Subaru Outback 2005-2007, Bluestuff NDX Formula Racing Brake Pads by EBC®. 2 Pairs. This is a set of replacement brake pads that is designed for heavy-duty racetrack driving where high-performance multi-piston calipers are used. Pads feature two grooves for cooling, vibration-balancing weights on backing plates, triple-strength chemical bonding between pad and backing plate, and a higher friction surface than Yellowstuff race pads. Organic aramid fiber compound provides a high level of grip at extremely low and high operating temperatures. Safe for normal and aggressive street driving.
- Designed for use with low drag multi-piston, performance brake calipers only
- Formulated for optimum heavy-duty racetrack performance
- Features two gaps in the pad surface instead of one for increased cooling and debris collection
- Backing plates feature vibration-balancing weights to reduce squealing noise under high stress
- Pads are bonded to backing plates with a chemical layer that triples separation resistance
- Pads provide progressive brake feel and are safe for street use also
- Organic aramid fiber construction maintains high level of grip when pads are cold or extremely hot
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are blue powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Pads come new with rough, heat-scorched surface designed for improved bedding with rough or worn rotors
- 200 miles of gentle use is recommended during pad break-in period
- 6 month/10,000 mile manufacturer warranty against premature pad wear under normal driving conditions
While EBC Yellowstuff brake pads are designed for racetrack use with standard OE brake calipers, Bluestuff pads are designed to provide an even higher level of performance for the racing enthusiast who owns a vehicle equipped with superior multi-piston, high-performance brake calipers. Bluestuff NDX Formula Racing Brake Pads are formulated to take the extra squeezing power of multi-piston calipers and make the most of it, offering massive levels of grip when you need to scrub off speed fast. And while these brakes will let you stop on a dime from triple-digit speeds, you will also be impressed with their gradual and progressive application that makes them easy to live with and use on the street. Bluestuff pads come designed for grip the minute you put them on your vehicle with a rougher, heat-scorched top layer for the best initial mating with new or worn brake rotor surfaces. Once the pads have fully broken in, the grip they are known for is available at all times whether the brakes are cold on an icy morning or hot during an endurance race.
The organic aramid fiber construction of Bluestuff pads resists heat buildup that plagues inferior pads, so you won’t have to compensate for reduced effectiveness after brake fluid gets hot enough to boil in the lines. And Bluestuff pads are designed to hold together under extreme, heavy use. Instead of using rivets to secure pad material and backing plate together, Bluestuff pads use an additional layer between the two in order to form a strong chemical bond that provides three times the resistance of pad separation or shear. Four balancing weights built in to the backing plates of Bluestuff pads ensure high-frequency vibration is cancelled out to eliminate squealing noise. While EBC backs their replacement brake pads with a 6-month or 10,000 mile warranty against premature wear under normal driving conditions, they do not cover excessive wear or damage resulting from racetrack or drifting use.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.