Dodge Durango 2006, Class 3 Exposed Black Front Trailer Hitch with Receiver Opening by CURT®. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 5000 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 500 lbs, and the Receiver Tube Opening Size is 2". These receiver hitches allow you to add a hitch receiver to replace the factory bumper ball mount. This means the hitch ball and its ball mount can be removed and stowed when not trailering. It also allows the use of equalizing hitches to transfer excess tongue weight to the front axle of the truck. A hitch receiver is also a handy place to mount a bicycle rack, cargo carrier or other receiver-mounted accessory. A receiver-mounted winch or step are good examples.
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities. Do Not exceed vehicle manufacture's recommended towing capacity
- No drilling required
- Install Time is 30 minutes
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities
- Includes all necessary installation hardware
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Provides a convenient mount for hitch accessories
- Ideal for attaching a snow plow, cargo carrier or other front hitch mount
- Allows for easy maneuvering of a trailer into a tight spot
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
- Weight Carrying Capacity(WC) 5000 LB
- Tongue Weight(TW) 500 LB
- Receiver Tube Size 2"
- Weight 36
If your vehicle already has a factory-mounted hitch receiver, it may not be rated to tow the trailer you’d like to. Bearing in mind the Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) rating of your truck, you may wish to upgrade the OEM receiver with one of higher capacity. Choose between a "hidden" receiver that lurks right under the bumper, or a hitch receiver that sets lower to the ground and allows the use of a ball mount with less drop.
Curt Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993.CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is ‘The First Name in Towing Products’ for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".