Since their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition...
1996 Chevy Impala Ignition Parts
- Denso® Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug by Denso®, 1 Piece. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need repair, but before you waste your...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturerFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located
$3.18from $2.54 - $9.50# 55205124
- Motorcraft® Copper Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Copper Spark Plug by Motorcraft®, 1 Piece. Gap: .050. If you need to replace your worn-out spark plugs, Motorcraft is the way to go. Engineered specifically for your vehicle, their high melting point provides...Direct OEM replacementRecommended by Ford Motor Company
- NGK® Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug by NGK®, 1 Piece. With a solid copper core, triple-gasket sealing, corrosion resistant plating, cold-rolled threads, and corrugated ribs, these products provide a powerful spark for reliable...Designed for consistent performanceMeet OE quality, fit, and function
$3.48from $2.78 - $14.80# 22230554
- Champion® Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug by Champion®, 1 Piece, Gap: 0.05. Designed and manufactured to meet or exceed OE standards and specifications, these spark plugs by Champion ensure fast engine start-up and smooth acceleration. The...Designed to provide dependable and long-lasting performanceManufactured using the latest processes and equipment
$3.73from $2.98 - $9.78# 22251163
- Autolite® Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug by Autolite®, 1 Piece, Gap: 0.05. These spark plugs by Autolite are specially designed and manufactured to ensure quick starts, dependable performance, and smooth acceleration. The products are made of...Designed for good conductivity and a strong spark for efficient combustionImprove engine power and fuel economy
$5.38from $4.30 - $8.12# 22427979
- Delphi® OE Spark Plug Wire SetChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug Wire Set by Delphi®. Delphi ignition wire sets provide premium performance in every application because they use OE cable configurations - Delcore, Composite High Temperature or Wire Wound (where...Pre-greased spark plug boots (where applicable) for quicker installationDelphi Packard marked cable - OE component confirmation
- Bosch® Spark Plug Wire SetChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug Wire Set by Bosch®. Switch from your OE spark plug wire set to the high-quality Mag core wire set from Bosch. Stainless steel Mag winding delivers maximum voltage to the spark plug for a hotter, more...Opti-layer Mag technology for superior lifetime performanceReduces the chance for misfire and eliminates radio static
- Denso® Primary Ignition WireChevy Impala 1996, Primary Ignition Wire by Denso®. 7mm. Complete Ignition Wire Set. The 7 and 8mm ignition wires are SAE J2031 Class E rated, the highest quality wire used in the industry. These wires can withstand temperatures...Carbon impregnated fiberglass core for superior support conductivityFiberglass braid for maximum strength
- Denso® Direct Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Direct Ignition Coil - Coil on Plug by Denso®. Original Equipment Part. A leader in direct ignition technology, Denso developed the auto industry's first compact stick-type ignition coil. The space-saving design,...Improved coil efficiency reduces the need to generate high voltageDriving circuit is integrated into top of coil
- Delphi® OE Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Coil by Delphi®. Help ensure fast starts, consistent engine performance and optimized fuel efficiency with Delphi ignition coils. Delphi makes more than 10 million ignition coils for North America each...Designed and endurance tested to resist the common stresses that cause failureEfficient coil design that ensures the power in the coil has a streamlined path to the spark plug
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Tru-Tech™ Ignition Coil by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. Type Connection: Distributor, Male, Female. Includes: Module. 12 Volt. Square Coil. Terminal Type: Blade. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located
- Spectra Premium® Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Coil by Spectra Premium®. Spectra Premium ignition coils are designed and produced under a strict TS16949 quality control process.All ignition coils are durability tested at 100 cycles of thermal shock (-50 to 300° F), to ensure reliability from extreme vibration24 hours salt spray test ensures sensors provide high corrosion resistance
- Prenco® Central Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Central Ignition Coil by Prenco®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need repair, but before you waste your...
- Cardone® DistributorChevy Impala 1996, Replacement Electronic Distributor Without Module by Cardone®. Automated test equipment verifies signal strength, correct polarity of wire harness, air gap, crank reluctor tooth size, as well as ignition coil and...50-state emissions street legalThe finest quality at a great price
$155.38from $124.30 - $146.03# 35883694
- Spectra Premium® DistributorChevy Impala 1996, Distributor by Spectra Premium®. Spectra Premium all new Distributors deliver powerful consistent OE spark for maximum combustion efficiency, accurate timing, and rock solid high-rpm performance.Includes NEW OE style cap and NEW rotor100% endurance & life cycle tested to ensure they meet OEM specifications for fit, form and performance
- Richporter® Ignition DistributorChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Distributor by Richporter®. With Cap-Rotor without Coil. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need...
