft, smooth and wrinkle-free, while the interior cloth backing features a unique textured finish that will create a more finished cabin. All 3 layers combine to reduce noise for a quieter ride and improve insulation, for a warmer cabin in the winter and cooler driving experience in the summer.
The Supertop NX is constructed using industrial strength thread for durability, and all seams are sealed for water-tight protection. The underlying support hardware is made of high-strength steel and OEM style thermoplastic polymer. The steel is powdercoated to resist rust and remain durable. This top mechanism allows the top to be folded back in minutes, and the quick release bow knuckles will allow the top to be completely removed from the vehicle quickly and easily. The included bow mount adjustment plate will keep the top tight regardless of age or temperature, and the Fold Back hinges allow just the front of the top to be folded back after it's unlatched, to create an instant sunroof for open air motoring. The exclusive Top Arch bar is designed to minimize fabric flapping at high speed, and avoid puddles forming on the top after a hard rain.
The DOT approved windows are heat sealed to remain water-tight and retained with heavy-duty molded tooth zippers, with a 31% tint to keep you cool under the blazing sun. The windows on the Black Twill top are industry-leading 40-mil. The tailgate bar allows the tailgate to be opened without opening the rear window for trouble-free access on most applications. The zippers allow the side windows to be removed and the rear window rolled up and secured for open air motoring.
The Supertop NX Complete Replacement Soft Top comes with everything required for installation, including detailed, illustrated instructions to guide you through an assembly procedure that should take about 3 hours (at temperatures of 72°F or higher, below that temperature the fabric may contract somewhat, making it more difficult to fit to the vehicle). The premium vinyl and Sailcloth tops are covered by a limited 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, while the Black Twill top is covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, the only soft top you can buy with a warranty this strong.
Bestop® has its origins in Boulder, Colorado in the early 1950s, where founder Thomas Bradley first began manufacturing soft tops for Jeeps during slow periods at his auto upholstery shop. From such humble beginnings Bestop has grown to become the world's largest soft top maker, producing almost 200,000 tops each year, as well as a factory original supplier of soft tops to Chrysler, Suzuki, Isuzu, GM, and Toyota. In fact, Bestop has been the original equipment manufacturer of all Jeep soft tops since 1986. Along with soft tops Bestop is a leading provider of Jeep and truck accessories like bumpers for rock crawling enthusiasts, electrically powered running boards, retractable bed steps, seats, floor liners, and vehicle storage and cargo carrying accessories. Bestop combines the expertise that comes from almost 60 years' experience with cutting edge and innovative design and engineering, and manufacturing that meets or exceeds OEM quality standards, to create the finest Jeep and truck accessories available.