Chevy Malibu Sedan with Normal Roof 2008-2012, Glide and Set Kayak Carrier by Thule®. For ease of loading and ultimate hull protection, Thule offers this premium saddle combination. It guides and sets the kayak for smooth loading, unloading and transport. The Glide and Set can carry a kayak up to 34" wide and 75 lbs. and it can be loaded by one person. It fits Thule rack systems, round bars, and most factory racks.
- Enables one person to easily load and unload a kayak
- Carries 1 kayak up to 34" wide and 75 lbs.
- Rear mounted Hydro-Glide™ felt lined saddles guide kayak and provide low friction loading and unloading
- Front mounted Set-to-Go™ form fitting adjustable saddles grip the surface of the hull for increased lateral stability and protection
- Integrated rubber pads protect the hull and help hold the kayak in place for transport
- Includes all necessary straps
- Up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle
- To protect your vehicle while loading and unloading, we suggest the Thule Waterslide protective pad (sold separately)
- We suggest carrying your paddle/oar on the roof rack with your kayak with the optional Thule Get-a-Grip Holder (sold separately)
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
When the engineers at Thule created the Glide and Set Kayak Carrier, they designed each pair of saddles according to function. When you're loading, the rear saddles must allow the kayak to slide to the front and be guided so it's centered, so Thule lined these saddles with felt for low friction. Once in the installed position, the front saddles must grip the surface of the kayak's hull. Thule made these saddles adjustable so they conform to the shape of the hull, for increased lateral stability and protection. The integrated rubber pads protect the hull and help hold the kayak in place for transportation.
With the Glide and Set, one person can load and unload a kayak up to 34" wide and 75 lbs. It includes all straps necessary to secure one kayak and each strap features the patented buckle bumper, to protect the surface of the kayak and your vehicle. Up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle. The Glide and Set can be easily mounted to Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks without using any tools.
The Glide and Set Kayak Carrier comes with everything necessary for installation, including detailed instructions. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.179.95
Brand: Thule Part Numbers:
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.Thule® - Glide and Set Kayak Carrier Reviews (2)
Every Customer can leave a review about our service and the product that was purchased. In order to leave your review for your new product, please follow the link in the email you receive after completing your purchase. You can rate appearance, ease of installation, price/value and product quality.Customers' rating: 4.5 OF 5APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY(5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITY(4.5)APPEARANCEEASE OF INSTALLATIONPRICE/VALUEQUALITYSherpa Bag| Posted by Derek B. | 2008 Chevy Tahoe (Oregon, OH)
Very good product, held up well, but to noisy on my roof. I am sending back and purchasing another bag that is longer and will fit on my back luggage carrier.Was this review helpful for you? YesNo
Thule® - Glide and Set Kayak Carrier Reviews (2)All Thule Roof Racks reviews >>