If you are using your "daily driver" car or truck for occasional towing duty, you are looking for that ideal sweet spot where the weekday commute is comfortable and quiet, and the weekend trailering feels solid and secure. In other words, you don't want to vehicle to feel too "stiff" during the week, nor do you want it to ride "soft" when pulling a trailer.
1998 Ford Explorer Performance Suspension
- ReadyLIFT® Front Leveling KitFord Explorer 1998, Front Leveling Kit with 2.25" Body Lift by ReadyLIFT®. Install Time: 1-2 hours. Includes: (2) 2.25" adjustable lift front leveling torsion keys, (2) 0.5" front shock spacers. Max tire size available after the...
- Monroe® Sensa-Trac™ Rear Load Adjusting ShockFord Explorer for Towing Hauling 1998, Sensa-Trac™ Rear Load Adjusting Shock by Monroe®. 1 per Pack. Length: 15.5" Compressed, 25.125" Extended with 9.625" Stroke. Upper Mount: Cross Pin Mount - Closed Ended, 0.313" Hole ID (Both...Improves ride and handling and helps maintain ride height when additional weight is loadedAll Weather Fluid reduces friction for smooth piston rod action
- Monroe® Max-Air® Rear Air Adjustable ShockFord Explorer for Towing Hauling 1998, Max-Air® Rear Air Adjustable Shock by Monroe®. 1 per Pack. Length: 15" Compressed, 24.375" Extended with 9.375" Stroke. Upper Mount: Cross Pin Mount - Closed Ended, 0.313" Hole ID (Both Ends)...Provide proper vehicle ride height when additional weight is loadedInflates up to 150 psi
- Bilstein® 4600 Series Standard ShocksFord Explorer 1998, 4600 Series Standard Shock by Bilstein®. 1 per Pack. Yellow Paint. With Blue Straight Boot. BILSTEIN 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required
$79.98from $63.98 - $85.30# 40507555
- Belltech® Shocks and StrutsFord Explorer 1998, Shocks and Struts for Stock Height by Belltech®. This is oil-filled Street Performance shock absorber with a range of ride height choices. Upon installation, spacers mount below your spring to adjust ride height...Oil-filled Street Performance front shock absorberOffers a range of ride height choices
$51.50from $41.20 - $237.59# 42627722
- Monroe® Reflex™ Rear ShockFord Explorer 1998, Reflex™ Rear Shock by Monroe®. 1 Set. Length: 15" Compressed, 25" Extended with 10" Stroke. Upper Mount: Cross Pin Mount - Closed Ended, 0.313" Hole ID (Both Ends) x 2.875" Pin Length (Hole Center to Center)....ASD Technology: provides greater control for handling (only applies to twin tube version)Enhanced stability by reducing body roll rate in evasive maneuvers or tight turns
- Monroe® Gas-Magnum™ ShockFord Explorer 1998, Gas-Magnum™ Shock by Monroe®. 1 Set. These shock absorbers are designed specially for vans and pickup trucks. Monroe Gas-Magnum assemblies provide firm control and greater stability without a harsh ride. They...Firm control without a harsh rideTwin-tube Design
$38.50from $30.80 - $52.26# 17911585
- Monroe® Monro-Matic Plus™ ShockFord Explorer 1998, Monro-Matic Plus™ Shock by Monroe®. 1 Set. Nitrogen gas charged Monro-Matic Plus shocks and struts feature VPV (velocity proportional valving) and innovative all weather fluid. They offer improved ride comfort...An ideal balance of comfort and control for any driving conditionImproved ride at an economical price
$26.31from $21.05 - $22.72# 17923761
- Rancho® Shock AbsorberFord Explorer 1998, Shock Absorber by Rancho®. Shock Absorber; Eddie Bauer; Limited; XLT.
