Jeep Wrangler 1999, Supertop™ Classic Complete Replacement Soft Top by Bestop®. Tinted Side and Rear Windows. Does not Include Doors. If your soft top is completely shot: fabric torn, tattered, and faded; windows cloudy and opaque; and hardware bent, broken, loose, or binding; replace it with a Bestop Supertop, the standard against which all other soft tops are measured. This top delivers the highest quality in function, fit, and style, including mildew resistant premium fabric, industrial strength thread, heat sealed DOT approved windows, heavy-duty zippers, and powdercoated hardware, with features like a tailgate bar that allows the tailgate to be opened without opening the rear window.
- Replaces worn out soft top fabric, windows, and hardware
- Includes fabric, quarter windows, rear window, and hardware (bow assembly)
- Available with 2-piece fabric doors or upper half doors
- Premium quality fabric is mildew resistant, and contains UV inhibitors
- Fabric is available in factory original colors
- Industrial strength thread for durable construction
- Sealed seams for water-tight protection
- Hardware is chemically treated and powdercoated to resist corrosion
- Zip out, replaceable heat sealed DOT approved vinyl windows
- Windows available in clear or 31% tint to meet U.S. and European regulations
- Heavy-duty molded tooth zippers allow easy window removal and installation
- Door windows are not tinted in kits with tinted windows to meet regulations in all states
- Patented Belt-Rail™ no-drill attachment system enables fast, easy installation
- Tailgate bar allows tailgate to be opened without opening rear window for easy access, on most applications
- Most Bestop soft top parts can be replaced individually, extending the value of your purchase
- Comes with comprehensive, illustrated installation instructions
- Limited 2-year warranty
No matter how well it's cared for, after many years and miles the average soft top will become weathered, evidenced by cracks, tears, and fading of the fabric, and clouding and yellowing of the windows. The supporting hardware (bow assembly) can also wear, with parts becoming bent or damaged so the top no longer holds its shape, and hinges that become worn, loose, or binding, making the top difficult to lower and raise. If this sounds like your soft top, replace it with the best, a Bestop Supertop Classic Complete Replacement Soft Top, the standard of the industry. The Supertop comes with everything you need, the fabric, zip-out replaceable windows, and hardware, so it's also the choice if you presently have no top at all. It's available in factory original colors with 2-piece doors, upper half doors, or without doors, and the windows come in clear or with a 31% tint to keep you cool when the sun's out.
The premium grade soft top fabric maintains its shape in any temperature, is mildew resistant, and contains UV inhibitors to prevent fading. It's constructed using industrial strength thread for durability, and all seams are sealed for water-tight protection. The underlying support hardware is chemically treated and then powdercoated to resist rust and remain durable. The frame is adjustable so you can keep the top as tight as you want it, regardless of age or the hot and cold cycles of the seasons when the fabric expands and contracts. The patented Belt-Rail™ attachment system features a plastic strip at the bottom edge of the top that slides into a channel, for fast, easy installation.
The DOT approved windows are heat sealed to remain water-tight and retained with heavy-duty molded tooth zippers. The tailgate bar allows the tailgate to be opened without opening the rear window for trouble-free access on most applications. The zippers allow the side windows to be removed and the rear window either removed or rolled up and secured for open air motoring. On 2-piece doors, the upper half can be removed for additional airflow.
The Supertop Classic Complete Replacement Soft Top comes with everything required for installation, including detailed, illustrated instructions to guide you through an assembly procedure that should take about 3 hours (at temperatures of 72°F or higher, below that temperature the fabric may contract somewhat, making it more difficult to fit to the vehicle). The top is covered by a limited 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
Bestop® has its origins in Boulder, Colorado in the early 1950s, where founder Thomas Bradley first began manufacturing soft tops for Jeeps during slow periods at his auto upholstery shop. From such humble beginnings Bestop has grown to become the world's largest soft top maker, producing almost 200,000 tops each year, as well as a factory original supplier of soft tops to Chrysler, Suzuki, Isuzu, GM, and Toyota. In fact, Bestop has been the original equipment manufacturer of all Jeep soft tops since 1986. Along with soft tops Bestop is a leading provider of Jeep and truck accessories like bumpers for rock crawling enthusiasts, electrically powered running boards, retractable bed steps, seats, floor liners, and vehicle storage and cargo carrying accessories. Bestop combines the expertise that comes from almost 60 years' experience with cutting edge and innovative design and engineering, and manufacturing that meets or exceeds OEM quality standards, to create the finest Jeep and truck accessories available.