1987 Ford F-150 Performance Suspension
1 - 60 of 249 results
- Eibach® Pro-Truck Front Lifted Coil SpringsFord F-150 V8 1987, Pro-Truck Front Lifted Coil Springs with 1.5" Lift Height by Eibach®, 2 per Pack. This kit contains two longer-length replacement springs that raise ride height to offset the nose-down slant your modern truck...Offset the nose-down slant your modern truck was designed withBoost the look of your truck from base model to “heavy-duty” version$186.45
- Pro Comp® Complete Lift KitFord F-150 1987, Complete Lift Kit by Pro Comp®. Driven by genuine off-road enthusiasts, Pro Comp suspension products reflect customer driven, racing influenced, technology and engineering with a focus on world-class manufacturing...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$300.99 - $1,323.99
- Tuff Country® Suspension Complete Lift KitFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Suspension Complete Lift Kit by Tuff Country®. Lift kits are designed to add additional height to your truck or SUV to increase fender clearance and allow for larger tires. Tuff Country...Provide better ride qualitySimple bolt-on installation$83.53 - $1,684.42
- Superlift® Bracket KitFord F-150 RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 1987, Bracket Kit by Superlift®. Superlift's Product Development staff, arguably the industry's most experienced and talented group, utilizes the latest computer modeling technology to aid in...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$199.95
- Skyjacker® Standard Series Lift KitFord F-150 1987, Standard Series Lift Kit by Skyjacker®. Now is the time to find your definition of style and performance. Skyjacker® suspension lift kits have all the options built-in, whether you are looking for performance,...Improved Ride QualityQuick And Simple Installation$264.00 - $1,888.02
- Pro Comp® Rear Body Lift Block KitFord F-150 1987, Rear Body Lift Block Kit by Pro Comp®. Include: 2 Cast Iron Riser Blocks, 4 U-Bolts, 8 Heavy Duty Flatwashers, 8 Hi-Nuts. Pro Comp's Lift Block Kits feature tapered lift blocks to improve and retain vehicles...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$66.99 - $78.99
- Fabtech® Rear BlockFord F-150 RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 1987, Rear Block by Fabtech®. Proper design in suspension development is key in providing a quality, trouble free product to the end consumer. Fabtech leads the industry with extensive research,...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$54.76
- Superlift® Master™ Lift KitFord F-150 1987, Master™ Lift Kit by Superlift®. With Superide Shocks. Superlift's Product Development staff, arguably the industry's most experienced and talented group, utilizes the latest computer modeling technology to aid in...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$299.95 - $649.95
- Superlift® Superunner™ Lift KitFord F-150 1987, Superunner™ Lift Kit by Superlift®. With Superide Shocks. Superlift's Product Development staff, arguably the industry's most experienced and talented group, utilizes the latest computer modeling technology to...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$799.95 - $849.95
- ReadyLIFT® Front Leveling KitFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Machined Billet Aluminum Front Leveling Kit with 2.0" Lift Height by ReadyLIFT®. Install Time: 1.5-2 hours. Includes: (2) 2.0" front lift CNC machined billet aluminum front coil spring...Exact configuration varies by applicationMachined aluminum, steel or urethane-lined spacer for durability and a quiet ride$249.95
- Daystar® ComfortRide™ Front Leveling KitFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, ComfortRide™ Front Leveling Kit with 2" Lift Height by Daystar®. 2 per Pack. With 0.625" Coupler Nuts. Leveling kits are designed bring the vehicle’s front stance up while leaving the...Polyurethane construction on all spacer pieces provides a cushioning effect and avoids noise, vibration, and harshness created by metal-to-metal contactKit includes all applicable spacers, torsion bar keys, and other related hardware specific to your vehicle design$129.95
- Hellwig® Rear Air Spring KitFord F-150 1987, Rear Air Spring Kit for 2"- 4" Lifted Vehicles by Hellwig®. Includes: Air Springs, Brackets, Air Line, Hardware. This is an air spring helper kit designed to transfer weight off lifted leaf springs and maintain a...Set of 2 air helper springs that mount on leaf springs above the axle and to the side of the vehicle frameAdds a combined total of 5,000 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to the rear of your truck$295.40
