Subaru WRX 2002-2007, Regular Locking Fuel Cap by Stant®. Packaged in a Box. These locking caps are specially designed to protect your vehicle from vandalism and fuel theft. They’re made from sturdy, long-life materials and they’re the only aftermarket locking caps to include all the safety features and valving of the original equipment caps.
- Keyed alike versions are available for small fleets or consumers with more than one vehicle
- OE Pressure relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system under normal operating conditions
- OE Vacuum relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system via the fill tube under normal operations
- A “Lost Motion” feature permits the cap handle some freedom to turn while maintaining a seal, which could aid in the prevention of fuel tank leakage during a crash or impact
- A “Breakaway Groove” allows the cap to remain sealed and prevent fuel leakage during a crash or impact, even if some of the cap has broken away
- A “Torque Override” feature aids in the proper installation of the fuel cap. It produces an audible click as the O-ring that seals the cap is properly compressed
If your fuel cap has failed an emissions test, is missing, if the crown is cracked or bent or the seal or gasket is cracked or worn, you need a new one. No matter whether you choose an original style replacement or locking model, when you choose Stant you can be assured that you’re getting a fuel cap that meets all OE performance and safety standards.
Stant fuel caps have an OE pressure relief valve that prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system under normal operating conditions. This allows an escape path for pressure if there is an impact that causes the fuel tank to collapse, and also allows pressure to be released if there is a malfunction in the vapor management system. An OE vacuum relief prevent fuel vapors from escaping from the fill tube during normal operation, allowing an alternate path for air to flow into the tank if there is an obstruction in the vapor recovery or vapor management system. This also allows the air pressure to normalize during natural vacuum situations.
The “Lost Motion” feature allows the cap handle some freedom to turn while maintaining a seal, which could aid in preventing fuel tank leakage during a crash or impact. A “Breakaway Groove” enables the cap to remain sealed, preventing fuel leakage, during a crash or impact, even if some of the cap has broken away. And the “Torque Override” feature produces an audible click as the O-ring that seals the cap is properly compressed, ensuring proper fuel cap installation.15.02Brand: Stant Part Number: 10504
Stant is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel and cooling system products. Founded in Connersville, Indiana by George Stant in 1898, today the company is still based in Connersville, but is now owned by HIG Capital LLC. Stant designs and produces a variety of consumer products including thermostats, radiator and coolant reservoir caps, original equipment style and locking fuel caps, oil fill caps, pressure testers and adapters, and fuel cap testers and adapters. Stant also offers products for heavy-duty vehicles, and farm and construction equipment, and makes parts for vehicle and equipment manufacturers. The company’s extensive background in the research and development of cooling and fuel management systems and expertise in designing steel, molded plastic, and rubber components, along with its ability to build assembly and testing equipment in-house enables Stant to move products seamlessly from concept to production. The majority of Stant consumer products are manufactured in the USA in TS16949/ISO14001 certified facilities.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)