- Dorman® Ignition Coil ConnectorChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Coil Connector by Dorman®. Dorman offers a comprehensive line of Ignition Coil Connectors for a wide range of applications. All Dorman Ignition Coil Connectors are constructed of high-quality materials...Available in different wire configurations, including 2- and 3-wireDirect replacement Ignition Coil Connectors available (where applicable) to ensure a proper fit
$19.89from $15.91 - $26.64# 34236596
- Delphi® OE DistributorChevy Impala 1996, Distributor by Delphi®. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used to be? Your ignition system may need repair, but before you waste your time and...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Distributor CapChevy Impala 1996, Tru-Tech™ Distributor Cap and Rotor by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. No Distributor Vent. Includes: Complete Kit. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what...OE quality parts from top original equipment and aftermarket manufacturersFast shipping; 1-2 day delivery time regardless of where you’re located
- National® Ignition Distributor SealChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Distributor Seal by National®. Don’t just repair a leak, prevent future problems with a National Oil Seal. This part is manufactured using exclusive National Dynamic Edge technology that generates a...Designed to increase wheel-end reliability by effectively excluding dirt, moisture, and other contaminantsA patent-pending National Dynamic Edge technology allows for maximum protection
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition Control ModuleChevy Impala 1996, Tru-Tech™ Ignition Control Module by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. Type Connection: Distributor, Male. 12 Volt. Terminal Type: Blade. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your...
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition Knock SensorChevy Impala 1996, Tru-Tech™ Ignition Knock Sensor by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. Type Connection: Screw-in, Male, Female. Is your vehicle hard to start? Does it miss under load and idle rough? Is your gas mileage not what it used...
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition Starter SwitchChevy Impala Without Floor Console 1996, Tru-Tech™ Ignition Starter Switch by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. Type Connection: Female, Male. Straight Socket. Terminal Type: Blade Terminals. Do you hear nothing but “click, click”...
- Standard® Tru-Tech™ Ignition Lock CylinderChevy Impala 1996, Tru-Tech™ Ignition Lock Cylinder by Standard®, Use 1 per Car. Do you hear nothing but “click, click” when you turn the key? Is the BATTERY dash light on? Your vehicle is in need of engine electrical system...
$17.46from $13.97 - $27.55# 23832950
- Delphi® Ignition Control ModuleChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Control Module by Delphi®. Delphi ignition modules feature distributor-based, DIS and late-model cassette configurations for broad coverage. Delphi modules control the primary ignition circuit to fire...Wide-ranging domestic and import coverageDeveloped based on more than a century of OE experience
- Genuine® Ignition Lock CylinderChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Lock Cylinder by Genuine®. Is there excessive play in your steering wheel? Does your vehicle drift or pull, or veer when it hits a bump? Is your power steering noisy and does it leak? Your steering...
- Bosch® OE Fine Wire Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, OE Fine Wire Spark Plug by Bosch®. Bosch introduces the new OE Fine Wire Spark Plug family, which consists of Iridium, Double Platinum and Platinum plugs. Built around OE technology, these new lines have an...OE specific design360-degree continuous laser welded platinum tip for durability and long life
$5.23from $4.18 - $20.79# 24001742
- Bosch® Platinum Series Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Platinum Series Spark Plug by Bosch®. Only Bosch uses a platinum center electrode that’s heat-fused into a ceramic insulator. All Bosch Platinum Series Spark Plugs reach self-cleaning temperature faster for...Delivers quick starts and smooth accelerationLower ignition voltage requirement provides reliable cold weather starting and superior operation under all driving conditions
$5.19from $4.15 - $6.79# 50074768
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Super Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Gap: 0.050". Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better...Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugsTapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrode for improved starting in cold weather and increased fuel ignitability
- E3® Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, 0.750" Spark Plug by E3®, 1 Piece. With Tapered Seat. Thread Size: 14 mm. Hex Size: 5/8". If you need a replacement for your damaged spark plug, this is the part you should have. Featuring unique DiamondFire...Advanced DiamondFire electrode designProduces a faster burn
- Pulstar® PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse PlugChevy Impala 1996, PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug by Pulstar®. PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug provides great fuel efficiency as well as better performance. Moreover this part will give you better...
