F420 Wheels by Avant Garde®. These multipiece aluminum alloy forged wheels feature a reverse configuration to permit a larger exposed wheel disc as well as a deeper-appearing lip compared to a more conventional stepped lip. The concavity of the wheel center section is individualized for every application in this series.
Forging is a process that shapes the raw aluminum blank into the near-final form of the wheel under many tons of hydraulic pressure. A 250-ton rotary forge press forces 6061 T6 aerospace aluminum billet blanks to very near their final net shape. Only detail machining is necessary to bring the wheel to its final contour. Not only does the forging process shape the metal, it changes it dramatically, compressing it into a denser, stronger form with internal grain that follows the contour of the finished forging, for the ultimate in strength. In the case of the Form Concave series wheels, the wheel is forged in three pieces, including two barrel halves and center that are fastened together by chromed 12-point Italian-sourced bolts. Final lightening of the center is accomplished by spoke beam contouring and back pad contouring. Available in 19", 20", 21" and 22" rim diameters.
The design of these wheels is done with the latest technology of Finite Element Engineering, a process that allows the wheel designer to "build" a wheel in the computer and stress it with the loads it will see when in service. The software shows graphically where the stresses are concentrated in the wheel. By trimming metal here and there, and adding some where needed, it's possible to very quickly come to an optimum design, one that's the lightest and strongest possible. All of this is done in a few hours or days in the computer, instead of laboriously making prototypes and testing them until they fail. This accelerated design process generates the strongest, lightest wheels in the industry, and allows Avant Garde to develop many vehicle-specific styles and fitments in a very short period of time.
Avant Garde's relentless attention to detail means that these wheels will absolutely fit the vehicle they're intended for, including vitally important area like centering ring diameters, brake caliper clearance and the fitting of the OEM tire-pressure-monitoring sensors. Fanatical attention to offsets and fender lip clearance will let you order these wheels with the certainty they will fit properly on your vehicle and make it handle properly.
- Individualized Concavity profile for each application
- Italian Made chrome-plated, high strength 12pt hardware - Standard
- Aerospace Grade 6061-T6 forged aluminum for optimum strength-to-weight ratio
- Precision CNC production to your specifications for any custom application
- OE TPMS and mounting hardware compatible
- Available in both rolled step lip (RS) and reverse/flat lip (R) configurations
- 1-Year Warranty on Finish
- Lifetime Warranty on Structure
- Lip size may vary depending on the size of the wheel
- All wheels are custom made for each customer and are therefore Non-Cancelable and Non-Returnable
- Wheel orders cannot be cancelled after the manufacturing process has begun (usually 24 to 48 hours after order is placed)
With over 40 years of experience in the automotive wheel industry, the Avant Garde team understands the level of attention to detail that is required from everyone in this industry, and possesses the level of experience and expertise necessary to be the forerunners of the industry. The company is managed and run by automotive enthusiasts whose passion for engineering the best possible wheels can easily be recognized in the quality and finish of all its products. The team’s passion for their own vehicles is reflected into the company and extends to the sales team, the marketing department, and the warehouse staff. Everyone at Avant Garde is fueled by enthusiasm and driven by passion.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
- There is a high risk of damage when transferring TPMS from your factory wheels to your new aftermarket wheels
- Conveniently receive a fully functional and assembled wheel & tire package without having to do any extra work or incur further costs
- Always have an extra set. Enjoy the convenience of quickly switching between your factory and custom wheels for Snow or Racing
- We have state of the art equipment to "scratch-less" mount and "road force" balance any size wheel and tire that most local shops cannot
- Oro-Tek has been engineering and manufacturing premium quality sensors since the beginning of TPMS
- Save money on installation since we install TPMS sensors at no charge
- Save money on shipping since shipping wheels and tires separately costs substantially more
- Save money on assembly since we mount and balance at no charge