- Contains twelve 32-ounce bottles of 80w-90 mineral-based gear oil
- “Yellow label” is designed for use in clutch-type limited slip differentials
- Favored by those who run 4-second dragsters, funny cars, and all types of race cars
- Specifically recommended for use by Eaton in their limited slip differentials to maintain warranty coverage
- Suitable for street use as well as on the track
- Contains friction modifiers to eliminate chatter and excessive wear
- Prevents differential binding and lock-up that can be detrimental to transmissions
- Guards against welding, scuffing and scoring that can occur on metal surfaces upon lubrication breakdown
- Increases usable horsepower to the wheels by reducing friction over 50% compared to standard gear oils
- Eliminates the need to use viscosity improvers
- For straight hypoid gearing differentials (including Detroit Locker), use Lakewood Red Label gear oil instead
- Fully approved by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- Manufactured in the United States
If you’re looking for the most proven, extreme-pressure gear lubrication for your clutch type limited slip differential, Lakewood BFL “Yellow Label” gear lube can take the heat of racetrack runs all weekend long, then provide excellent performance that keeps your diff cool on the drive home as well as all year round. It’s formulated with all the friction modifiers you’ll ever need to eliminate chatter, windup, and excess heat, so there’s no need for complex blending with viscosity improvers or other additives – just pour it in and go.
It’s been estimated that Lakewood 80w-90 gear oil increases usable horsepower to the wheels by reducing friction over 50% compared to lesser gear oils. And while BFL’s unique mineral-oil based formulation provides virtually all the same benefits that synthetic oils do, it does it without the high cost, chatter, and resonation whine that synthetics are known for. In fact, Lakewood BFL gear oil is actually favored over synthetic oil by Eaton for use in their posi-rear differentials to maintain warranty coverage. They know that BFL effectively prevents the heat buildup inside the diff case that causes scoring, components welding together, and complete failure. As well, transmissions will benefit because harmful differential binding and lock-up won’t happen.147.31Brand: Lakewood Part Number: 32970 UPC: 084041329702
Founded in Lakewood, Ohio in 1965, Lakewood Industries got its start as a small fabrication shop building beefed up transmission bell housings, ladder bars, traction bars and other suspension braces that were purpose-built to enhance safety and performance on the drag strip while surviving the punishment the way no other products could. As the company’s reputation for building quality products spread, Lakewood grew and became actively involved in championship racing events throughout the United States – becoming the premiere supplier of racing products they are today. Currently, Lakewood is a major supporter of IHRA and UMTR racing events and draws on a wealth of engineering talent from being part of the Prestolite Performance group which includes Accel Ignition, Mr. Gasket, Hays, Mallory Marine, and Prestolite Wire. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on the full range of Lakewood bell housings, coilovers, flex plates, safety shields, spacers, structural braces, lowering kits, driveline products, suspension hardware, and more. All are designed to add responsiveness, chassis balance, control, and stability to improve traction during launch and cornering.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.