TORQ THRUST II 1 PC Polished Hot Rod Series wheels by American Racing®. Torq Thrust was the wheel that created the custom wheel market. It is the wheel that all owners of the original American Muscle and Sports car desired. And it is still here, but in refined design and modern surface treatments. There is nothing like the American Racing Hot Rod Series Torq Thrust wheels when it comes getting classic American power to the pavement.
American Racing is the original custom wheel company. Some say the aftermarket for light alloy wheels was created by the success of the American Racing Torq Thrust wheel. This wheel started its career on the drag strip, but soon found its way to the muscle street cars that came onto the roads in the first half of the 1960s. The Torq Thrust was designed with "tapered parabolic contour", as opposed to a semi-solid modular design, to increase brake cooling and make the wheel lighter. It has been developed over the years to accommodate disc brakes and new hub designs, but the basic style has not change. It was perfected from the very beginning.
The designs of American Racing are still being produced today, serving the market with wheels that fit American muscle and sports cars of both today and yesterday. The spoke styles of the original Torq Thrust wheels – the pointed, the round, the D-style and the daisy style of the 200S – are still with us, and there is no better way to give your vehicle true American Muscle or Sports Car character than fitting a set of American Racing Torq Thrust wheels.
- Classic Style Custom Performance Wheels
- Cast 1-Piece Construction
- Heat Treated Low-Pressure Casting in Aerospace Grade T-6061 Aluminum
- Compatible with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Lug Bolts/Nuts Provided with Wheels as per Fitment
- Center Caps Provided with Wheels as per Fitment
- Tested to Meet and Exceed SAE and VIA/JWL standards
- Lifetime Warranty on Wheel Structure
- Lip size may vary depending on the size of the wheel
- All wheels are custom made and are therefore not returnable
- Wheel orders cannot be cancelled after the manufacturing process has begun (usually 24 to 48 hours after order is placed)
If you are looking for truly classic custom wheels, there is no place better to go than to American Racing®, the company that invented the custom wheel! American Racing Equipment Inc. was started in 1956 by drag racer Romeo Palimedes, making magnesium rear wheels for dragsters. Their first custom wheels for road cars were introduced in the beginning of the 1960s, with the Torque Thrust, introduced in 1963 considered to be the wheel that created the custom wheel market. The Torque Thrust is one of the most copied wheels ever. American Racing is still producing the wheel, adapted to modern car hubs. American Racing has maintained its pioneering spirit all through the years, and is still leading in the segments of the custom wheel market serving racing and classic car enthusiasts. Muscle cars and American sports car, especially Corvettes, just don’t look right with wheels from brands lacking the heritage of American Racing. American Racing designs and engineering features have stood the test of time. The company is confidently rolling into the future on traditional, contemporary and futuristic wheels, all carrying decades of experience, expertise and tradition. The American Racing product line is characterized by design elements borrowed from racing and by competitive strength-to-weight ratios. The wheels come in staggered fitments, modern finishes and in both classic and contemporary sizes.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
- There is a high risk of damage when transferring TPMS from your factory wheels to your new aftermarket wheels
- Conveniently receive a fully functional and assembled wheel & tire package without having to do any extra work or incur further costs
- Always have an extra set. Enjoy the convenience of quickly switching between your factory and custom wheels for Snow or Racing
- We have state of the art equipment to "scratch-less" mount and "road force" balance any size wheel and tire that most local shops cannot
- Oro-Tek has been engineering and manufacturing premium quality sensors since the beginning of TPMS
- Save money on installation since we install TPMS sensors at no charge
- Save money on shipping since shipping wheels and tires separately costs substantially more
- Save money on assembly since we mount and balance at no charge