Chevy Malibu Sedan with Normal Roof 2008-2012, Slipstream Kayak Rack by Thule®. This premium load assist carrier makes kayak loading and unloading possible for one person, because it supports 50% of the kayak's weight with a sliding roller that extends beyond the back of the vehicle. It's constructed from double-coated corrosion resistant steel for durability and it can carry a kayak up to 36" wide and 75 lbs. The Slipstream fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks.
- Enables one person to easily load and unload a kayak
- Sliding roller that extends out beyond the back of the vehicle supports up to 75 lbs. and 50% of the kayak's weight, for easier loading and unloading
- Carries a kayak up to 36" wide and 75 lbs.
- Pivoting saddles automatically conform to nearly every kayak shape and size for secure transportation
- 4 touchpoints of padded support conform to the hull for added protection
- Includes all straps to transport one kayak
- Up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle
- Double-coated corrosion resistant steel designed for long-term use
- Can be mounted to Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- To protect your vehicle while loading and unloading, we suggest the Thule Waterslide protective pad (sold separately)
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
Consumer research has identified rooftop transport as an obstacle to more people getting involved in the kayaking hobby, because of the physical demands required to lift the kayak to the roof. The Thule Slipstream is an innovative solution to this problem. The Slipstream enables one person to easily load and unload a kayak onto the roof of a vehicle. It features a roller that extends out beyond the back of the vehicle where it can support up to 75 lbs. and 50% of the kayak's weight, making loading and unloading virtually effortless.
The Slipstream can accommodate kayaks up to 36" wide and 75 lbs. Its pivoting saddles automatically conform to nearly every kayak shape and size, and the 4 touchpoints of padded support conform to the hull, for safe, secure and protected transport. The double-coated, corrosion resistant steel construction of the Slipstream ensure long-term durability, so you can expect many years of service. All necessary straps are included for safe transport. The Slipstream can carry one kayak, but up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle. It fits Thule rack systems, round bars, and most factory racks.
The Slipstream Kayak Rack comes with everything necessary for installation, including detailed instructions. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.270.95
Brand: Thule Part Numbers:
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.Thule® - Slipstream Kayak Rack Reviews (2)Customers' rating: 4.5 OF 5APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY(4.5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYSherpa Bag| Posted by Derek B. | 2008 Chevy Tahoe (Oregon, OH)
Very good product, held up well, but to noisy on my roof. I am sending back and purchasing another bag that is longer and will fit on my back luggage carrier.Was this review helpful for you? YesNo
Thule® - Slipstream Kayak Rack Reviews (2)All Thule Roof Racks reviews >>