Jeep TJ / Wrangler 1997-2003, 3" Round Sure Steps by Smittybilt®, 1 Pair. Get rugged, tough-truck looks and a helpful step in and out of your cab with the most advanced side steps on the market. Constructed from heavy-duty, thick walled tubing with stylish curved ends, each tube is custom designed for the application and attached with sturdy 3/8"-1/4" steel brackets that require no drilling for installation, and includes reinforced, "no-slip" polyester step pads for sure footing. Available in your choice of highly polished 304L stainless steel or carbon steel with a dual stage high-gloss black powdercoated finish with a special "E-Coating" inside and out to prevent rust.
Notes: No Drilling Required
- Provides a helpful step for assistance getting in and out of the cab
- Ideal for tall, lifted trucks
- Rugged, custom styling
- Tubes and brackets are custom designed and fit for each application to ensure proper alignment of step-to-door area
- No generic length tubes and cheap brackets
- Highly polished prime 304L stainless steel tubes have 0.050" wall thickness
- Carbon steel tubes pretreated with an "E-Coat" rust barrier inside and out and then dual stage high-gloss black powdercoated
- Reinforced "No-Slip" polyester step pads secured with 5 pins into a compressed step area
- Powdercoated 3/8"-1/4" steel mounting brackets require no drilling for installation
- Oversized single bolt attachment prevents tube step "bounce"
- 3rd center bracket included for additional support, where required
- Includes all necessary hardware, brackets and installation instructions
- Limited 5-year warranty on powdercoated Steps
- Limited lifetime warranty on stainless steel Steps
Smittybilt has redesigned, upgraded, and improved every aspect of their Sure Steps to create the best built, longest lasting tube steps on the market. Smittybilt starts by designing each set of tubes and brackets for the specific application. This painstaking process ensures that your steps will fit and function properly, and look great right out of the box. No generic length tubes or cheap brackets are used.
The stylish, curved end tubes feature reinforced "No-Slip" polyester step pads secured with 5 pins in a compressed step area. There's no exposed metal to rust or flimsy pad attachments. Stainless steel steps are formed from thick wall 0.050" prime 304L stainless steel tubing that's polished to a mirror like finish. Carbon steel tubes are pre-treated with an "E-Coating" inside and out that's usually only performed at OEM manufacturing levels, and then dual stage powdercoated in a high-gloss black finish. Each powdercoated Sure Step has been tested in a 500 hour minimum salt spray test. The leading competitor failed the same test at only 250 hours!
Each set of custom designed mounting brackets is manufactured from 3/8"-1/4" steel and powdercoated for durability. The new oversized single bolt attachment system prevents tube step "bounce", and a 3rd center bracket is added where required to further strengthen the installation. Detailed, illustrated instructions are supplied with all the necessary hardware for an installation that requires no drilling. Powdercoated Sure Steps are backed by a limited 5-year warranty, while stainless steel Sure Steps carry a limited lifetime warranty. Both warranties are against defects in materials and workmanship.
SmittyBilt®, located in Compton, California, is the leader in the off-road parts and accessories market because they were there at its inception. Founder Basil Smith, also known as "Smitty", was one of the original Southern California 4WD enthusiasts. He started a business called Rock-ett Products, making specialized equipment for trucks and Jeeps, in his garage/machine shop in 1956. Smitty's son Tom began working at Rock-ett at an early age and became head of the ever-expanding enterprise when it became Smittybilt in the 1970s. Under Tom's leadership, the company created innovative products like the original "Nerf Bar" side step, and tubular front and rear bumpers for Jeeps. Today, thanks to their continued involvement in off-roading at all levels of the staff, which enables them to keep abreast of the latest trends and needs in the off-road market, Smittybilt remains the industry leader with a selection of over 2000 different products for trucks and SUVs.