Dodge Colt 1979-1983,1988, Hullavator Lift-Assist Kayak Carrier (897XT) by Thule®. The Hullavator is Thule's premium lift-assist kayak carrier. It enables one person to load the carrier from the side of the vehicle at waist level, and the gas-assist struts lift up to 40 lbs. of the kayak's weight. The Hullavator is constructed from aluminum and double coated steel for corrosion resistance, and it can carry kayaks up to 34" wide and 75 lbs. It fits Thule square bars, round bars, and Thule Rapid Aero bars.
- Enables one person to easily load and unload a kayak
- Allows loading and unloading from the side of the vehicle, at waist level, for greater convenience and safety
- Double extending arms lower the kayak up to 40" for faster loading, unloading and strapping
- Gas-assist struts reduce 40 lbs. of the kayak's weight during lifting and lowering allowing only one person to load and unload the kayak
- Carries a kayak up to 34" wide and 75 lbs.
- Kayak has padded support at 8 points for maximum protection
- Aluminum, double coated steel construction with corrosion resistance delivers a longer product life
- Up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle
- Includes all straps to transport one kayak
- Fits Thule square bars, round bars and Thule Rapid Aero bars
- 2005 Silver Industrial Design Excellence Award (IDEA) winner
- To secure your Kayak paddle to the roof rack we suggest the Thule Get-a-Grip multipurpose holder (sold separately)
- Comes complete with everything required for installation, including instructions
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
Loading a kayak onto the roof of a vehicle can be a challenge, especially when you're by yourself and tired after a day spent out on the water. The Hullavator uses a gas strut system to cut in half the strength needed to raise a kayak to the top of a vehicle. The double extending arms reduce the loading height by 40", so the kayak only has to be raised to waist level at the side of the vehicle, where it can be secured to the cradle with straps. Then the gas-assist struts reduce up to 40 lbs. of the kayak's weight as it's lifted into position on the roof. The Hullavator enables one person to safely and easily load and unload a kayak. It's ideal for the height challenged and for owners of tall SUVs. The Hullavator is so innovative, it won a silver Industrial Design Excellence Award in 2005.
The Hullavator can carry kayaks up to 34" wide and 75 lbs. Its aluminum and double coated steel construction will resist corrosion and ensure long lasting durability. Once your kayak is loaded, the Hullavator supports it at 8 padded touchpoints, for maximum protection. All necessary straps are included for safe transport. The Hullavator can carry one kayak, but up to 2 carriers can be installed per vehicle. It fits Thule square bars, round bars, and Thule Rapid Aero bars.
The Hullavator Lift-Assist Kayak Carrier comes with everything necessary for installation, including detailed instructions. The limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product, and warrants the product against manufacturer's defects in materials or workmanship.630.37Brand: Thule Part Number: 897XT UPC: 091021897571
Thule® designs and manufactures products for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and those that lead an active lifestyle. They specialize in developing and marketing cargo transportation solutions so these people can bring their gear with them wherever they go, whatever they drive. Thule was founded in Sweden in 1942, and built their first roof rack system in the 1960s. Today Thule leads the market with innovative products for transporting, bicycles, watercraft, snowsport equipment and other gear on the roof, with the trailer hitch, on the trunk or hatch, or in the pickup bed. Thule manufactures the strongest, most durable and longest lasting load carrying systems on the market, and backs their products with a lifetime warranty. Over 80% of Thule products sold in North America are made in USA, and Thule employs over 1,000 American workers.
Product Reviews (0)
Product Reviews (0)