Series 2 Plug & Play Engine Management System by AEM®. This Series 2 Programmable Engine Management System is more powerful than its predecessor. In addition to more robust hardware, there are several improvements over the original EMS, noted in the chart below. Like its predecessor, AEM's Series 2 Plug and Play EMS plugs directly into a vehicle's factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring or hardware.
- Plugs directly into the factory harness. No rewiring necessary
- Uses all the factory sensors
- Includes start up calibrations
- System is fully enabled and unlocked - Never pay for upgrades
- Context sensitive help eases tuning process
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing
- Up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers
- Up to 8 direct-fire coil outputs
- Up to 16 general-purpose outputs
- Tune using new USB communication port or serial port
- Works with all AEM gauges
Windows™ compatible software (XP, Vista, Windows7) makes the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. AEM new AEMTUNER software is infinitely adjustable software and allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
John Concialdi and Bob Sullivan co founded AEM in 1987 as a tuning performance shop in Compton California. Both men had extensive technical backgrounds in engines and engine airflow, and in a short time AEM became the go-to company for performance modifications. By 1993, when the company relocated to Gardena California, it had become commonplace to see cars wearing the bright yellow AEM logo winning races. AEM tirelessly dyno tested and worked closely with racers and auto manufacturers in an effort to understand intake energy dynamics. This resulted in the sale of their first air intake kit in 1994. AEM can boast a number of firsts and unique products: They’re the first manufacturer to make an intake system with specific tube lengths and diameters to take advantage of pressure waves in the inlet tract; they developed the first dual chamber intake kit; they designed an air bypass valve to prevent hydro-lock should the air filter ingest water; and they created one of the first hybrid intake systems for modified cars. AEM continues to create innovative products to help you get more power from your car.