Do you want to reduce the period of time your vehicle needs to stop and also make your brake system function more effectively? It isn't hard to do if you know the way this system operates. Nowadays the most common brakes are the disc ones. They are a lot like the brakes on any bicycle. The bicycle brake system has a caliper that squeezes the brake pads against the wheel. The process is the same when a brake disc of your vehicle functions. The difference is that brake pads squeeze the rotor instead of the wheel.
Any brake system wears out because of the constant influence of the friction. Moreover, high temperature and dust shorten the life of your brakes. We offer you dimpled and slotted rotors in order to cool your discs in a better way and keep the dust away. Moreover, our team stockpiled the most extensive collection of brake pads. If you want to replace all parts of your brake system, you can purchase the finest brake kit on our website. Finally, we handpicked the most comprehensive catalog of brakes and brake parts for virtually all car makes and models including the Acura EL. So, whatever type of EL brakes you are looking for, you won't find a better selection than the one we offer you.
- EBC® Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake PadsRedstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads by EBC®. This set of replacement ceramic brake pads offers OEM quality fit and operation with the superior stopping power, longer life, reduced brake fade, and lower dust buildup that ceramic...Superior ceramic pad compounds resist heat buildup, dust, and squealingCeramic pad compounds wear slower and last longer than OEM equipment$47.53 - $180.42
- Chrome Brakes® Drilled and Slotted Brake RotorsDrilled and Slotted Brake Rotors by Chrome Brakes®. This is a set of OEM-sized replacement rotors with slots and drilled holes that provide the superior level of cooling needed for high performance street driving, trailer towing,...Sized to match OEM dimensions while providing superior braking performance and better looksAvailable in sets for front and rear$102.19 - $765.19
- EBC® 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Brake Rotors3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Brake Rotors by EBC®. These replacement rotors feature both slots and drilled dimples to provide the superior level of cooling needed for high performance street driving, trailer towing, 4x4...EBC recommends use with Greenstuff 6000/7000, Yellowstuff, and Redstuff padsAngled slots on rotor surfaces allow superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases$66.28 - $3,241.61
- Wilwood® Street Performance Drilled and Slotted Brake KitStreet Performance Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit by Wilwood®. With this kit, you will significantly improve your braking performance. Suitable for all types of custom show and high performance street/strip vehicles this kit is a...Includes: Brake Rotors, Calipers, Brake Pads, Installation HardwareCross-Drill and face slot pattern$509.99 - $2,469.95
- Power Stop® Track Day Brake PadsTrack Day Carbon Fiber Metallic Compound Brake Pads by Power Stop®. The ideal pads for the track day enthusiasts who take their vehicle to the track on the weekend and require better braking performance.Carbon fiber metallic compoundRight friction for your specific platform to optimize a day at the track$77.24 - $172.45
- EBC® Stage 4 Signature Slotted Brake KitStage 4 Signature Slotted Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors and Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pads. Get increased power with less brake dust no matter what you drive with the EBC Stage 4 Signature Brake...Created to be the lowest noise brake rotors designed for performance applicationsAngled slots on rotor surfaces allow superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases$149.27 - $2,989.89
- EBC® Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake PadsGreenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake Pads by EBC®. This set of replacement brake pads is engineered for optimum performance on lighter, less powerful vehicles that do not typically travel at triple-digit speeds. Get the fit and...$36.65 - $172.73
- Power Stop® Z23 Evolution Sport Performance Brake PadsZ23 Evolution Sport Performance Carbon Fiber Infused Ceramic Brake Pads by Power Stop®. Brake Pad Clips Included. Power Stop’s Evolution carbon-ceramic pad formula uses OE positive mold technology to ensure a uniform friction...Carbon Fiber infused Evolution ceramic formula for superior braking powerThe pad surfaces are thermal scorched for a fast break-in$35.15 - $110.00
- Akebono® Performance™ Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake PadsPerformance™ Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads by Akebono®. These pads are specifically designed for drivers who push a vehicle to its limit and expect exceptional performance. Installed on a high-performance car, light truck,...$48.18 - $95.45
- StopTech® Sport Performance Brake PadsSport Performance Brake Pads by StopTech®. StopTech Sport Performance brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving while maintaining the refinement and comfort expected in everyday driving conditions....Formerly known as Street Performance PadsHigh MOT to Eliminate Fade$36.28 - $157.45
- Power Stop® Z26 Extreme Street Performance Brake PadsZ26 Extreme Street Performance Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads by Power Stop®. Brake Pad Clips Included. These Pads are for drivers drive high-performance cars on the street. If you demand shorter stopping distances under any...Carbon Fiber infused Evolution ceramic formula for superior braking powerThe pad surfaces are thermal scorched for a fast break-in$46.93 - $171.86
- EBC® Stage 12 Plain Brake KitStage 12 Plain Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: RK Series rotors and Redstuff brake pads. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 12 Sport Brake Kit is designed to increase your...Kit includes Redstuff ceramic brake padsSized and shaped to original equipment specifications with extremely tight tolerances$101.81 - $904.61
- Power Stop® Performance Disc Brake CalipersPerformance Disc Brake Calipers by Power Stop®. These brake calipers are designed specifically for those who are looking for superior stopping power. The caliper and the bracket are remanufactured and treated to a high-temperature...Electrostatic high-heat powder coated for corrosion protection and long lifespanDirect replacement$73.12 - $570.18
- EBC® Stage 13 Plain Brake KitStage 13 Plain Brake Kit by EBC®. Includes: RK Series rotors and Yellowstuff brake pads. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 13 Sport Brake Kit is designed to increase your...Sized and shaped to original equipment specifications with extremely tight tolerancesDesigned to meet or reduce factory levels of heat buildup, brake noise, vibration, and wear$100.58 - $924.02
- EBC® USR Series Sport Slotted Brake RotorsUSR Series Sport Slotted Brake Rotors by EBC®. These replacement brake rotors feature multiple slots in a narrow, more angled pattern to create a quieter running surface with a superior level of cooling. Vented center provides even...Created to be the lowest noise brake rotors designed for performance applicationsRecommended by EBC for use with Greenstuff, Yellowstuff, and Redstuff pads$89.73 - $2,918.92
Guides & Articles
- Caliper CoversHow To Order Customized Brake Caliper CoversIf you've got rims that show off the hardware behind them, brake caliper covers will take the look of your ride to new levels. To read more about their advantages, please be sure to see our article "Caliper Covers vs Caliper Paint". There, we highlight the many options you have among your caliper cover choices.