$63.74from $50.99 - $110.99# 14173588
- Westar® Air Conversion KitFord Explorer 1998, Air Conversion Kit by Westar®. For those owners of vehicles with air suspension looking for an alternative, Westar has the answer. We offer a kit to convert to a traditional coil spring suspension. It is easy to...Exact fit designSteel is painted for long non-corrosive life
$392.69from $314.15 - $385.20# 22588428
- Hellwig® Helper SpringsFord Explorer 1998, Medium Duty Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Hellwig offers medium-duty secondary helper leaf springs designed to take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf springs and restore comfort and stability to the rear of...Secondary leaf springs take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf springsAvailable in multiple configurations that offer 500, 750, 1,000, 1,500, or 2,000 pounds of load support
$58.69from $46.95 - $158.11# 45064526
- Air Lift® LoadController™ Air Compressor SystemsFord Explorer 1998, LoadController™ Air Compressor Systems by Air Lift®. LoadController systems are air compressors that mount permanently on the frame of your vehicle to give you spring inflation pressure wherever you go....Dual-path design compressors allow left- or right-side springs on the same axle to be controlled independently of each otherHeavy-duty strength compressors are recommended for daily or commercial use, run quieter, and provide better filtration
$281.25from $225.00 - $415.00# 9819086
- Air Lift® Load Support Air SpringsFord Explorer 4WD (Four-Wheel Drive) without Factory Automatic Ride Control Option 1998, Load Support Air Springs by Air Lift®. Load Support Air Springs are sets of two adjustable secondary air springs that help existing springs...Set of two air bag spring supports designed to work with factory OEM springsPrevents vehicle’s main springs from sagging due to constant load compression
- Air Lift® QuickSHOT™ Compressor SystemFord Explorer 1998, QuickSHOT™ Compressor System by Air Lift®, with Equal Air Spring Infation, Single Gauge, Dual Needle. This kit contains an air compressor, lines, hardware, and a 2-gallon auxiliary tank that stores compressed...2-gallon auxiliary tank stores compressed air for faster inflation of air springsTank can be used with single or dual front/rear Air Lift applications
- Air Lift® SmartAIR™ Automatic Leveling SystemFord Explorer 1998, SmartAIR™ Automatic Leveling System by Air Lift®. This kit includes an air pump, magnetic height sensors, wiring, harnesses, and all hardware needed to inflate or deflate air springs to adjust vehicle ride...Maintains level ride height from front to rearKits are available with single sensors and dual sensors
$515.00from $412.00 - $734.99# 9803372
- Air Lift® Wireless Control SystemFord Explorer 1998, Wireless Control System by Air Lift®. These kits include a compact wireless remote control and all the equipment you need to adjust the pressure in two air springs on the same axle. Choose the value-priced Equal...Equal Air Spring Inflation kit contains a standard air compressor that adjusts left and right springs together at the same time to the same pressureSeparate Air Spring Inflation kit contains a heavy duty air compressor with separate lines that allows individual adjustment of left and right springs
$459.38from $367.50 - $524.99# 9807758
- Timbren® Suspension Rubber Helper Spring KitFord Explorer 1998, Suspension Rubber Helper Spring Kit by Timbren®. Suspension Enhancement System.
