Subaru WRX Sedan 2005-2007, Viper Roof Bike Rack for Naked Roof by Yakima®. The Viper is Yakima's mid-priced fork bike mount rack. It provides all of the stability of a fork bike mount along with features you won't usually find elsewhere at this price; like tool-free installation to round and square crossbars, lockable skewer design (SKS lock core sold separately) with one-handed adjustment, a streamlined tray compatible with most disc brakes, and a ratcheting wheel strap. The Viper can carry most bikes with a standard 100mm x 9mm quick release front hub, and it comes with installation instructions.
- The most bang for your buck in a fork bike mount rack
- Fits round and square crossbars
- Integral mount in head clamps around crossbar
- Rear of tray secured with carriage bolt, snap around mount and hex key
- Ideal for vehicles with short rooflines
- Carries bikes with standard 100mm x 9mm quick release front hub
- 1-2 bikes up to 30 lbs. each can be carried with a crossbar spread of 16" to 42"
- 3 or more bikes up to 40 lbs. each can be carries with a crossbar spread of 18" to 42"
- Compatible with most disc brakes
- V-shaped wheel tray accepts a wide range of wheel and tires sizes
- Bike mounting is simple with lockable skewer
- Lockable skewer with integrated adjustment knob offers single-handed easy access and the most stable method of bike transport (SKS lock core sold separately)
- Ratcheting wheel strap secures rear wheel to tray
- No frame contact; no possibility of frame damage
- Bike is lighter and easier to lift with front wheel removed
- Can be used with Yakima fork adapters (sold separately) to transport bikes with thru axles
- Comes with instructions
- Limited lifetime warranty
A fork bike mount rack provides the most stable form of bike transport because the skewer firmly holds the fork in place. And since there's no contact with the frame with this type of carrier, you won't have to worry about damage to your bike's frame or finish. The bike is also much lighter and easier to lift onto the roof without the weight of the front wheel. Many also think a fork mount is more aerodynamic than an upright rack. Now you can get all these benefits in an affordable package with the Yakima Viper Roof Bike Rack, along with many features you may not have expected.
The attractive, streamlined Viper attaches to round and square crossbars quickly and easily without the need for tools. The front mount is integral with the head and clamps around the crossbar, while the rear of the tray is attached using a carriage bolt installed in the bottom of the tray, a snap around mount around the crossbar, and a hex key to secure the mount.
Most bikes with standard 100mm x 9mm quick release front hubs can be quickly and easily mounted to the Viper. 1-2 bikes up to 30 lbs. each can be carried if the crossbar spread is 16" to 42", and 3 or more bikes up to 40 lbs. each can be carried if the crossbar spread is 18" to 42". The Viper is compatible with most disc brakes and the V-shaped wheel tray accepts a wide range of wheel and tire sizes. Insert the skewer through the head, attach the quick release lever and load the bike, with the fork dropouts resting on the skewer and the rear wheel in the wheel tray. Adjust the knob on the quick release lever and close the cover; the adjustment knob and lever can be manipulated from one side of the vehicle, a big advantage when the rack is mounted on a tall vehicle. Secure the rear wheel to the tray with the ratchet tensioned strap. Yakima's fork adapters (sold separately) can be used to transport bikes with thru axles.
An SKS (Same Key System) lock core (sold separately) can be installed in the skewer cover to lock the bike to the rack. Comprehensive, illustrated instructions are included with the Viper Roof Bike Rack, and it's covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.35.00 129.00
Brand: Yakima Part Numbers:
Yakima® Products, of Beaverton, Oregon is one of the world's largest manufacturers of cargo and recreational equipment carrying solutions. Founded 40 years ago in its namesake city, Yakima's guiding principle is that gear should be carried on the outside of the vehicle to make room for more friends inside. To achieve that goal the company makes roof rack systems for any style roof, and an array of roof rack, receiver hitch, trunk lid and hatch, and trailer mounted carriers. Yakima's designers and engineers are outdoor enthusiasts, campers, and travelers just like you, and they listen and learn what other enthusiasts need and want while participating in those activities. The combination of their own personal experience with that of other enthusiasts enables them to create the finest carriers and accessories for bicycles, watercraft, skis & snowboards, and cargo & camping. Yakima products are manufactured using the highest quality materials and the best engineering practices, and Yakima is so confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your purchase that they're backed by a "Love It Till You Leave It" lifetime warranty.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)