$18.69from $14.95 - $119.60# 21708494
- ZEX™ Power Tune Spark PlugChevy Impala 1996, Power Tune Spark Plug by ZEX™.Clean Fire TechnologyEnsures Max. HP And Reliable Ignition
$8.01from $6.41 - $51.31# 13908380
- Blue Streak® Premium™ Street Performance Wire SetChevy Impala 1996, Premium™ Street Performance Wire Set by Blue Streak®, Use 1 per Car. 8.5mm Wire. Made with the same premium materials and the same high standards used for manufacturing wires for winning NASCAR teams, the...Patented conductor offers low resistance (170 ohm/ft), more power to the plug, a hotter spark, and longer spark durationPatented wire wound ferrite core ensures maximum suppression of RFI and EMI for high performance, static free electronics
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire SetChevy Impala V8 5.7L P Engine VIN Code 1996, 8mm Spiro Pro Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. These plug wires are the top choice of racers and street enthusiasts for their high performance at an affordable price. With two layers...
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Street Ignition Wire SetChevy Impala V8 5.7L P Engine VIN Code 1996, Black 8mm Street Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Full Metal Jacket. Taylor's 8mm Spiro-Pro wire and stainless braided covering with polished aluminum boot protectors will provide an...8mm silicone wire100% Silicone boots w/SS dual-spring connectors
- Taylor Cable® ThunderVolt™ 40 ohm Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire SetChevy Impala V8 5.7L P Engine VIN Code 1996, ThunderVolt™ 40 ohm Ferrite Core Performance Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. 40 ohm Ferrite Core. Gain horsepower and torque with Taylor’s Dyno-proven ThunderVolt racing plug...Exclusive copper/nickel alloy bonded by a conductive acrylic coverFerrite spiral-wound core provides low resistance for optimum RFI and RMI suppression
- MSD® Spark Plug Wire SetChevy Impala 1996, Spark Plug Wire Set by MSD®. The MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wire is "the" performance wire. Engineered from the inside out, the 8.5 offers everything you have everwanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance...Helically wound conductorSuppresses electro and radio noise
$82.44from $65.95 - $149.95# 13961728
- Accel® Remote Mount Super CoilChevy Impala LT1 Engine 1996, Remote Mount Super Coil by Accel®, This is an aftermarket part that replaces factory OE # 10489421. Primary Resistance 0.2 Ohms / Secondary 6.7 k Ohms. Turn Ratio 92:1. Max Voltage 48000V. Accel Super...
- MSD® Ignition CoilChevy Impala 1996, Ignition Coil by MSD®. External Single Connector Coil. When it comes to late model performance parts, nothing beats bolt-on and direct connection components - especially when they improve performance like these...Replacement coil for GM single connector.Higher output coil
- Accel® Performance Replacement™ DistributorChevy Impala LT1 Engine 1996, Performance Replacement™ Distributor by Accel®. Accel Performance Replacement Distributors are the perfect choice for your daily driver or street machine. Using all new components, these distributors...
- MSD® DistributorChevy Impala 1996, Distributor by MSD®. Pro-Billet™ GM LT-1 Distributor. Include Cap/Rotor/Components for installation. Leave it to MSD to build an all-out performance distributor to replace the OEM GM LT1 Optispark! We machine...Advanced optical encoder trigger design for accuracy and reliability.Easily adjust the timing up to +/-5°.
- MSD® Distributor Cap and RotorChevy Impala 1996, Distributor Cap and Rotor by MSD®. The cap and rotor of any ignition system must be considered maintenance items. Just as you change the oil and filter of your car, you should always replace the cap and rotor...High quality cap and rotor for front mount LT1Injection molded housing from Dupont material
- COMP Cams® Distributor Drive GearChevy Impala 1996, Distributor Drive Gear by COMP Cams®. Carbon Ultra-Poly Composite Distributor Gear; 0.500 in. Shaft Dia.; w/Beveled Tooth; Chevrolet Small And Big Block.Manufactured From Carbon Ultra-PolyProven Solution To Wear Issues
- Standard® handypack™ Ignition Knock (Detonation) Sensor ConnectorChevy Impala 1996, handypack™ Ignition Knock (Detonation) Sensor Connector by Standard®. Gray. 1 Terminal Female. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest...
- Standard® handypack™ Starter Motor Relay ConnectorChevy Impala 1996, handypack™ Starter Motor Relay Connector by Standard®. Black and Green. 5 Terminal Female. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality...
