- Links to any make and model vehicle engine controller to increase horsepower and torque for maximum track, towing, or off-road performance
- Offers setting for maximum fuel economy to increase mileage
- Allows customizing operation of air/fuel ratio, fuel injector flow rates, spark timing, throttle sensitivity, and automatic transmission shift points
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes on all vehicles
- Adjust factory limits for vehicle speed and RPMs
- Allows recalibration of speedometer for larger tire sizes
- Allows engine cooling fan on/off operation on vehicles with electronic fan control
- Upgradable to handle multiple GM or Ford VIN numbers
- Industry-exclusive 2-year powertrain warranty for your vehicle comes with every product at no additional cost
- 1-year manufacturer product warranty
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
Note: The Multi-VIN feature is available at extra cost through Superchips internet update store, and may not cover all make and model applications.
The Superchips Cortex Programmer offers premiere levels of performance enhancement and diagnostic ability in a convenient hand-held size. By varying your vehicle’s factory settings for fuel/air mixture, timing, fuel injector flow, throttle responsiveness, and automatic transmission shift points, the Cortex can increase horsepower for speed, torque for towing conditions, or adjust all parameters for maximum fuel economy. Unlike many performance controllers that only add power under wide open throttle positions, Superchips thoroughly maps and delivers desired improvements throughout your vehicle’s entire engine rpm range while maintaining legal emissions levels in all 50 states. Transmission shift points can also be revised to shift at higher or lower rpms, or they can be controlled manually by you. If your transmission is more advanced and provides varying levels of shift firmness, the Cortex can adjust those as well. Diagnostic trouble codes for any vehicle system can be retrieved, stored, and cleared whether your check engine light is on or off.
The Cortex Programmer is also equipped to recalibrate your speedometer for larger tire sizes, change the factory setting that limits your vehicle’s top speed, and adjust rpm speed to whatever you choose. A programming download is available through Superchips at extra cost if you wish to use your Cortex on more than one vehicle. Superchips is so confident that the Cortex will improve your vehicle’s performance with no harm to any mechanical systems, they back it with a 2-year warranty for your vehicle’s powertrain. The Cortex unit itself features a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.379.99Brand: Superchips Part Number: 2950 UPC: 894520001711
Founded in the United Kingdom as P.J. Detection Techniques in 1977, Superchips was originally involved in racing and became one of the first tuner companies to gain in-depth expertise on modifying engines equipped with electronic fuel injection systems. As engineering expertise grew on a variety of fuel systems and engine types, the company first debuted a line of power-enhancing performance products to the consumer market in England, then worldwide. After changing their name to Superchips in 1991, the company established itself in the United States a year later. The company grew to specialize in hand-held programmers and today remains on the cutting edge of turning modern computer-controlled vehicle functions into creative tuning applications. In 2005, Superchips was acquired by MSD Performance and became affiliated with MSD Ignition, Edge Products and Racepak parts. Today, Superchips USA is based out of Sanford, Florida and performs all production in the United States.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)