- Caliper CoversHow To Install Caliper CoversIf you've fitted a set of aftermarket wheels on your car or truck, you've probably noticed how they show off everything behind them in a way your OEM ones simply couldn't. Your factory brake calipers are now suddenly visible to the world, and odds are they do not live up to the high standards of crisp visual appeal your new wheels and tires have set. Or you may have a nice set of factory wheels which expose the brake hardware, and it's a look that you feel could stand some improvement.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsBig Brake Kits Bring The Biggest Stopping PowerHave you thought about upgrading the brakes on your car or truck to performance brakes? You likely have, as most car enthusiasts consider that sooner or later. This desire may be because of your more aggressive driving style, your dissatisfaction with OE brakes, your vehicle being used to tow a trailer, or even your weekend stints at the track.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsWhy is it important to do a brake fluid flush?If you've ever visited an automotive dealership service department, you may have been told that your vehicle needs a brake fluid flush. Or you might have received a coupon mailer offering this service for a discounted price. Maybe you thought it was an attempt on the part of the dealer to separate you from your money for something you don't really need. After all, you have made the effort to learn more about your brakes, and you understand that occasionally, the brake pads and rotors will wear out and need replacing. However, you've never heard of a "brake fluid flush".
- Replacement Brake PartsHow To Replace Disc Brake PadsDisc brakes have been the most common setup on modern vehicles for decades, with just about 100% of today's vehicles using them in the front, and many cars and trucks also equipping the rear with disc brakes. The brake pads are the wear items which will need attention sooner or later; there will be wide variations in brake pad life depending on the vehicle, driver, driving style, etc., but rough estimates are that front pads will need attention every 15,000-30,000 miles, with rear disc pads lasting 50,000-100,000 miles.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsWhich Performance Brake Pads Work Best On My Car?The brake pads which were installed on your car or truck when it was new are "fine" - fine for the average Joe who is driving an unmodified vehicle. But YOU, the auto enthusiast, you know better. You have made various drivetrain mods, or have converted your truck into a towing rig. You've added bigger wheels and tires and now want brakes which won't leave such a mess on the shiny rims. You recognize that you need to improve the "stop" to accompany the "go". The first, and easiest, item to move up to is a set of performance brake pads.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsGlossary of Brake TerminologyWhether you're looking to replace worn brake pads and rotors or delving into more detailed brake repairs or upgrades that involve new calipers, proportioning valves, master cylinders, vacuum boosters, and more, you will come across a lot of different terminology when it comes to brake components. Depending on your knowledge and experience, a lot of these terms may be elementary. However, because many of them use similar words but represent completely different things, we've created this glossary to help you understand exactly what you need, and what you don't.
- Replacement Brake PartsDisc Brakes and Drum Brakes Explained!If you have owned a car or truck for more than a few months, you are undoubtedly aware that your vehicle's brakes occasionally need replacing. Let's face it, we can be hard on our brakes. Highway speeds, stop-and-go traffic, and heavy cargo loads are some of the more significant factors which increase brake wear.
- Replacement Brake PartsSpecial Tools Used In Brake ServiceIn this article, we’ll introduce you to the specific tools designed to be used when replacing brake components and servicing your brake system. Having the right tools BEFORE you start working on your vehicle makes these types of jobs quick, easy, and doable for the home mechanic. It also prevents having to put things back together before the job is finished because a tool needs to be purchased. Owning the right tools and doing the job yourself will save you hundreds of dollars by sparing you a visit to the repair shop – and much more over the course of a lifetime of brake work.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsBest Brake Rotors For Your Driving StyleDisc brake rotors (aka 'rotors') are the actual discs that brake pads clamp onto, creating friction that slows a vehicle. Disc brake rotors bolt on over the axle hub and contain holes that allow wheel mounting bolts to pass through and rotate with the wheels. Since there are many rotor styles and designs specially created for every budget and need, we’ve listed the advantages of each disc brake rotor so that you can make the right choice and get the best for your vehicle. All rotors, except ceramic brake rotors and two-piece rotors with aluminum centers, are typically one piece and crafted from iron for maximum heat absorption.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsIs It Time For New Brakes?Squealing noise upon brake application is actually caused by a high-frequency vibration of metal rotors, drums, or brake pad backing plates. Excess corrosion that forms over time on non-contact, outer perimeter areas of rotors and drums is a prime cause because rust is looser and less dense in nature – therefore, more likely to create resonation.
- Performance Brakes, Pads & RotorsTips To Get The Maximum Life Out Of Your Brake PartsIf you've had to replace brake pads or rotors on modern vehicles, you know how expensive the parts and labor can be. Because extending your brake pad life puts real money back into your pocket, we offer some tips for those who are interested in doing just that. While it's a general rule that brake pads designed with aggressive grip levels and performance driving will result in faster wear, the following suggestions will help you extend your brake life significantly no matter what type of brakes you have on your vehicle.