- Bilstein® 4600 Series ShockFord F-150 1987, 4600 Series Shock by Bilstein®. 1 per Pack. Yellow Paint. Design: 46mm Monotube. BILSTEIN 4600 Series Shock Absorbers and Struts are designed specifically to help your stock height truck, van or SUV reach its...Monotube gas pressure technologyEasy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required$65.21 - $92.78
- Bilstein® 5100 Series ShockFord F-150 1987, 5100 Series Shock by Bilstein®. 1 per Pack. Zinc Plated. Design: 46mm Monotube. BILSTEIN 5100 Series Shock Absorbers are designed specifically to help your lifted truck, Jeep or SUV reach its pinnacle in ride...Individually engineered for a wide array of specific vehicles and lift combinationsMonotube gas pressure technology$72.44 - $100.30
- Belltech® Shocks and StrutsFord F-150 1987, Shocks and Struts by Belltech®. This is oil-filled Street Performance shock absorber with a range of ride height choices. Upon installation, spacers mount below your spring to adjust ride height in 1/2”...Oil-filled Street Performance shock absorberOffers a range of ride height choices$41.20 - $229.59
- Monroe® Gas-Magnum™ Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Gas-Magnum™ Shock Absorber by Monroe®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. With Metal Dust Shield. Without Extended Hydraulic Lockout. These shock absorbers are designed specially for vans and pickup trucks. Monroe Gas-Magnum...Firm control without a harsh rideTwin-tube Design$24.46 - $30.38
- Monroe® Max-Air™ Rear Load Adjusting Shocks AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Max-Air™ Rear Load Adjusting Shocks Absorber by Monroe®. Quantity: 2 per Pack. With Rubber Dust Shield. With Compressed Bumper Stop and Extended Bumper Stop. Without Extended Hydraulic Lockout. Lower Mounting...Provide proper vehicle ride height when additional weight is loadedInflates up to 150 psi$50.74
- Monroe® Monro-Matic Plus™ Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Monro-Matic Plus™ Shock Absorber by Monroe®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. With Metal Dust Shield. Without Extended Hydraulic Lockout. Nitrogen gas charged Monro-Matic Plus shocks and struts feature VPV (velocity...An ideal balance of comfort and control for any driving conditionImproved ride at an economical price$23.25
- Monroe® Reflex™ Front Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Reflex™ Front Shock Absorber by Monroe®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Length: 10" Compressed, 14.75" Extended with 4.75" Stroke. With Metal Dust Shield. With Extended Bumper Stop. Without Extended Hydraulic Lockout....ASD Technology: provides greater control for handling (only applies to twin tube version)Enhanced stability by reducing body roll rate in evasive maneuvers or tight turns$36.87
- Monroe® Sensa-Trac™ Load Adjusting Shocks AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Sensa-Trac™ Load Adjusting Shocks Absorber by Monroe®. Quantity: 2 per Pack. With Metal Dust Shield. Without Extended Hydraulic Lockout. These shocks feature position sensitive damping (PSD) and application...Improves ride and handling and helps maintain ride height when additional weight is loadedAll Weather Fluid reduces friction for smooth piston rod action$53.09 - $97.39
- Skyjacker® HYDRO H7000 Series ShockFord F-150 1987, HYDRO H7000 Series Shock by Skyjacker®. Shocks are recommended for multiple shock applications and mild to moderate off-road use.Hydraulic ActionMulti-Stage Velocity Sensitive Valving$39.98
- Skyjacker® M95 Performance Monotube ShockFord F-150 1987, M95 Performance Monotube Shock by Skyjacker®. Is the ultimate shock absorber for light trucks, Jeeps and SUVs. This single tube design helps operating temperatures stay cooler under extreme conditions. The high...High Pressure Nitrogen Gas ChargedCustom Tuned for Each Vehicle$76.95
- Skyjacker® NITRO N8000 Series ShockFord F-150 1987, NITRO N8000 Series Shock by Skyjacker®. Includes: Red Boot. Shocks are recommended for full-size vehicles and moderate to extreme off-road applications.150 PSI Pressurized Nitrogen GasMulti-Stage Velocity Sensitive Valving$47.49
