Ford F-250 2013-2016, Rear Big Wig by Hellwig®. This is a set of two 2,800-pound air helper springs designed for heavy towing and load hauling applications that add a combined total of 5,600 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to the rear of your vehicle. With a diameter that’s 3” larger and an overall height (14”) that’s taller than typical 2,500 pound air springs, these springs pack a larger volume of air to give you superior ride comfort and stability under heavy loads. Greater spring travel allows better wheel articulation on uneven, non-paved surfaces.
- Set of two 2,800-pound air helper springs designed for heavy towing and load hauling applications
- Adds a combined total of 5,600 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to the rear of your vehicle
- Air springs are 3” larger in diameter and up to 3” taller than typical 2,500 pound air springs
- Larger volume of air produces superior ride comfort and stability under heavy loads
- Air springs can extend up to 14” for better wheel articulation in tight spots during off-roading
- Requires only half the air pressure typical 2,500 pound springs need to level an identical payload
- 100 psi maximum pressure
- Brackets and hardware are crafted from steel strong enough to meet “bulletproof” designation
- Limited lifetime warranty on bracketry, 2-year warranty on other air system components
- Manufactured in the United States
Big Wig Rear Air Springs are purpose-built for vehicles that need to carry additional weight or tow heavy loads. This set of air bags mounts on your vehicle’s rear axle and can be inflated manually or by an on-board air compressor to raise 5,600 pounds back up to proper ride height. Because each of the two 2,800-pound Big Wig air springs is designed with a diameter that’s 3” larger than typical 2,500 pound air springs, they pack a larger volume of air. As a result, Big Wig springs require only half the air pressure to level a similar payload – giving you more cushion for better ride comfort as well as improved stability when the vehicle’s weighed down. Big Wig air springs also feature 14 inches of operating range, which is 3 inches more than most allow. If you’re travelling on unpaved trails, the extended wheel articulation this provides gives you much more stability.
Hellwig’s history began in 1941 with a patent Rudy Hellwig had been granted for an overload spring design he had developed and perfected. Hammering out the springs by hand in a rented blacksmith shop in Kansas, Rudy moved to California after the end of World War II steel rationing made materials more widely available. Founding Hellwig Products in 1946 out of Glendale, California, Rudy began manufacturing springs that restored ride height, stability, and control to trucks and campers weighed down with heavy cargo. Rudy’s philosophy was to build products that exceed a customer’s expectations in both performance and durability, and his business practices of taking care of customers after a sale quickly built the company a positive reputation. After a 1963 Hot Rod Magazine feature showed how effectively Hellwig adjustable stabilizers eliminated handling problems inherent in stock Chevrolet Corvair suspensions, word of the company’s products spread. In the late 1960s, Hellwig expanded and relocated to their current headquarters in Visalia, California. Hellwig remains a family-owned business with a 4th generation actively and passionately involved today, and looks to the future with excitement of developing and refining products for an ever changing market. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of Hellwig helper leaf springs, air springs, sway bars, end links, air compressors, and value-packed upgrade kits designed to enhance vehicle control both on and off the pavement.