Subaru WRX STI 2004-2005, Molded Engine Coolant By-Pass Hose by Continental Elite®. Use 1 per Car. Location: Pipe-2 to Thermostat. This molded hose follows OE design and is pre-shaped for a precise fit. EPDM rubber tube and cover provide superior resistance to heat, ozone, and chemical coolants, while synthetic knit reinforcement ensures higher burst limits.
- Original equipment configuration ensures a perfect fit
- Pre-shaped to fit your vehicle
- EPDM tube and cover with synthetic knit reinforcement
- Designed to withstand temperature from -40°F to +275°F
- Resistant to Electrochemical Degradation (ECR)
- Compatible with most coolants including ethylene glycol and propylene glycol-based coolants, as well as organic acid modified, Long Life coolants
- Constructed to meet and exceed SAE 20R3EC Class D1 and Class D2 specifications as well as many OE standards
- Not for use in fuel or oil transfer applications
Continental Elite™ molded by-pass and heater hoses are designed to transfer glycol-based coolants to and from the heater core, by-pass to the radiator, and through other components of the cooling system. This hose is built to OE specifications and pre-shaped to follow the curves of your stock hose and precisely fit your vehicle. It is manufactured from EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer), which is a synthetic rubber highly resistant to heat, ozone, and chemical coolants. Each hose is reinforced with synthetic knit that ensures greater durability and higher burst limits. Every part is built to meet or exceed OE specs and strict SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) standards that ensure the safety, quality, and effectiveness of products across the engineering industry.
ContiTech is an engineered rubber products group of Continental AG and known as a leader in OE-quality power transmission technology. Using progressive materials such as fiberglass, Kevlar, polyester reinforcing fibers, HSN and EPDM compounds, ContiTech offers a tremendous array of serpentine belts, E-quality timing belts, timing belt kits, v-belts, etc. Since ContiTech is an ISO/TS 16949:2002 certified manufacturing company, customers can count on the fact that all its products meet the highest OEM standards.