- Exterior dimensions: 90" L x 34.5" W x 16" H
- Interior dimensions: 81" L x 32.5" W x 14.5" H
- Box weight: 53 lbs.
- Carries up to 17 cu. ft. or up to 110 lbs. of cargo
- Ideal for outdoor equipment, large luggage, and baby gear
- Fits 6-8 pairs of skis with a maximum length of 201cm, 4-6 snowboards, or gear for up to 4 passengers
- Patented AeroNose design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented rear-angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- 2-tone high gloss automotive finish
- Reinforced lid and base increases durability and rigidity for maximum cargo protection
- AcuTight mounting system "clicks" when box is securely attached to roof rack, for fast, easy, tool-free installation
- Takes only 5 minutes to install
- Dual-side opening for easier loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle
- Integrated light for nighttime loading and unloading
- Oversized SecureLock™ is easy to grasp, even with gloves on, and ensures that all gear is locked and box is properly closed prior to driving
- The included 2 One-Key locks secure the box contents and lock the box to the carrier
- Can be mounted to Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Proudly made in the USA
When you think of all the attributes you'd like to have in a cargo box, above all you'd want one that would get all your gear to your destination safely and securely; you'd also want it to be easy to mount on the roof rack and load; and it sure would be great if it also looked good perched on the roof of your car or SUV, with an aerodynamic shape that would reduce drag for better fuel mileage, and reduce noise for more pleasant motoring. If you're looking for such a cargo box you've found it in the Thule Hyper. The Hyper is Thule's premium cargo box that combines aerodynamic design with a stronger, more convenient box structure. It delivers style, protection and security.
The Hyper's reinforced lid and base are rigid and durable to give your cargo maximum protection. The AcuTight mounting system enables the box to be easily mounted by hand; no tools are required. Just turn the knob until it clicks, indicating that it's tightened securely. The Hyper lid can be opened from either side to facilitate loading from either side of the vehicle, and an integrated light is included to facilitate nighttime loading and unloading.
The Hyper is perfect for a 4-person family's cargo of outdoor equipment (cycling gear, skis, paddles, etc.), large luggage, or baby gear. It can carry up to 17 cu. ft. of cargo or 110 lbs. but make sure you don't exceed the weight limit of your roof rack. Six to eight pairs of skis with a maximum length of 201cm can be carried in the Hyper or four to six snowboards. Once all your gear is loaded, the 2 included One-Key lock cylinders can be used to lock the lid and lock the box to the carrier. The SecureLock feature ensures that all gear is locked and the box is properly closed prior to driving, because the key can only be removed when the box lid is closed and locked.
All practicality aside, you'll want to have the Hyper on your roof just for the way it looks. The sleek, aerodynamic, wind cheating, patented AeroNose design and 2-tone, high gloss automotive finish will be a fine augmentation to your vehicle's appearance. The Hyper's shape reduces drag by up to 35% compared to conventional cargo box shapes, improving fuel economy, and reduces noise, making trips a more pleasurable experience. And the Hyper's patented rear angled base and expanded vehicle mounting points help ensure the cargo box won't interfere with trunk or hatch opening.
The Hyper XL Cargo Box comes with everything required for installation, including detailed instructions. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.959.95
Brand: Thule Part Numbers:
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)