- Hellwig® Rear Sway BarFord Explorer 1998, Rear Sway Bar by Hellwig®. Diameter: 1". Each application effectively reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and optimizes vehicle stability at higher speeds. Balanced for neutral...Sets of sway bars are tailored for on-road useDesigned to provide optimum performance on lowered vehicles as well as lifted trucks with a higher center of gravity
- Tuff Country® Torsion Bar KeysFord Explorer 4WD 1998, Torsion Bar Keys with 1.5" Front Body Lift by Tuff Country®. Includes: Torsion Bar Keys, Rear View Mirror Hanger. Tuff Country's 4" Suspension Lift Kit for their upper control arm design kits. This hot new...No Drilling requiredKeep a factory ride
- Suncore® Coil Spring Conversion KitFord Explorer 1998, Coil Spring Conversion Kit by Suncore®. This kit will keep the car at factory height while providing a smooth car ride. You will be saving Time and Money by purchasing this complete kit. Suncores conversion kit...Easy to installInstallation instructions included
- Suncore® Front and Rear Passive Suspension Conversion KitFord Explorer 1998, Front and Rear Passive Suspension Conversion Kit by Suncore®. With Front and Rear Gas Shocks. This is a Low Cost Alternative to OEM active electronic Shocks. This kit will convert your vehicle from Active...Easy to installInstallation instructions included
- Energy Suspension® Front Control Arm BushingsFord Explorer 1998, Front Control Arm Bushings by Energy Suspension®. This is a set of replacement polyurethane bushings that mount at pivot points in front independent suspension control arms. Resilient polyurethane offers greater...Set of replacement polyurethane bushings that mount at pivot points in front independent suspension control armsReduces play and slack in OEM factory control arm mount areas to restore proper suspension geometry for better handling and steering performance
- Energy Suspension® Front Sway Bar BushingsFord Explorer RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) 1998, 1.3386" ID Front Sway Bar Bushings by Energy Suspension®. This is a set of 2 replacement polyurethane bushings designed to exceed factory OEM levels of vibration dampening and support at...Set of 2 replacement polyurethane sway bar center bushings (designed for front applications) that meet or exceed OEM levels of vibration dampening refinementThis is a set of front bushings only, and does not include outer steel sleeves for mounting
- Daystar® Polyurethane Front Control Arm BushingsFord Explorer RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) 1998, Polyurethane Front Control Arm Bushings by Daystar®. This is a set of replacement polyurethane bushings designed to exceed factory OEM levels of cushioning and support at the point where...Reduces play and slack in OEM factory control arm mount areas to restore proper suspension geometry for better handling and steering performanceSet of replacement polyurethane bushings that meet or exceed OEM levels of vibration dampening refinement
- Belltech® Front End Alignment Camber KitFord Explorer RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 1998, Alignment Kit by Belltech®. When dropping your vehicle’s ride height, Belltech Alignment kits let you correct wheel camber, driveline angles, and track bar settings that become out of...Front End alignment kit corrects positive wheel camber that is a normal result of lowering vehicle suspensionFront End alignment kit restores improperly tilted wheels back to a more upright position for better tire contact on the road
$29.88from $23.90 - $59.30# 42627720
- ProRYDE® Alignment Caster/Camber KitFord Explorer 4WD (Four-Wheel Drive) / RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) 1998, Alignment Caster/Camber Kit by ProRYDE®. liftALIGN Camber/Caster Kit; Kit Corrects Camber And Caster Issues On Both Sides Of Vehicle; Front +/- 3.25.
- Monroe® Gas-Magnum™ Steering StabilizerFord Explorer 1998, Gas-Magnum™ Steering Stabilizer by Monroe®, 1 per Pack. Length: 9.25" Compressed, 14" Extended with 4.75" Stroke. Lower Mount: Loop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 0.5" Sleeve ID X 1.5" Sleeve OAL. Stop vibration...Offers superior comfort and extra control when operating conditions get more demandingStops vibration before it gets to the driver
- Warrior® Skid PlateFord Explorer 1998, Skid Plate by Warrior®. Skid Plate; Rear.
- Daystar® Front Coil Spring IsolatorsFord Explorer 1998, Front Coil Spring Isolators by Daystar®. Pair. Upgrade and replace degraded rubber isolator pads with Daystar’s polyurethane Coil Spring Isolator. Durable polyurethane construction ensures this set of top and...Set of replacement polyurethane coil spring vibration isolator pads for the top and bottom of one springHigh-density polyurethane construction provides a superior cushioning effect and resists degrading, drying, and crumbling the way rubber spring isolators can
- Warrior® Sway Bar Quick Disconnect End LinkFord Explorer 1998, Sway Bar Quick Disconnect End Link by Warrior®. Sway Bar Disconnect.
- Skyjacker® Rear Tie BoltsFord Explorer 1998, Rear Tie Bolts by Skyjacker®. Skyjacker Tie Bolts will help you get things fastened up. They are made from quality materials and are available in a variety of thread sizes and lengths to suit your needs.Different Thread Sizes and LengthsIncludes Nuts
- Warrior® Leaf Spring ShackleFord Explorer 1998, Leaf Spring Shackle by Warrior®. Leaf Spring Shackle Kit; Incl. Mounting Hardware; Rear w/1.25 in. Lift.
