Universal TRU-BOOST Controller Gauge (30-4350) by AEM®. The TRU-BOOST is a boost pressure indicator and standalone boost controller in one standard size 2 1/16” (52mm) gauge. It features a 3-digit LED readout with 24 sweeping multi-color LEDs, 2 programming buttons, and an on-board pressure sensor. No external interface is required for programming. The complete kit includes harness, boost hose, on-board 29PSIg pressure sensor, boost solenoid, gauge display, all necessary fittings and detailed instructions. Also includes interchangeable black and white bezel, black and silver pin guide, and black and white face plate to customize display.
Fitment Notes: Legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway.
- Combines boost monitoring and control in one easy-to-use gauge interface
- Fully functional right out of the box; no external interface required for set-up
- Includes everything needed: harness, boost hose, on-board 29PSIg pressure sensor, boost solenoid, gauge display, all necessary fittings and detailed instructions
- Also includes interchangeable black and white bezel, black and silver pin guide, and black and white face plate to customize display
- 9 user adjustable programming options via 2 programming buttons on gauge face
- Display can be configured to read PSIg, BAR or Kpg
- Sweeping LED lights can be set for full scale
- Boost solenoid duty cycle can be adjusted to change boost setting
- 2 selectable A and B boost settings
- Scramble boost allows user to momentarily change boost solenoid duty cycle to raise or lower boost
- Scramble boost duration can be set by user
- Wastegate spring pressure value can be changed to reduce boost spikes or turbo spool up time
- User selectable overboost alarm
- Optional external 75 PSIa pressure sensor for high boost applications (sold separately)
- Limited 1-year warranty
You would expect a boost controller and boost pressure gauge to be 2 separate units, and you’d also expect to need an external interface for set-up. But AEM routinely exceeds expectations and they’ve done so again with the TRU-BOOST Gauge-Type Controller. The TRU-BOOST is an electronic boost controller that combines the simplicity of a manual boost controller with the added ease of adjusting boost levels through a gauge interface. It fits where any standard size 2 1/16” (52mm) gauge fits, needs no external interface for set-up, and is fully functional right out of the box. There are no gimmicks or special software programs required. If you want more boost, press the button on the right side of the gauge face, and if you want less boost press the button on the left; it’s that simple.
The TRU-BOOST has 9 user adjustable options that can all be enabled using just the 2 buttons on the gauge face. The units of display can be set to read in PSI, BAR, and KPA, and the maximum scale value of the sweeping LED display can be set. The LEDs light up in 24 increments. The boost solenoid duty cycle, which controls the level of boost, can be adjusted for 2 user selected settings, A and B. Scramble boost is basically a boost C setting, and allows the boost level to be momentarily raised or lowered. The duty cycle for this setting, and the duration of the Scramble boost event, can both be adjusted. Scramble boost is activated by grounding the orange wire in the harness using a switch (not included).
The TRU-BOOST comes with an internal sensor for boost levels up to 29psig. An optional external 75psia sensor is available for reading boost levels up to 50psig, and the sensor used by the TRU-BOOST is user selectable. A wastegate spring pressure value can be selected and the TRU-BOOST will keep the boost solenoid open from 1psi until boost exceeds the selected value. This value can be adjusted to reduce lead in boost spikes or reduce turbo spool up time. An overboost alarm can be set with 2 timed shutdown levels at 10% and 20% overboost. The user can select the boost pressure at which the alarm will activate. When the alarm is activated, the LED lights will flash yellow, and the gray warning light output wire in the harness will be grounded. This wire can be connected to a warning light (not included).338.33Brand: AEM Part Number: 30-4350 UPC: 840879016371
John Concialdi and Bob Sullivan co founded AEM in 1987 as a tuning performance shop in Compton California. Both men had extensive technical backgrounds in engines and engine airflow, and in a short time AEM became the go-to company for performance modifications. By 1993, when the company relocated to Gardena California, it had become commonplace to see cars wearing the bright yellow AEM logo winning races. AEM tirelessly dyno tested and worked closely with racers and auto manufacturers in an effort to understand intake energy dynamics. This resulted in the sale of their first air intake kit in 1994. AEM can boast a number of firsts and unique products: They’re the first manufacturer to make an intake system with specific tube lengths and diameters to take advantage of pressure waves in the inlet tract; they developed the first dual chamber intake kit; they designed an air bypass valve to prevent hydro-lock should the air filter ingest water; and they created one of the first hybrid intake systems for modified cars. AEM continues to create innovative products to help you get more power from your car.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)