- Cerametallic friction disc with EXEDY exclusive friction composition
- High friction coefficient material handles much more heat than stock-type without slip or fade
- Designed to handle higher horsepower workload
- Heavy Duty oil-quench hardened damper springs absorb shock
- Hi-load bonding agents retain clutch material
- Reduced weight = lower inertia = quicker shifting, less wear and tear on syncros
- Thick and thin discs available
- Thick disc has better heat capacity than OEM organic disc
- Lighter disc assemblies mean less inertia for quicker shifting
- 3- or 4-pad designs depending on application
- Works well for Street, Rally and Drag
- High performance cover has average of 40% increase in clamp load
- Extra capacity sufficient for common street car power upgrades
- Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength, anti-burst protection in all temperature ranges
- SFI approved for racing
- Stamped steel cover designed to reduce deflection, improve pedal feel
With 40% more clamping load, the cover used for Stage 2 clutches adds plenty of torque capacity without making pedal pressures uncomfortably high. The cerametallic friction material used is much more tolerant of slippage than stock-type discs. But the real performance advantage to a Stage 2 clutch is the lightweight friction disc. The reduced rotating weight makes your engine rev faster, decelerate more quickly when you lift off the throttle, and takes strain off your transmission synchronizers for faster shifting. For most uses, the thicker disc has better heat capacity, allowing you to creep through traffic or slip the clutch while off-roading. Save the thin disc assembly for circuit racing, where clutch longevity is less important.450.34Brand: EXEDY Part Number: 16953A UPC: 651099113043 This part is compatible with 28 vehicle(s)
EXEDY is a global leader in the clutch business, with hundreds of applications, many of them still bearing their original Daikin logo. Well-respected, and with a huge share of the OEM clutch industry, EXEDY has become a leader in the motorsports field, pioneering new technologies like puller clutch springs and carbon-fiber friction material. With roots going back to 1923, EXEDY manufactures globally, but has a major presence in the US, with several domestic facilities manufacturing clutch components for applications here and for export.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)
You will never pay more with CARiD! Not only will we match prices from any competitor's website or other reputable source, we will continue to honor that promise for up to one year after your purchase.
We'll match the price at time of purchase, or refund you the difference if done after the purchase. Either way, we are totally committed to providing you the best online shopping experience.
We're car and truck enthusiasts, just like you! And it's enthusiasts we hire in our Sales and Service Centers. Many of our staff are ASE certified and have spent years in the retail auto business.
We conduct our own in-house training, and we even bring vendors to us for hands-on product training demonstrations. You're getting true expertise when you phone or email us!
With hundreds of vendors, and tens of thousands of components for sale, we put tremendous effort into coordinating our data with our vendors' data in order to guarantee that you get the correct part.
Our huge database is regularly cross-checked to keep it current and optimized. At times, our thoroughness makes our data even more accurate than our suppliers! This rigorous process means that you can always order with confidence.