$111.69from $89.35 - $90.24# 13903810
- Daystar® Polyurethane Body MountFord Explorer 1998, Polyurethane Body Mount by Daystar®. Upgrade and replace all the rubber mounts and bushings that have become degraded between the body and frame of your vehicle with the Polyurethane Body Cab Mount kit. Durable...Kit features replacement polyurethane pieces for all original rubber mounts and bushings between your vehicle’s body and frameHigh-density polyurethane construction provides a superior cushioning effect and resists degrading drying up and crumbling the way rubber mounts can
- Energy Suspension® Front Tie Rod Dust BootsFord Explorer 1998, Front Tie Rod Dust Boots by Energy Suspension®. 1.375" Base Dia., 0.590" Pin Opening Dia., 2 per Pack. This is a set of two round polyurethane dust boots designed to surround your front tie rods near their...Set of 2 polyurethane dust boots designed to surround your front inner tie rods where they connect to the steering rackPrevents oil based contaminants and other unwanted corrosive grit from entering steering rack areas where excess wear can be caused
- KYB® MonoMax™ Shock AbsorberFord Explorer without Adjustable Suspension 1998, MonoMax™ Shock Absorber by KYB®, 1 per Pack. Power up your truck's suspension performance with MonoMax heavy duty monotube gas hydraulic shocks and struts. Thanks to the advanced...Performance upgrade for trucks that need extra controlThe best choice for hauling, towing, or plowing
- Mevotech® TTX Front Lower Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, TTX Front Lower Ball Joint by Mevotech®. Use 2 per Car. Especially designed for heavy-duty wear and tear, these ball joints will handle the toughest work you can throw at them and still deliver excellent...High Tensile Steel construction provides minimal deformation at extreme loading conditionsEasysnap locking – for secure locking and extreme strength protection
- Westar® Air ShockFord Explorer 4WD (Four-Wheel Drive) 1998, Air Shock by Westar®. Westar is a widely recognized manufacturer and exporter of rubber to metal bonded parts for all types of trucks and automobiles. Every single product goes through...Non re-manufacturedBuild with brand new rubber to ensure the life of air spring
$192.06from $153.65 - $154.54# 22588424
- KYB® Gas-a-Just™ Shock AbsorberFord Explorer without Adjustable Suspension 1998, Gas-a-Just™ Shock Absorber by KYB®, 1 per Pack. Go with Gas-a-Just shocks and struts and experience greater stability, handling, and control over twin-tube designs. Whether your...Replacement for an OE monotube shock to restore/keep the vehicle's original performance characteristicsIdeal as an upgrade from an OE twin-tube for quicker, more responsive handling and control
$43.10from $34.48 - $35.38# 17816013
- KYB® Excel-G™ Shock AbsorberFord Explorer Rear Quad Shock without Adjustable Suspension 1998, Excel-G™ Shock Absorber by KYB®, 1 per Pack. Restore your vehicle's original performance for normal driving conditions with the Excel-G twin-tube gas hydraulic...Designed to restore original handling and controlCalibrated to compensate for age and miles driven
$29.94from $23.95 - $26.93# 17809910
- Monroe® OESpectrum™ ShockFord Explorer 1998, OESpectrum™ Shock by Monroe®. 1 Set. These shocks and struts are engineered for foreign nameplate vehicles to enhance the performance of their suspension systems. Monroe OESpectrum shocks utilize OE valving...Provide unprecedented handling precision and controlNitrogen gas charged
$40.09from $32.07 - $34.60# 17916226
- Monroe® Specialty™ ShockFord Explorer 4WD / AWD 1998, Specialty™ Shock by Monroe®. Includes: Metal Dust Shield. These shock absorbers are designed to restore factory ride height and ride quality on vehicles equipped with electronic or factory air...Restores your vehicle factory ride height and provides a stable comfortable rideDirect OE style replacement
- Suncore® Shocks KitFord Explorer With Rear Standard Suspension 1998, Shocks Kit by Suncore®. Suspension OEM Electronic Gas Shock Replacement. It is highly recommended that Yukon gas shocks be replaced about every 50,000 miles to maintain the vehicles...Easy to installInstallation instructions included
$131.86from $105.49 - $353.29# 14252850
- Dorman® Control ArmFord Explorer 1998, Control Arm by Dorman®, 1 per Pack. With Ball Joint. If you are searching for a quality control arm, this product is the way to go. Featuring a sturdy construction and quality tested for trouble-free...Direct OEM replacementAllows the wheels to lift and descend when hitting bumps or other road imperfections