- AS Tools® BMW Spark Plug Socket 14 mm 12 PointBMW Spark Plug Socket 14 mm 12 Point by AS Tools®. 14mm, 12-Point Spark Plug Socket with 3/8 Drive. Applicable to 2007 & Later BMW 335 & 535 with 3.0L Twin-Turbo Motors. Spark Plug Socket is Slender in Design to Fit Application.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- CTA® Spark Plug SocketSpark Plug Socket by CTA®.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- Cal-Van Tools® Spark Plug ToolsSpark Plug Tools by Cal-Van Tools®.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
$5.80from $4.64 - $239.02# 35982157
- Firepower® Self Igniting Torch HeadSelf Igniting Torch Head by Firepower®. Pull the trigger to light the torch. Swirl combustion tip provides maximum heat and reduces brazing time by 30%. Safety trigger lock holds flame for extended periods and prevents accidental...Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- GearWrench® 3 Piece Spark Plug Service Kit3 Piece Spark Plug Service Kit by GearWrench®. Different Styles of GearWrench Ratchets fit all types of personal and mechanical preferances. Cushion Grip Ratchets allow for a more comfortable application. Flex Heads securely lock...Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- GearWrench® Spark Plug SocketSpark Plug Socket by GearWrench®.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
$7.26from $5.81 - $41.48# 35982106
- GearWrench® Spark Plug ToolsSpark Plug Tools by GearWrench®.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
$3.58from $2.86 - $12.43# 35982145
- Grey Pneumatic® Spark Plug SocketSpark Plug Socket by Grey Pneumatic®.Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
$24.08from $19.26 - $49.56# 35982120
- HeliCoil® Sav-A-Thread Spark Plug Repair KitSav-A-Thread Spark Plug Repair Kit by HeliCoil®, Thread Size - M14 x 1.25. This kit is specially designed to repair damaged taper seat spark plug port threads. No drilling is required and the positive mechanical locking feature on...Designed to repair taper seat spark plug port threadsCan also be used to repair gasketed spark plug configurations
$30.34from $24.27 - $182.21# 22564871
- HeliCoil® Spark Plug Thread Repair InsertsSpark Plug Thread Repair Inserts by HeliCoil®, 6 per package. Today damaged spark plug port threads can be easily restored to like-new condition with these spark plug thread repair inserts. Create a lasting repair in a cylinder...Designed to repair, protect, and strengthen spark plug port threadsRestores the cylinder head to useable condition
$6.96from $5.57 - $12.00# 22564874
- Lisle® Adjustable Spark Plug Boot PullerAdjustable Spark Plug Boot Puller by Lisle®. Plier jaws adjust to five different positions allowing easier access to spark plug boots. Specially shaped, cushioned jaws grip the boot straight on or from the side. Plastic handle...Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- Lisle® Deep Hole Aluminum Head M14 x 1.25 Spark Plug Hole RepairDeep Hole Aluminum Head M14 x 1.25 Spark Plug Hole Repair by Lisle®. Replaces stripped spark plug threads on aluminum heads with 14mm spark plugs. Installs a new spark plug thread insert in original thread location. Set includes...Made with precision and quality in mindBuilt to last
- Lisle® Ignition Spark TesterIgnition Spark Tester by Lisle®. A handy tool to check ignition spark without removing the spark plug. The tool is specially calibrated to measure ignition voltage. Works on both standard and electronic ignition systems. Easy to...Specialty tools innovatorDesigned to assist in completing big or small projects
- Lisle® Inline Spark TesterInline Spark Tester by Lisle®. Quickly diagnose problems with all ignition systems. Connect the tool between the spark plug and the plug wire. The tool is double-ended to offer a straight boot and a 90boot on one tool. With the...Specialty tools innovatorDesigned to assist in completing big or small projects
- Lisle® Spark Plug GapperSpark Plug Gapper by Lisle®. Take care of your vehicle and make the most stubborn job easier with this product by Lisle. It is designed to provide high quality, excellent performance, and long-lasting service life at an economical...Designed to help you get the job done quickly and easilyFor regular maintenance to major repairs
$2.73from $2.18 - $3.00# 21558380
Guides & Articles
Timothy ZahlAuto Parts: Dealer vs. Aftermarket
The question of whether to buy parts from an automotive dealer vs. ones from aftermarket manufacturers is as age-old as the automobile itself. Below, we'll take a look at things worth considering to help you make a better choice if you're facing that same question. Automobile manufacturers and dealerships always advertise the fact that their parts are "genuine"...
Timothy ZahlPerforming a Basic Engine Tune Up
This article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction...
Popular Popular Products
- # 4479088
- # 35241623