Ballistic Sound Deadeners
Ballistic Sound Suppression Systems is a brand of car electronics mothership Metra, whose scions include Axxess Integrate, Connects2, Raptor, Shuriken batteries, Tsunami, Install Bay installation hardware and the Metra Home Theater group, Audio solutions and Ethereal. With this big a footprint in the car audio industry, it's no small wonder that they know what's required to manufacture a superior-performing line of sound-control materials.
- Ballistic Sound® Sound Suppression KitUniversal Sound Suppression Kit by Ballistic®. Size does matter sometimes, and Ballistic butyl rubber sound-deadening composite is up to 30% thicker that the higher-priced spread. Odor-free, it is easy to apply and will make your...
$19.51from $15.61 - $220.44# 4131566
- Ballistic Sound® Sound Suppression Magnum KitUniversal Sound Suppression Magnum Kit by Ballistic®. Size does matter sometimes, and Ballistic sound-deadening butyl rubber composite is up to 30% thicker that the competitive spread. Virtually odor-free it is easy to apply and...
- Ballistic Sound® Sound Suppression Hood ArmorUniversal Sound Suppression Hood Armor by Ballistic®. Material Size 32" x 54", Material Coverage 12 ft2, Thickness 0.75". Engineered to live in the extremes of the underhood environment, Ballistic Hood Armor's 3/4" thickness is the...
- Ballistic Sound® Sound Suppression Carpet PadUniversal Sound Suppression Carpet Pad by Ballistic®. Ballistic's butyl rubber/aluminum composite is the perfect material to apply to floorboards, under your carpet to dampen sound and road noise. The butyl rubber actually converts...
$75.08from $60.06 - $116.90# 4140458
- BALLISTIC® Sound Suppression Carpet Pad 125Universal Sound Suppression Carpet Pad 125 (SSCP125) by Ballistic®. Material Size 32" x 54", Material Coverage 12 ft2, Thickness 0.125". This eighth-inch-thick sound suppression carpet pad conforms to the surface it's applied. Keep...
- BALLISTIC® Sound Suppression Carpet Pad 05Universal Sound Suppression Carpet Pad 05 (SSCP05) by Ballistic®. Material Size 32" x 54", Material Coverage 12 ft2, Thickness 0.5". This half-inch-thick sound suppression carpet pad conforms to the surface it's applied. Keep noise...
- Ballistic Sound® KitWedge Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- Ballistic Sound® Trunk KitTrunk Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- Ballistic Sound® Speaker KitSpeaker Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- Ballistic Sound® License Plate KitLicense Plate Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- Ballistic Sound® Door KitDoor Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- Ballistic Sound® Bulk KitBulk Kit by Ballistic Sound®.
- BALLISTIC® Sound Suppression Magnum Trunk Kit, 12 PcsUniversal Sound Suppression Magnum Trunk Kit (SSTKT-MG) by Ballistic®, 12 Pieces. Material Size 15" x 16", Coverage Of Each Piece 1.67 ft2, Thickness 2.4 mm. This trunk pack will let you completely soundproof even a larger car's...
- BALLISTIC® Sound Suppression Magnum Bulk Kit, 9 PcsUniversal Sound Suppression Magnum Bulk Kit (SSBK-MG) by Ballistic®, 9 Pieces. Material Size 18" x 32", Coverage Of Each Piece 4.0 ft2, Thickness 2.4 mm. This bulk pack will let you completely soundproof even a larger car's...
- BALLISTIC® Sound Suppression Wedge Kit, 1 PcUniversal Sound Suppression Wedge Kit (SSWEDGE) by Ballistic®, 1 Piece. Material Size 18" x 32", Material Coverage 4 ft2, Thickness 2.2 mm. It's called a wedge kit because the box is wedge-shaped and easier to ship and shelve. The...
The ideal enclosure for a speaker is a very large box made of some very stiff material, like thick steel or ceramic. The theory says that this box should not move at all when the speaker is alternatively pushing air into it and sucking it back out. Any movement of the enclosure is energy that doesn't go into the air outside, and consequently into your ear.
Unfortunately, car doors aren't a good replication of that ideal enclosure. They're just about the right size internally to make some bass notes boomy while others disappear, and they're made of thin, springy sheet metal that vibrates to the music, stealing power and introducing distortion. Add in the traffic noise from outside, and it's a wonder our music sounds as good as it does. Proper use of damping materials can vastly improve your sound.
That sound dampening material also keeps road noise out, by using the same properties: it lowers the resonant frequency of the springy steel panel it's glued to, and absorbs a lot of energy, eventually dissipating it as heat. There's a third advantage: the rubber and aluminum sandwich Ballistic uses will reflect heat in either direction, while the rubber acts as an insulator.
The product is easy to cut to shape and stick in place. Since it is behind panels or below flooring, the look, when placed in contoured areas, does not really matter. It works great! I did the rear quarter panels on my car and when I knock on the exterior metal, the sound is muted.