$36.08from $28.86 - $64.59# 33167185
- Falcon® Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyFord Explorer 1998, Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by Falcon®. Falcon Steering Control Arms are made of the highest quality in the aftermarket. All Control Arms meet or exceed OE requirements and are precision machined for a...Produced to exact OE dimensional specifications under strict quality control throughout the manufacturing and assembly processPremium performance components
$38.36from $30.69 - $75.54# 49525534
- MOOG® Problem Solver™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyFord Explorer 1998, Problem Solver™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by MOOG®. Direct replacement control arms by MOOG are designed to solve steering and suspension problems in nothing flat. Most come with MOOG problem solver...Restores chassis performanceApplication specific OE geometry ensures perfect fit and function
$64.23from $51.38 - $141.40# 21673838
- MOOG® R-Series™ Control Arm and Ball Joint AssemblyFord Explorer 1998, R-Series™ Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly by MOOG®. Direct replacement control arms by MOOG are designed to solve steering and suspension problems in nothing flat. Most come with MOOG problem solver ball...Restores chassis performanceApplication specific OE geometry ensures perfect fit and function
$52.14from $41.71 - $86.33# 21673844
- Mevotech® Control ArmFord Explorer 1998, Control Arm by Mevotech®. Designed to increase friction amount between the tire and road surface for an effective steering ability and better handling, this control arm provides firm connection point between the...Eliminates uneven steering, squeaking noise, and excessive tire wearAllocates vehicle body weight to the tire for vehicle stability and alignment
$18.03from $14.42 - $71.77# 19189758
- TRW® Control ArmFord Explorer 1998, Control Arm by TRW®. Does your luxury car ride like an old buckboard wagon? Is your pickup still bouncing long after the bump? If so your suspension is in need of repair, but before you waste your time and gas...
$84.85from $67.88 - $94.59# 52900454
- Unity® Front Passenger Side Upper Control ArmFord Explorer 1998, Front Passenger Side Upper Control Arm by Unity®, without bushing. Control arms connect the vehicle frame to the steering knuckles or axle, and allow the up-and-down movement of the wheels. Rigorously tested for...Ball joints and bushings included for a complete installation, saving time and labor (where applicable)Direct replacement for a trouble-free installation
- Dorman® Leaf Spring and ComponentsFord Explorer 1998, Leaf Spring by Dorman®, 1 per Pack. Material: Steel. With Bushings. Engineered from high-quality materials for long-lasting durability, Dorman’s Leaf Spring is comprised of multiple thin bands of steel to...Coated for resistance to rust and corrosionDirect replacement Leaf Springs available (where applicable) to ensure a trouble-free installation and a proper fit
- Superlift® Leaf SpringFord Explorer 4WD (Four-Wheel Drive) 1998, Leaf Spring by Superlift®. Leaf Spring; Approx. 4 in. Lift; Rear.Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle
- Beck Arnley® Front Lower Ball JointFord Explorer with Torsion Bar Suspension 1998, Front Lower Ball Joint by Beck Arnley®. For one hundred years, Beck/Arnley has been providing premium OE quality parts for vehicles. Beginning with motorcycle parts in 1914 and...OE quality products from top original equipmentTop quality materials
- Falcon® Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, Ball Joint by Falcon®. Falcon Steering Ball Joints are made of the highest quality in the aftermarket. All Ball Joints meet or exceed OE requirements and are precision machined for a perfect fit.Produced to exact OE dimensional specifications under strict quality control throughout the manufacturing and assembly processPremium performance components
$14.13from $11.30 - $17.68# 49525514
- First Equipment Quality® Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, Ball Joint by First Equipment Quality®. Position: Front Lower. Does your luxury car ride like an old buckboard wagon? Is your pickup still bouncing long after the bump? If so your suspension is in need of...
