- Accurately displays engine crankshaft rotation rate (RPM)
- Helps you stay within the engine powerband while driving for peak performance
- Helps you avoid elevated engine speed that could result in expensive engine damage
- Elite Series NASCAR Pit Road Speed Tach features 0-10,000 RPM dial, Pit Road Speed Indicator, Shift Light, and Red Line/Over-Rev Light
- Elite Series Tach available in 3 ¾” and 5” gauge housing and operates on 8-cylinder engines only with most ignition systems
- Elite Series Tach requires Auto Meter PIC Module #9119 for programming (sold separately)
- Pro-Comp Tachometer available in 5” gauge housing for gas and diesel engines
- Pro-Comp gas engine tach features 0-9000 RPM dial and peak RPM recall, and operates on 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines with most ignition systems
- Pro-Comp diesel tach features 0-6000 RPM dial with separate dash mounted recall switch; requires fabrication to balancer or flywheel for tachometer probe installation
- Ultra-Lite Tachometer available in 5” gauge housing for gas engines and 2 5/8” housing for diesel engines
- Ultra-Lite gas engine tach features 0-10,000 RPM dial and user selectable shift light; operates on 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines with most ignition systems
- Ultra-Lite diesel engine tach features 0-5000 RPM dial and uses small inductive probe that straps to alternator
- Z-Series Tachometer available in 2 5/8” gauge housing for gas and diesel engines
- Z-Series gas engine tachs available in 0-4000 RPM dial for low revving engines and 0-8000 RPM dial; operates on 4, 6, or 8-cylinder engines with most ignition systems
- Z-Series diesel engine tach features 0-5000 RPM dial and uses small inductive probe that straps to alternator
- Includes mounting and wiring instructions
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
Engines typically make the best power within a narrow range of a few thousand RPM. To make the best time on the race track, or for spirited high-performance driving, the throttle and gearing must be manipulated by the driver via the gas pedal and shift lever to keep the engine within this powerband. Engines also have a peak operating rotation speed, known as the “red line”, and operation above this rate can cause serious and expensive engine damage when overstressed components fail. If you’re driving by “seat of the pants” feel and the sound of the engine, you’re really only guessing at engine RPM; for the best performance and safest engine operation you need the accuracy of an Auto Meter Pedestal Mount Tachometer.
The Elite Series Pedestal Mount Tachometer is an advanced technology instrument used by top NASCAR teams and features a Pit Road Speed Indicator, Shift Light, Red Line/Over-Rev Light, and peak RPM recall. It comes in your choice of 3 ¾” or 5” gauge housing with 0-10,000 RPM dial. The Pro-Comp tach has more than 20 years race proven heritage in the most extreme conditions. It features a black dial with bright bezel, bright orange pointer, perimeter incandescent lighting with red and green bulb covers, and peak RPM recall in a 5” gauge housing, and it’s available for gasoline and diesel engine applications. The gas engine tach operates on 4, 6, and 8-cylinder engines with points, electronic ignition, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions. The diesel engine tach includes a probe trigger, but modifications to the balancer or flywheel are required for installation.
The Ultra-Lite Pedestal Mount Tachometer is a competition favorite, featuring an easy to read silver dial with high-contrast orange pointer, perimeter incandescent lighting with red and green bulb covers, and silver anodized bezel. It’s available with 0-10,000 RPM dial in a 5” gauge housing for gas engines and with a 0-5000 RPM dial in a 2 5/8” gauge housing for diesel engines. The gas engine tach features a user selectable shift light and operates on 4, 6, and 8-cylinder engines with points, electronic ignition, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions. The diesel engine tach uses a small inductive probe that straps to the alternator and requires calibration using specialized test equipment (not included). The Z-Series tach has an understated look that makes this gauge a perfect choice for low-key instrumentation. It features a black dial with contrasting orange pointer, perimeter incandescent lighting with red and green bulb covers, and black bezel in a 2 5/8” gauge housing. It’s available with a 0-4000 RPM dial for low revving gas engines and a 0-8000 RPM dial for high revving screamers, and it operates on 4, 6, and 8-cylinder engines with points, electronic ignition, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions. The diesel engine tach features a 0-5000 RPM dial, uses a small inductive probe that straps to the alternator, and requires calibration using specialized test equipment (not included).
Each Pedestal Mount Tachometer is so versatile and durable that it can be mounted in every conceivable position, and each one includes Auto Meter’s trademarked aluminum and rubber shock strap design, for the best vibration protection available. The Pedestal Mount Tachometer comes with mounting and wiring instructions and it’s backed by a limited 1-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.138.04 485.75
Brand: Auto Meter Part Numbers:
Auto Meter® is the leading manufacturer of automotive instrumentation and electronics. The company manufacturers instruments for displaying everything that’s possible to measure on a vehicle, including specialized gauges, shift lights and warning lights for all types of racing, where they are the dominant brand. Founded in 1957 by electronic instrumentation pioneer Vern Westberg, today the company is a division of the Harbour Group. Besides manufacturing performance and racing instrumentation and electronics for the automotive aftermarket, Auto Meter also has an OEM division that makes instrumentation for production vehicles, a Pro-Cycle division that produces instrumentation for motorcycles, a Marine division that creates instrumentation for watercraft, and a Test Equipment division that manufactures a complete line of equipment for testing, charging and maintaining batteries, and testing the vehicle charging system. Headquartered in Sycamore, Illinois, where it has a 45,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant, Auto Meter also has 125,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing plant space in Utah, where its OEM and Test Equipment divisions are located. The company has 500 employees, all devoted to providing the performance enthusiast and racer with the information they need.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)