- Accurately monitors engine air/fuel ratio
- Available in wideband and narrowband versions
- Narrowband gauge works with most factory O2 sensors
- Wideband gauge includes 0.1 AFR resolution Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor for optimal accuracy; requires no free air calibration
- Wideband gauge is Ideal for tuning and data logging
- Wideband gauge compatible with EFI and carbureted engines
- Wideband gauge has programmable 0-4V output for data acquisition or fuel management/ECU systems
- Wideband gauge available in analog, Street, and Pro versions
- Analog gauge has 8:1-18:1 AFR range display and manual brightness adjustment
- Street gauge has 10:1-17:1 AFR digital and LED radial display with 16 radial bar graph segments and manual brightness adjustment
- Pro gauge has programmable AFR digital and LED radial display with 30 radial bar graph segments and automatic brightness adjustment
- Narrowband gauge displays AFR on a 20 segment LED bar graph with red, yellow, and green segments that indicate lean, stoichiometric, and rich
- Available in 2 1/16” and 2 5/8” gauge housings in popular Auto Meter gauge styles
- Includes wiring, stainless steel sensor mounting bung, and instructions
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
Air and fuel must enter your engine’s cylinders in the correct ratio for optimal combustion, to make the most power. A mixture with too much fuel (a lower number on the gauge) is “rich”, which while safe for the engine, usually doesn’t enable it to make the most power. A mixture with too much air (a higher number on the gauge) is “lean”. A leaner mixture usually makes more power, but a mixture that is too lean can cause detonation and expensive engine damage. To know your engine’s AFR, you need an Auto Meter Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge, available for both factory narrowband O2 sensors and wideband sensors. The narrowband sensor displays AFR on a 20 segment LED bar graph with red, yellow, and green segments that indicate lean, stoichiometric, and rich. Because of the nature of narrowband O2 sensor operation, will bounce back and forth rapidly when at the stoichiometric AFR.
The wideband Auto Meter Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge will accurately display the AFR in real time, so you can tune your engine to make the most power safely, and it includes a 0-4V output so you can use the AFR data with data acquisition and engine management/ECU systems. For optimal accuracy, a 0.1 AFR resolution Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband sensor is used. This sensor has an integrated calibration chip, which eliminates the need for free air calibration.
The wideband AFR gauge can be used with both EFI and carbureted engines, and it’s available in 3 versions: an analog gauge with an 8:1-18:1 AFR range display, a Street version with 10:1-17:1 AFR digital and LED radial display with 16 radial bar graph segments, and a Pro version with programmable AFR digital and LED radial display with 30 radial bar graph segments. Gauge brightness can be manually adjusted on the analog and Street gauges; the Pro gauge includes a photo cell for automatic brightness control. The Street and Pro digital gauges have an LED radial bar graph at the perimeter of the gauge with amber, red, and green LEDs. These illuminate amber when the AFR is in the rich range, red when the AFR is in the lean range, and green when the AFR is in the optimal, stoichiometric range.
In addition to the above, the Pro gauge can also display either AFR or Lambda values, and has WOT leanest mixture recall, programmable lean condition alarm, and adjustable stoichiometric point for use with alternative fuel types like ethanol, methanol, propane, and CNG (Compressed Natural Gas).
Each gauge is available in popular Auto Meter gauge styles so you can match your other Auto Meter gauges, in 2 1/16” and 2 5/8” gauge housings. All wideband gauges include sensor, wiring, stainless steel sensor mounting bung, and comprehensive, illustrated instructions. The Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge is backed by a limited 1-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.211.29Brand: Auto Meter Part Number: 5879 UPC: 046074058790 This part is compatible with 29 vehicle(s)
Auto Meter® is the leading manufacturer of automotive instrumentation and electronics. The company manufacturers instruments for displaying everything that’s possible to measure on a vehicle, including specialized gauges, shift lights and warning lights for all types of racing, where they are the dominant brand. Founded in 1957 by electronic instrumentation pioneer Vern Westberg, today the company is a division of the Harbour Group. Besides manufacturing performance and racing instrumentation and electronics for the automotive aftermarket, Auto Meter also has an OEM division that makes instrumentation for production vehicles, a Pro-Cycle division that produces instrumentation for motorcycles, a Marine division that creates instrumentation for watercraft, and a Test Equipment division that manufactures a complete line of equipment for testing, charging and maintaining batteries, and testing the vehicle charging system. Headquartered in Sycamore, Illinois, where it has a 45,000 sq. ft. manufacturing plant, Auto Meter also has 125,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing plant space in Utah, where its OEM and Test Equipment divisions are located. The company has 500 employees, all devoted to providing the performance enthusiast and racer with the information they need.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)