- Rock solid stability for safe, secure bike transport
- Super easy to use, molded base keep bike upright leaving hands free to secure frame and wheels
- Available in versions to load bike from left or right side of vehicle
- Comes preassembled and ready to install on the roof rack
- Fits bike frames up to 3.1” diameter
- Fits tires up to 2.5” wide
- Weight: 9.3 lbs.
- Fits directly to Rhino-Rack Aero cross bars
- Separate fitting kit (not included) necessary to install on Rhino-Rack Heavy-Duty cross bars
- Plastic frame holding clamp features rubber lined jaws to prevent damage
- Clamp is adjustable on special steel frame holder tube
- Wheels rest on aluminum and UV-resistant composite base
- Bike locks to frame holder and cross bars
- Limited 5-year warranty
When you’re trying to attach equipment to a roof rack mounted accessory, far too often you end up wishing you had another hand so you can get the job done. But not with the Discovery Bike Carrier. The Discovery features a special molded aluminum and UV-resistant composite base that keeps the bike upright, so your hands are free to secure the frame and wheels to the carrier.
Just place the bike in the carrier, raise the black painted special steel frame holder tube into position and clamp the frame holder to the bike frame. With its rubber lined plastic jaws, the frame holder will be gentle to your bike while providing it with rock-solid upright support on your journey. The frame holder is also lockable to prevent theft and locking the bike to the frame holder also secures the Discovery to the load rack. Bikes with frame diameters up to 3.1” diameter and tire widths up to 2.5” can be installed on this carrier.
The Discovery comes preassembled and ready to install on Rhino-Rack Aero cross bars, and since it comes in at a svelte 9.3 lbs., raising it into position on the roof rack will be easy. If you have Rhino-Rack Heavy-Duty cross bars a separate fitting kit is available, but not included. The Discovery even comes in a left and right version; choose according to whether you prefer loading your bike from the left or right side. Installing the carrier to the side of the cross bars will leave room to mount additional cargo or accessories.
The Discovery Bike Carrier is covered by a limited 5-year warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship.197.10
Brand: Rhino-Rack Part Numbers:
Rhino-Rack® offers a wide range of quality roof racks and accessories to meet any load carrying needs, whether you are a hardworking craftsman, a weekend warrior, or a serious holiday traveler. Since 1992, Rhino-Rack® has proven to be Australia's most diverse commercial roof rack company, with a range of rack systems to suit everyone from the ladder-carrying tradesman to the desert assaulting 4-wheel driver. Rhino-Rack specializes in Roof Racks, Kayak Carriers, Ski & Snowboard Carriers, Luggage Trays and Roof Boxes. Not to mention they are experts in trade solutions and offer a massive selection of ladder racks and ladder loading equipment.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)