Acura is a make that stirs mixed reactions among car owners. But if there is one model that everyone seems to love, it is the RSX. One of the most thrilling performance sports cars to drive, the Acura RSX has won numerous awards for best car and best mechanics. It no doubt brings pride and joy to the owners and should make you glad you bought it because it does not disappoint, except for the shrieking sound from the rear you are likely to hear after a while if you are keen enough. If you are worried about what to do with the exhaust system that seems to develop a new drone with every new day - something that happens after a while – consider buying a new exhaust system. It is guaranteed to maintain the RSX’s unwavering performance, and the aggressive sound it bellows out screams power.
But it is important to only buy an aftermarket exhaust system from a reliable brand. Thankfully, the industry is an open one and you can easily identify all the top brands. Big names like Borla, Flowmaster, RBP, Magnaflow, Zunden, and Onki stand out for their proven quality and worth; you will be safe with these. Where to buy them? From authorized dealer, CARiD. With years of experience selling auto parts and a steady number of loyal customers looking up to them, CARiD has made a path for itself and remains one of the most reliable sources of auto parts. They deal with branded aftermarket parts only, and have different models of 2002-2006 exhaust systems for the Acura RSX. There are additional benefits you stand to gain when you install a new RSX exhaust system. It will increase exhaust flow several times over so that there is no build up of gases nor do they keep flowing back to the engine for lack of a way out. As a result, your engine will sound so much better and will be able to produce more power than before. Do not allow your RSX engine to choke under a worn out exhaust system. Get a new one from CARiD and get more from your Acura.
- Flowmaster® Pipe KitUniversal Scavenger X-Pipe Kit by Flowmaster®. The Patented D-Port design of the Scavenger X-Pipe Kit creates a low-pressure area where the exhaust pulse from one pipe helps pull the next exhaust pulse from the other pipe out of...$71.08 - $373.93
- MagnaFlow® Street Series Exhaust SystemStreet Series Exhaust System by MagnaFlow®. The Street Series is designed for customers seeking increased performance and better economy, combined with a powerful and well tuned exhaust note, making a real statement within legal...Moderate SoundDelivers More Horsepower$378.87 - $3,904.65
- MagnaFlow® Exhaust SystemsExhaust Systems by MagnaFlow®. Muffler Sound: MODERATE. 4" Tubing. These premium line exhaust systems for diesels with particulate filters include mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, 100% stainless steel mufflers, optional muffler...Built In Stainless Steel For DurabilityTuned, Powerful Exhaust Sound$202.60 - $3,904.65
- Borla® Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemStainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla®. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust tubes are custom tuned to...Throatier Exhaust NoteHorsepower and Torque Increased by 7 – 10%$315.99 - $3,535.99
- Borla® Touring™ Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemTouring™ Stainless Steel Exhaust System by Borla®, MILD GROWL SOUND. When you want the best performing, best sounding, and highest quality exhaust system, you want Borla. Borla straight-through mufflers and mandrel-bent exhaust...$315.99 - $1,833.99
- Borla® Exhaust SystemExhaust System by Borla®. This unique system allows you to adjust your level of sound and power, from quiet and restrictive to louder and free flowing. It features a patented Borla straight-through muffler and mandrel bent pipes...A selection of block-off plates allows you to adjust exhaust flowPlate with larger hole for increased power and a more aggressive exhaust note$315.99 - $3,340.99
- HKS® Hi-Power Series 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust SystemHi-Power Series 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System by HKS®. Professionally developed with a racer in mind, this HKS exhaust system provides an easy opportunity to upgrade both the horsepower and sound of your precious vehicle. Made...Upgrades both the horsepower and sound of your vehicleMade from premium quality materials$363.44 - $1,197.70
- Skunk2® MegaPower Exhaust SystemMegaPower Exhaust System by Skunk2®. This MegaPower cat-back exhaust system delivers maximum performance and ultimate sound at an affordable price. Dyno-proven for maximum horsepower, it is manufactured from high-quality T-304...Designed for maximum performanceGenerates more horsepower by optimizing engine airflow$497.99 - $674.99
- DC Sports® 304 SS Exhaust SystemPolished 304 SS Exhaust System by DC Sports®. Exhaust Type: Cat-Back. (Dual Canister). DC Sports race-inspired Dual Canister systems are available for V6 and select four-cylinder application. Dual Canister systems feature twin...$273.06 - $710.53
- Spec-D® N1 Style 304 SS Exhaust SystemN1 Style 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System with Tip by Spec-D®. Exhaust Type: Cat-Back. Main Piping Diameter: 3". Exhaust Pipe Material: Stainless Steel. Series: N1 Style. Main Piping Diameter: 3". Make whatever you drive run and...Made of high quality T-304 stainless steelMaximum performance which increases up to 15 horsepower$133.50 - $623.00
