A cracked, torn or defective hose, gasket, O-ring or any other part that allows air to enter the intake air stream after the air filter and MAF sensor can cause poor driveability and possible harm to the engine. Any air that does not go through the air filter can carry dirt into the engine and cause unnecessary wear and damage. Air entering the engine unaccounted for by the MAF sensor will create a lean air/fuel mixture, which will in turn cause a rough idle and poor performance. A defective sensor will not be able to provide accurate data to the engine control computer, causing driveability problems, and most likely a trouble code and CHECK ENGINE light.
Unlike some suppliers that only concentrate on the big high profit parts, we have everything you need to complete the job, no matter how small. We work on our own cars and we know how important even the most insignificant parts are to a successful repair. Any system is only as good as the sum of its parts, and the most complex systems can fail for want of a minor gasket or O-ring. When you’re repairing your air intake system, you can depend on us to have what you need to get your car or truck back on the road.
The air intake system provides a constant supply of clean air that is so critical for the efficient combustion that enables plenty of power for acceleration, fuel economy, and minimal emissions. It begins at the entrance to the air filter box and ends at the cylinder head intake ports. Everything in between must be in proper working order to prevent air leaks that can allow unfiltered air into the engine and cause a lean air/fuel mixture with concurrent driveability problems.
- Dorman® Air Intake Hose$12.97 - $79.19
- Dorman® Turbo to Intercooler Adaptor Hose$20.95 - $41.06
- MOPAR® Air Intake Hose$18.60 - $399.28
- Fel-Pro® Air Cleaner Mounting Gasket$1.75 - $12.39
- Omix-Ada® Engine Mount$1.16 - $121.34
- Omix-Ada® Intake Valve$1.16 - $121.34
- Victor Reinz® Air Cleaner Mounting Gasket$1.59 - $3.13
The major components of the system like the air filter, Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, and intake manifold are familiar, as are the problems that can occur if they are faulty. A dirty air filter can restrict air flow and reduce performance and fuel mileage; a defective MAF sensor can cause hard starting, stalling, hesitation, and rough idle; while a cracked, warped, or otherwise damaged intake manifold can create air leaks that can cause rough idle and poor performance. But the small parts of the system are no less important, because malfunctions with these elements can cause similar difficulties.
- (12,868)Air Filter BoxesAir Cleaners, Housing Hardware
- (9,982)MAF SensorsMAF Meters, Relays & Connectors
- (55,583)Air FiltersExact fit air filters
- (1,961)Vacuum PumpsVacuum Switches & Connectors
- (35,037)Intake ManifoldsManifold Covers, Gaskets & Bolts
- (17,273)Throttle BodiesThrottle Body Kits & Components
- (58,079)Air FiltersK&N, AEM, aFe, Airaid
Miscellaneous Air Intake Parts Reviews
2001 BMW 7-Series