Honda Passport 2002, Greenstuff 6000 Series Truck and SUV Brake Pads by EBC®. Driving Style: Daily Driver, Hauling & Towing. Dust Rating: Medium. Finish: Green Powder Coat. Material: Organic Friction. This set of replacement disc brake pads is engineered with organic compounds in place of metallic ones to give 4x4s better performance in areas where brake components get covered in dirt, sand, and grit. Greenstuff 6000 brake pads provide superior grip without abrasive wear, allowing increased brake rotor life by up to 50 percent. Pre-chamfered edges reduce squealing and ensure more effective braking even against worn rotors.
- Engineered to better resist mud, sand, and grit that accumulate on brakes during off-roading
- Nominal friction coefficient of 0.45 under normal driving conditions
- Patented organic AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
- Produces a low amount of brake dust
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are green powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- 6-month/10,000 mile manufacturer warranty against premature pad wear under normal driving conditions
- Sold as a set for two wheels
For heavier pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, EBC offers the Greenstuff 6000 Series Truck and SUV Brake Pads to give you longer pad life, low rotor wear, and reduced brake dust. Instead of neck-breaking autobahn grip, Greenstuff 6000 pads are formulated for the unique needs of heavier trucks and sport utilities that venture off-road. Unlike factory original semi-metallic pads, these are constructed from an organic aramid compound which blends Kevlar and Twaron composites to create a harder pad surface that is extremely resistant to dirt, rocks, and sand. While that harder brake pad surface takes longer to wear down, the improved pad life will not come at the expense of your rotors. Because steel wool compounds are pared to minimum levels, you will find a new set of rotors will last through two sets of brake pads. Should you install new pads without replacing rotors, pre-chamfered pad edges will mate perfectly against the grooves and lips that normally form on the rotor surfaces, so the meat of the pad makes contact against the rotor center where it counts. These pads also feature a red top layer coating designed to scour glaze and hot spots off worn brake rotors during the break-in process. As it does that, the coating also serves to provide a higher level of grip to counteract low friction levels that exist before bedding is complete. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed rather than transferred as squealing noise, even under the most extreme weather conditions.
In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, EBC Greenstuff pads have been shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity versus original manufacturer parts. EBC’s patented Greenstuff brake pad material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squeal, but not so soft that longevity becomes compromised. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed to prevent squealing even under the most extreme weather conditions. EBC backs Greenstuff 6000 Series Truck and SUV Brake Pads with a 6-month or 10,000 mile warranty against premature wear under normal driving conditions.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.