Subaru WRX 2003, Rear Brake Kit (BKSB040-653SBRP) by KSport®. Specifications: 380mm (15") Slotted 2-Pc Rotors, 6 piston Black Calipers with Race Pads. This is a complete brake upgrade kit designed to enhance braking power under sustained high-heat conditions. Includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware. All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aircraft grade aluminum for light weight, unparalleled strength and freedom from corrosion along with aluminum pistons that provide better heat resistance and uncompromised operation. Rotors are available in multiple diameters with slotted or drilled configurations and feature a 2-piece design with an aluminum center for lower rotational mass, reduced warpage, and shorter stopping distances. See Product Options for rotor sizes and designs, brake pad choices, caliper choices, and color options.
- KSport’s standard brake upgrade kit that includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware
- All components are designed for bolt-on replacement without modifications
- See Product Options for rotor sizes and designs, brake pad choices, caliper choices, and color options
- All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aluminum for light weight and unparalleled strength
- Opposed-piston caliper design greatly improves pad grip and reduces uneven wear
- Aluminum caliper pistons provide freedom from corrosion, better heat resistance, and lighter weight
- Reinforced carbon steel caliper brackets allow these larger-than-OEM size calipers to bolt directly on to existing mounting points
- All rotors feature 2-piece design with an aluminum center for lower rotational mass, quicker braking response, and shorter stopping distances
- 2-piece design greatly reduces chance of rotor warpage through less restricted expansion/contraction of outer iron section
- 11” and 12” rotors feature 6-piston front calipers with 2-piston rear calipers
- 13” and 14” rotors feature 8-piston front calipers with 4-piston rear calipers
- All caliper seals are heavy duty for sustained high-temperature racetrack use
- 13” and 14” rotors offer option of full-floating design for better self-centering in the caliper that lowers brake drag and boosts performance
- Stainless steel brake lines prevent expansion under high temperatures and pressures for faster pedal response
- Slotted rotors are recommended for track use and feature grooves on rotor surface to wipe away heat, dust, and gases
- Drilled rotors are recommended for daily street use and feature holes in rotor surface to wipe away heat, dust, and gases
- For street use, choose Street pads with long-lasting, low-dust ceramic compound
- For track-only use, choose Race pads with heavy-duty carbon metallic construction for best bite
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
KSport offers sophisticated bolt-on brake upgrade kits with ProComp packages that require no vehicle modifications to install. If you’re looking to thoroughly revamp your brake system with all-new components which provide serious stopping power that doesn’t fade under hard use the way OEM equipment does, ProComp kits offer choices tailored for your intended use. No matter which one you select, you’ll get the benefits of decades of racetrack experience and engineering from KSport. All brake calipers are cut from one block of aluminum rather than being cast or welded together. This provides perfectly even thicknesses and strength over every part of the caliper block to eliminate weak spots which lead to fracturing, warpage, and failure over time. To build on the weight-reducing characteristics of the calipers, caliper pistons are also made from aluminum and protected with heavy-duty seals designed to handle racetrack temperatures. Better heat transferrance ensures pistons slide smoothly and evenly without drag, and aluminum construction ensures caliper operation remains uncompromised by corrosion over time. Additionally, an opposed-piston design ensures brake pad grip and wear remain consistent on both sides of the rotor.
All rotors are a 2-piece design to provide light weight, fade-free performance on the racetrack, effective grip during street racing and drifting, and comfortable, easy-to-use operation under normal driving conditions. Lightweight center sections crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum give you the benefit of lower rotational mass – making wheels easier to stop, and giving you the instant snap of brake response that’s proper for high performance driving. Because the outer section of the 2-piece rotor can expand and contract independently from the center section, chances of the entire rotor warping due to heat buildup are greatly reduced. And since aluminum is a better conductor of heat, the center sections serve as effective heat sinks by passing heat away faster to the air and to the hub assembly. Combined, these two factors give them a much longer service life than traditional 1-piece rotors. For the serious racetrack driver that’s mindful of avoiding temperature buildup which causes brake fluid boiling and pedal fade, KSport 13” and 14” rotors are available with a “full floating” design. Such a layout features an outer section designed to shift slightly as needed. Better self-centering in the caliper lowers brake drag and boosts performance through more even application.
Rotors are also available in “Street” applications with cross-drilled holes in the outer section to provide supremely effective management of heat, dust, and gasses that build up during aggressive driving. These drilled rotors are best matched to low-dust, long-life “Street” ceramic pads that function most effectively in the 194 – 1,022 degree Fahrenheit range typically reached on the street. For heavier-duty track use, KSport recommends rotors in slotted form for more solidity along with “Race” pads that function most effectively in the 482 – 1,472 degree Fahrenheit range reached during racing.3,332.50Brand: KSport Part Number: BKSB040-653SBRP This part is compatible with 6 vehicle(s)
Founded in 2003 in Arizona, KSport USA Suspension Company has risen to prominence by producing high-performance suspension and brake system upgrades that provide winning results without breaking apart or breaking your wallet. The consistent high level of sophistication and quality KSport bakes into every product has earned them respect among all classes of racetrack drivers across the globe. As a premiere worldwide producer respected throughout the industry today, KSport has been recognized with TUV/ISO 9001:2008 certification for best business practices. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of KSport coilovers, lowering springs, air suspension kits, control arms, brake upgrade packages, and much more designed to enhance performance and handling on the track and on the street.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.