- Graceful aerodynamic styling and cutting-edge design combine for the best looking, easiest to mount and load J-Cradle kayak carrier on the market
- Winner of the prestigious 2013 iF product design award in the Transportation Design category
- J-Cradles transport kayak on its side, leaving plenty of room on roof rack for more gear or another kayak
- Premium elastomer padding cushions and protects boat
- Slide out arms provide a larger platform for easy boat loading
- Cradles fold down when not in use to create the most streamlined kayak carrier on the market, and to increase roof clearance
- QuickDock™ technology provides fast, secure rack mounting to Whispbar Flush, Rail, and Through crossbars without the need for tools
- Can also be mounted to other manufacturers' crossbar T-Slots
- SmartFill technology allows fast installation without the need to cut the crossbar fill strip
- Includes adapters to mount to round and square crossbars
- Integrated lock system locks the carrier to the rack with a single key turn
- Comes with premium tie-down straps with padded buckles to secure boat to roof rack
- Comes with bow/stern tie-down ropes with ratcheting pulleys
- Bow/stern ropes include clear plastic tubes to protect bumpers
- Comes with detailed instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
For 60 years the iF (International Forum) has been among the most esteemed international product design awards, and in 2013 the Whispbar WB400 J-Cradle Kayak Carrier was chosen for the award in the Transportation Design category among over 3000 entries. But when you see its sleek styling and take advantage of its innovative features, you won't wonder why.
The WB400 is so stylish you'll want to leave it on your roof rack all the time, and when closed and not in use it's one of the most streamlined carriers on the market. But this kayak carrier is far more than just great looks. Mounting to Whispbar Flush, Through, and Rail crossbars or other manufacturers' T-Slot crossbars couldn't be any simpler with Whispbar's exclusive QuickDock technology. Just open the QuickDock clamp levers and align the T-Bolts on the carrier with the T-Slots in the crossbars. Press down slightly to compress the T-Slot fill strip and close the QuickDock clamp levers to lock the carrier to the crossbars. Thanks to Whispbar's exclusive SmartFill technology, you can install T-slot mounted accessories without having to cut the fill strip. Just install the accessory in the slot over the fill strip, and when it's removed the strip will pop back up, maintaining the bar's smooth aerodynamic appearance. The integrated lock system will lock the carrier to the rack with the turn of a key. Adapters are also included to mount the WB400 to round and square crossbars.
Once the carrier is installed, pull out the slide-out arms from the cradles to make boat leading easier, and once the boat is in place the premium elastomer padding will provide the necessary cushioning and protection. Heavy-duty tie-down straps are supplied to secure the boat to the crossbars. These include padded buckles to protect surfaces from damage, with an easy quarter-turn connect and disconnect feature. Heavy-duty bow/stern tie-down ropes are supplied to secure your boat to the front and rear of your vehicle. These feature ratcheting pulleys to make it easy to apply just the right amount of tension, and clear plastic tubes to protect bumper surfaces from damage.
Comprehensive, illustrated instructions are included with the Whispbar WB400, and it's backed by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.349.00
Brand: Yakima Part Numbers:
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.