Chevy Tahoe 2007, Evolution Programmer by Edge®. This hand-held controller unit plugs directly into your vehicle’s OBD II port, and features its own screen and control buttons. Designed specifically for vehicles with gasoline engines to increase power, adjust transmission shift points and monitor a multitude of engine conditions in real time. A fuel economy setting adjusts parameters for maximum gas mileage.
Fitment notes: Legal for Sale in CA and all other states.
- Specifically designed for gasoline engines
- Programs your vehicle’s engine control computer to let you increase power for maximum performance on the street or while towing
- Mounts to driver’s side of windshield with necessary suction cups included
- Offers setting for maximum fuel economy
- Customize operation of your vehicle’s air/fuel mixture, fuel flow, spark timing, throttle sensitivity, and automatic transmission shift points
- Offers a "Track measuring" function which automatically records speeds and times for quarter-mile and zero-to-sixty runs
- Stores your vehicle’s factory software programming for reinstallation at any time
- Displays readouts of your choice in analog or digital format
- Adjust or eliminate factory settings for rpm rev limiter and vehicle speed limiter
- Restores correct instrument readings and drivability when large tires are installed
- Provides detailed diagnostic of all check engine light faults and real-time monitoring of trouble codes
- 50-state emissions legal
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
With the high cost of gas today, it’s worth your while to maximize every drop when you need higher levels of performance or economy for your truck. Not only does the Edge Evolution hand-held tuner do just that, it doubles as a diagnostic scanner to read fault codes and engine running conditions in real time. If you have any pre-existing check engine conditions, the tuner will give you a full diagnosis of why your light is on with no extra cost. You’ll keep more money in your pocket instead of giving it to oil companies and technicians. After plugging into your OBD II port, the Evolution first stores factory settings for air and fuel mixtures, fuel injector flow rates, timing, throttle response speed, automatic transmission shift points and more should you wish to return to OEM specification. Next you can download software specifically created for your vehicle tailored to provide an astonishing increase in horsepower for higher on-road performance or towing. If you like, choose your own preferences for throttle response and transmission shift points. During every day driving, a fuel economy setting maximizes all parameters for improved mileage.
Factory engineers created your vehicle to operate under the extremes of a wide variety of conditions, but ultimately settled on one range of midrange settings to satisfy the everyday driving needs of most vehicle owners. Because those common denominator algorithms do not maximize any specific performance category, the Edge Evolution tuner simply adjusts factory settings to get the most out of your engine’s natural abilities. Vehicle emissions will remain legal in 50 states no matter what setting is selected. If you’ve got large tires on your truck, just let the Evolution know what size they are and it will adjust your speedometer and odometer to read correctly. Because tires with a larger circumference effectively change overall gearing ratio from engine to pavement, the tuner can adjust throttle response and transmission shift points at just the levels and speeds you’ll need in order to reduce sluggishness and improve drivability.
Headquartered in Odgen, Utah, Edge Products was founded in 1999 by engineers that specialized in performance electronics for diesel trucks. Earning a reputation for reliability and proven performance among users, Edge Products greatly expanded their customer base worldwide and has been named three times to Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies. Edge currently offers a variety of OBD II compatible modules, programmers, and monitors for gasoline- and diesel-specific applications. Today, Edge is a subsidiary of the MSD Performance Company, and the resulting affiliation with MSD Ignition, Superchips, and Racepak parts has led to unparalleled engineering expertise, advanced product features, and quality construction techniques. Edge currently has over 100 employees and occupies a 40,000 square foot facility.