- Pro Comp® ES Series Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, ES Series Shock Absorber by Pro Comp®. Pro Comp shocks are the number one choice when it comes to high performance shocks for your light truck, Jeep or SUV. The high quality features and tuned valving ensure that...Tuned for Specific ApplicationsHigh Quality and Performance$32.99 - $43.99
- Tuff Country® SX6000 ShockFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, SX6000 Shock by Tuff Country®, 1 per Pack. Includes: Multi-Fit Hardware Pack. Tuff Country EZ-Ride’s SX6000 Cellular Gas shock absorbers are recommended for all mini and mid-size...Ideal for lifted midsize & mini trucks, Jeeps and SUVsCellular gas charged to limit fading$35.22 - $38.84
- Tuff Country® SX8000 ShockFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, SX8000 Shock by Tuff Country®, 1 per Pack. Tuff Country EZ-Ride’s SX8000 Nitro Gas shock absorbers are recommended for all full-size applications. The nitrogen gas pressure reduces fading...Ideal for lifted full size trucks & SUVsNitro gas charged to limit fading$35.22 - $37.62
- Fabtech® Performance Front ShockFord F-150 1987, Performance Front Shock by Fabtech®. 1 per Pack. Fabtech Performance Shocks have been designed to work in conjunction with each of our suspension systems, resulting in superior ride control. Features include high...Twin Tube Hydraulic Construction9/16" Hardened Chrome Piston Rod$48.77
- Superlift® Superide™ Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Superide™ Shock Absorber by Superlift®. 1 per Pack. Superlift's Product Development staff, arguably the industry's most experienced and talented group, utilizes the latest computer modeling technology to aid in...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$38.95
- KYB® MonoMax™ Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, MonoMax™ Shock Absorber by KYB®, 2 per Vehicle. Power up your truck's suspension performance with MonoMax heavy duty monotube gas hydraulic shocks and struts. Thanks to the advanced design, they can handle the...Performance upgrade for trucks that need extra controlThe best choice for hauling, towing, or plowing$62.12 - $72.45
- Rancho® Shock AbsorberFord F-150 1987, Shock Absorber by Rancho®.$50.99 - $110.99
- RideTech® HQ Series™ Rear ShockFord F-150 1987, HQ Series™ Rear Shock by RideTech®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Adjustable. The HQ (handling quality) Series shocks adds rebound adjustment for the driver who wants to tune ride quality and handling quality to their...Billet end cap with integrated debris wiper to prevent seal damageIntegral internal bumpstop eliminates extension crashing$175.00
- RideTech® RQ Series™ Rear ShockFord F-150 1987, RQ Series™ Rear Shock by RideTech®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Compressed Length 14.15" x Extended Length 22.5". Fixed Valve. Travel : 8.35". Application Specific Eye Top/Eye Bottom. The RQ (ride quality) Series...1/2" hardened shaft is precision ground and straightened to a tolerance of .001" inch for increased durability and performanceBillet end cap with integrated debris wiper to prevent seal damage$125.00
- QA1® 53 Series Large Body Twin-Tube ShockFord F-150 1987, 53 Series Large Body Twin-Tube Shock by QA1®. Front. Extended Shock Height: 14.94". Compressed Shock Height: 9.94". Material: Steel. The new 53 Series is a stock mount twin tube shock absorber. Formerly the FC...$115.35
- QA1® EC Series Large Body Twin-Tube ShockFord F-150 1987, EC Series Large Body Twin-Tube Shock by QA1®. Extended Shock Height: 13.670". Compressed Shock Height: 8.920". Finish: White. Quantity: 1 Piece. The EC Series is a heavy duty line of stock mount, stock appearing...$53.09
- QA1® Stocker Star Twin-Tube ShockFord F-150 1987, Stocker Star Twin-Tube Shock by QA1®. Stock Ride Height. Quantity: 1 Piece. QA1’s Stocker Star is a lightweight aluminum non-coil-over shock. Used in drag racing, street performance, autocross, road racing and...$101.47 - $218.39
- Belltech® Front Lowering Coil Spring KitFord F-150 5.0L / 5.8L RWD 1987, Front Lowering Coil Spring Kit with 2" Front Body Drop by Belltech®. This is a set replacement coil springs designed for the enthusiast who seeks to lower their vehicle to a moderate extent and...Set replacement coil springs designed to reduce side-to-side lean, nose dive, and squat under aggressive drivingCrafted from chromium alloy steel for superior strength and resilience that resists spring sag over time$188.70