- APEXi® NOIR Mild Steel Exhaust SystemNOIR Exhaust System by APEXi®. Tubing Diameter: 2.55". Includes: NOIR Muffler, Piping, and all necessary hardware. The NOIR Muffler was developed specifically with the diehard street car enthusiast in mind. The NOIR Muffler is...Muffler is based on the "Original" WS (World Sport) Muffler Canister and TipFinished with an ALL Matte-Black Color Powdercoat from Piping - to - Tip$521.93 - $645.63
- APEXi® WS2 Mild Steel Exhaust SystemWS2 Mild Cat-Back Exhaust System by APEXi®. Tubing Diameter: 2.55". Exhaust Material: Stainless Steel. The WS Exhaust series is the A'PEX answer to the ultimate street muffler system with all around performance. The canister is...Designed to boost your vehicle's performanceProvides excellent low and mid range power without excessive noise$378.53 - $1,076.84
- APEXi® N1 Mild Steel Exhaust SystemN1 Mild Steel Cat Back Exhaust System by APEXi®. Tubing Diameter: 2.75". Exhaust Material: Stainless Steel. The N1 series muffler has become a staple of the import tuning industry. The N1 was the first of its kind to incorporate...Muffler is based on the "Original" WS (World Sport) Muffler Canister and TipIdeal for the daily driver car of an enthusiast$395.21 - $948.75
- Invidia® N1 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust SystemN1 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System with 304 SS Tip by Invidia®. Piping Diameter: 2.36" (60 mm). Tip Outlet Diameter: 3.98" (101 mm). Material: Stainless Steel. For a good balance of price and performance, Invidia offers the...Made to boost the performance of your vehicleExpertly crafted from premium materials$385.70 - $1,659.00
- Invidia® Q300 Stainless Steel Exhaust SystemQ300 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System by Invidia®. Piping Diameter: 2.99" (76 mm). Tip Outlet Diameter: 4.33" (110 mm). Material: Stainless Steel. The flat bottom shaped muffler design results in improved high speed...SUS304 polished stainless steel pipingMandrel bent to shape$482.30 - $1,134.00
Guides & Articles
- Performance Exhaust SystemsHere's A "Tip": Exhaust Tips Are An Easy Way To Dress Up Your TailpipePerformance exhaust systems give you improvements in power output, sound levels, and appearance, all in one package. But let's face it: not everyone has the spare change to buy and bolt up one of these kits. So you soldier on with what you have. And that may be a tired-looking exhaust system that is still functional. You've spent all day washing and waxing the vehicle's paint and chrome to perfection, but no degree of elbow grease will make that tailpipe look better.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre Headers Worth The Performance Improvement?Engines have often been compared to air pumps, because the engine that’s most efficient in terms of economy and power is the one that can get air in and out of its cylinders the easiest. That’s why most performance modifications like conical air filters, cold air intake systems, headers, and cat-back exhaust systems are aimed at making the intake and exhaust systems less restrictive. These parts increase the flow of air into the engine and ease the flow of exhaust gas out of the engine. Among these components, headers may be the most difficult to install. In this article, we’ll discuss what headers do, their different types, and how much performance they can add to your car.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsAre X-pipes and H-pipes Better Than Straight Pipes on Dual Exhaust Systems?You may be wondering why so many aftermarket performance exhaust system manufacturers are offering dual exhaust systems connected by "H-pipe" or "X-pipe" sections. After all, aren't two separate pipes, or so-called "true duals", the best for performance? The answer is no, but to understand why we have to examine how a typical internal combustion engine works.
- Performance Exhaust SystemsPower, Sound, Looks | Can I Have It All With a Cat-Back Exhaust System?It's an age-old question that many have asked. Will an aftermarket exhaust be worth the expense? While they definitely can be, an important question to ask yourself is do you care more about the deeper sound they’re designed to produce, or the added performance gained from being less restrictive? As car enthusiasts, we’ve become accustomed to associating the sound of a car with its exhaust. After all, doesn’t everyone have a childhood memory or two of a car and the particular sound it made?
- Bed AccessoriesPickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important When Selecting AccessoriesAmericans love to have choices. Buying a dress shirt? Decide solid or stripe, short or long sleeve, cotton or poly blend, button or spread collar, regular fit, slim fit, or big & tall. How about a meal at your favorite steak house? Will it be porterhouse, T-bone, or sirloin? Cooked rare, medium-rare, or medium? With baked, mashed, or French fried potatoes? Thirsty for a fancy cup of coffee? Let's not even get started on options that let you end up with a "grande caramel macchiato with 1% low-fat milk, 2 Splendas, and an extra espresso shot".
- Replacement Exhaust PartsDirect Fit vs. Universal MufflersRegardless of whether you're shopping for a simple replacement muffler that delivers original equipment (OE) sound and performance or an upgraded muffler which provides a deeper growl with increased power through freer exhaust flow, you'll see choices between "direct fit" mufflers and "universal" mufflers. In this article, we'll help you understand the differences between these two styles so you can make a more informed purchase.
- Centric® C-Tek™ Standard Plain Brake Rotor$17.00 - $29.07
- KSport® ProComp Cross Drilled Brake Kit$1,472.50 - $3,490.00
Acura RSX Performance Exhaust Systems Reviews
2002 Acura RSX