Jeep Wrangler 1987-1995, SRC Roof Rack by Smittybilt®. Carry aftermarket accessories from Thule and Yakima on your Jeep or up to 300 lbs. of cargo with the SRC Roof Rack system. 2" diameter 0.120" wall thickness steel tubes with heavy-duty 3/16-1/4" brackets provide sturdy 4-point mounting support, with cross bars designed for most aftermarket accessories that are removable to allow easy soft or hard top removal. Add the lightweight aluminum Rugged Rack roof basket (sold separately) and you have the ultimate off-road rack/basket combination. All parts are given a dual stage textured black powdercoated finish for a great appearance and long-term durability.
- Holds up to 300 lbs. of cargo, evenly distributed
- 4-point mounting system – attaches to front door mounts and to rear frame
- Cross bars designed for use with most aftermarket accessories from Thule, Yakima, etc.
- Cross bars can be removed for easy soft or hard top removal
- Custom designed for each application
- Contoured design eliminates "boxy" look
- Manufactured from 2" diameter 0.120" wall thickness steel tubes with heavy-duty 3/16-1/4" brackets
- Dual stage textured black powdercoated finish
- Perfect accompaniment to SRC front, rear, and side tubular products
- Add the Smittybilt Rugged Rack roof basket for the ultimate off-road rack/basket combination
- Comes with mounting hardware and detailed instructions for an easy installation
- Limited 5-year warranty against finish defects
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
Their compact design has made cargo carrying a challenge with Jeep Wranglers, and carrying anything on top has been out of the question…until now. While you're not exactly carrying cargo on the roof, the SRC Roof Rack at least lets you carry plenty of cargo overhead. The rack's sturdy 4-point mount system allows up to 300 lbs. of gear to be carried, evenly distributed, and the cross bars are designed specifically to enable accessories from companies like Thule and Yakima to be mounted. Now you can mount carriers for bicycles, skis, snowboards, and even watercraft.
The SRC Roof Rack is constructed from 2" diameter 0.120" wall thickness steel tubing with heavy-duty 3/16-1/4" brackets. For the best appearance and long-term durability, all rack parts are acid dipped to remove impurities, a special "E-Coat" is applied inside and out, and finally a dual stage textured black powder coat finish is applied. The rack attaches to the door mounts in front and the frame in the rear, and even comes with spacers in case a body lift kit has been installed. The cross bars are removable so the soft or hard top can be removed. Each rack is custom designed for the application to ensure a perfect fit, and contoured so it doesn't look "boxy".
This rack will go perfectly with other SRC tubular products. The lightweight aluminum 50" x 70'" Rugged Rack roof basket (sold separately) can be attached to the roof rack to make cargo carrying even easier. All necessary mounting hardware and illustrated instructions are supplied for an easy installation. The SRC Roof Rack is covered by a limited 5-year warranty against finish defects and a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
SmittyBilt®, located in Compton, California, is the leader in the off-road parts and accessories market because they were there at its inception. Founder Basil Smith, also known as "Smitty", was one of the original Southern California 4WD enthusiasts. He started a business called Rock-ett Products, making specialized equipment for trucks and Jeeps, in his garage/machine shop in 1956. Smitty's son Tom began working at Rock-ett at an early age and became head of the ever-expanding enterprise when it became Smittybilt in the 1970s. Under Tom's leadership, the company created innovative products like the original "Nerf Bar" side step, and tubular front and rear bumpers for Jeeps. Today, thanks to their continued involvement in off-roading at all levels of the staff, which enables them to keep abreast of the latest trends and needs in the off-road market, Smittybilt remains the industry leader with a selection of over 2000 different products for trucks and SUVs.