- MOOG® Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, Ball Joint by MOOG®. MOOG ball joints are the preferred choice of many professional technicians and incorporate proven design and advanced engineering features to ensure like-new steering and suspension, simple...Engineered to retain socket torque and smooth articulation over the life of the part, to maintain tight steering feelExclusive powdered-metal bearing design allows grease to flow through the bearing to the stud for reduced friction and enhanced strength and stability
$37.35from $29.88 - $30.26# 21673834
- Mevotech® Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, Ball Joint by Mevotech®. Use 2 per Car. Experience improved ride comfort and smooth handling with the replacement Mevotech ball joints. They grip the control arm better and guarantee worry-free performance even...Includes durable higher and lower metal bearings for a smoother and quiet handlingKnurling on the outer housing of the ball joint makes for a better grip with the control arm
$20.35from $16.28 - $20.42# 19200777
- TRW® Ball JointFord Explorer 1998, Ball Joint by TRW®. Does your luxury car ride like an old buckboard wagon? Is your pickup still bouncing long after the bump? If so your suspension is in need of repair, but before you waste your time and gas...
$76.21from $60.97 - $65.52# 52900450
- Falcon® Alignment Caster/Camber KitFord Explorer 1998, Front Upper Alignment Caster/Camber Kit by Falcon®. Falcon Steering Alignment Caster Camber Kit is made of the highest quality in the aftermarket. Alignment Caster Camber Kit meet or exceed OE requirements and...Produced to exact OE dimensional specifications under strict quality control throughout the manufacturing and assembly processPremium performance components
$13.21from $10.57 - $12.60# 49525511
- MOOG® Front Upper Alignment Camber KitFord Explorer 1998, Front Upper Alignment Camber Kit by MOOG®. Adjustment Range from -1-5/8 to 1-5/8 Degree. Upgrade your vehicle to MOOG and experience a safe and comfortable ride. The parts are made tough to ensure reliable...Designed to make steering and suspension repairs easyDirect fit
- MOOG® Front Upper Alignment Caster / Camber KitFord Explorer 1998, Front Upper Alignment Caster / Camber Kit by MOOG®. This is an aftermarket part that replaces factory OE # F5TZ3C203A. Adjustment Range from -1-1/4 to 1-1/4 Degree. Includes 2 Cams. Upgrade your vehicle to MOOG...Designed to make steering and suspension repairs easyDirect fit
Guides & Articles
Michael GrayenStanced Wheels, Demon Camber | How Do I Get That Look?
Stanced. Demon camber. You may know it as oni-camber. You've seen the look, and whether you like it or not is totally beside the point. The great thing about this stanced look is that it gets your attention. From the interviews we've read with owners and drivers of these machines, that is exactly what they are after. They've said that it's all about being noticed.
Michael GrayenStock vs Performance Suspension
Very often we don't even realize what a crucial role a car's suspension plays in providing a safe and comfortable ride. The system maximizes the friction between the road surface and your vehicle's tires, ensuring steering stability along with responsive handling.
Popular Popular Products
- # 4298163
- # 15804750
- # 16708459
1998 Ford Explorer Performance Suspension Reviews
Average rating: 4.8 - 1 reviews
EASE OF INSTALLATION
2005 Ford Explorer | Posted by Alex | (Richmond, KY)
Works well. Does what it said it will for a good price and quality. Not much else to say. Installed without difficulty and any modifications. Thank you!!!
1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful for you? YesNo
Share this review:
- 1998 Ford Explorer Models
- 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Performance Suspension Parts
- 1998 Ford Explorer Limited Performance Suspension Parts
- 1998 Ford Explorer Sport Performance Suspension Parts
- 1998 Ford Explorer XL Performance Suspension Parts
- 1998 Ford Explorer XLT Performance Suspension Parts