Universal Phantom Door Conversion Kit by Vertical Doors®. Suicide doors are the mark of a serious custom car. The installation of these signature doors is not for the faint of heart; but that’s exactly what makes a pair of properly-installed backwards-opening doors so exotic and desirable. These universal kits make installing a set of suicide doors far easier than ever before.
- Adjustable steel baseplate and flange
- Extruded aircraft-grade aluminum hinge
- Professional installation is required
- Requires modification to door and door frame
- Hinge pivots on precision steel pins set in bronze bushings
- Retains original door and external appearance
- Requires moving door handle and mechanism
- Detent version has a two-step door check that holds the door open, helpful when the vehicle is parked on an incline.
- Made in the USA
- All products are backed with a limited lifetime warranty, while the shocks come with a 30-day warranty
Let the world know that you’re serious about your ride. Sure, modifying your car for rear-hinged suicide doors is a huge commitment, but that’s exactly why the mod is so compelling. The look is unmistakable, and your car will look amazing. Make ingress and egress from the back seat far easier. Stop the crowd at the car show, or just in the parking lot at the mall with suicide doors.
Installation will require major modification to the door and the vehicle, accomplished by an experienced welder, preferably one who has done suicide doors before. Yes, you will need to repaint the door frame and the door, as well as reworking the door handle, latch mechanism and wiring. As we’ve said, it’s a big commitment, but a major upgrade.
The hinge rotates on precision, hardened-steel pivot pins riding in bronze bushings. The detent version has a built-in two-step door check that holds the door open, which is helpful when the vehicle is parked on an incline.817.00 1,233.00
Brand: Vertical Doors Part Numbers:
In business since 2003 Vertical Doors literally owns the patents on their door hinge. Replace your factory door hinge, and make your car as unusual as a Lamborghini. They also have a catalog of hinges, latches and accessories for converting your car to suicide doors. With a facility in Corona, CA where they engineer and manufacture their parts, they also install parts into customer cars on premises. That keeps the installers close to the product design people, and their product the best. By aggressively pursuing patent infringers, who often make an inferior product, Vertical Doors makes sure your conversion will be the best.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)