- Belltech® Lowering KitFord F-150 RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 1987, Lowering Kit by Belltech®. Belltech lowering kits give your vehicle an aggressive look while retaining factory ride quality. Kits for more than 2” of drop include replacement coil springs,...Belltech lowering kits give your vehicle an aggressive look while retaining factory ride qualityKits for more than 2” of drop include replacement coil springs, leaf springs, hangers, rear shackles$407.10 - $635.90
- Skyjacker® Softride™ Front Coil SpringsFord F-150 1987, Softride™ Front Coil Springs by Skyjacker®. 2 per Pack. These coils are ideal when ride quality is your peak concern. These new coils are engineered to maintain the original ride quality as closely as possible...Softride™ coils for smooth ride like OEHot wound 5160 material$164.02 - $256.62
- Pro Comp® Front Coil Spring SetFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Front Coil Spring Set by Pro Comp®. Set of 2. Pro Comp carries a wide range of accessories to support your suspension system. From heavy duty traction bars to high quality steering...Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$133.99 - $148.99
- Tuff Country® EZ-Ride Suspension Complete Lift KitFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, EZ-Ride Suspension Complete Lift Kit by Tuff Country®. Lift kits are designed to add additional height to your truck or SUV to increase fender clearance and allow for larger tires. Tuff...Keeps a smooth factory rideNo Drilling required$130.59 - $302.98
- Rancho® Coil Spring SetFord F-150 1987, Coil Spring Set by Rancho®. Coil Spring Set; Set Of 2; Front w/4 in. Lift; Black.$166.99
- Hellwig® Sway BarFord F-150 1987, Sway Bar by Hellwig®. Each application effectively reduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and optimizes vehicle stability at higher speeds. Balanced for neutral steering and precise...Designed to provide optimum performance on lowered vehicles as well as lifted trucks with a higher center of gravityReduces side-to-side body roll around turns, enhances tire grip, and optimizes stability at higher speeds$208.07 - $249.68
- Skyjacker® Softride™ Leaf SpringsFord F-150 1987, Softride™ Leaf Springs by Skyjacker®. Now is the time to find your definition of style and performance. Skyjacker® suspension lift kits have all the options built-in, whether you are looking for performance,...Improved Ride QualityQuick And Simple Installation$123.61 - $316.56
- Hellwig® EZ-990 Medium Duty Helper SpringsFord F-150 1987, EZ-990 Medium Duty Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Add up to 2000 lbs. carrying capacity. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs that adds 2,000 pounds of load support to restore comfort and stability at the...Set of secondary leaf springs designed to work with OEM leaf springs and support extra loadsAdds up to 2,000 pounds of load support and leveling capacity to the rear of your vehicle$80.09
- Hellwig® Load Pro Series Helper SpringsFord F-150 3 Leafs Stack 1987, Load Pro Series Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Includes: Polyurethane Cushioning Blocks. Hellwig offers heavy-duty secondary helper leaf springs designed to take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf...Secondary leaf springs take weight off overly compressed OEM leaf springsRestore proper ride height, comfort and stability to the rear of your full-size truck or van$106.57 - $147.20
- Hellwig® Pro Series Helper SpringsFord F-150 With Silent Ride 1987, Pro Series Helper Springs by Hellwig®. Add up to 2500 lbs. carrying capacity. Hammer Tone Powder Coat Finish. This is a set of secondary helper leaf springs. Pro Series adds polyurethane cushioning...Set of secondary leaf springs designed to work with OEM leaf springs and support extra loadsPro Series creates the quietest ride by adding polyurethane cushioning blocks to eliminate rubbing noise between leaf ends$228.94
- Air Lift® AirCell™ Rear KitFord F-150 1987, AirCell™ Rear Kit by Air Lift®. This is a set of two polyurethane cylinders that serve as secondary rear support springs to maintain ride height and prevent sag on vehicles which carry heavy loads. No adjustment...Set of two overload rear support springs crafted from microcellular polyurethanePrevents vehicle’s main springs from sagging due to constant load compression$168.00
- Air Lift® LoadController™ Air Compressor SystemsFord F-150 1987, Air Compressor Systems by Air Lift®. LoadController systems are air compressors that mount permanently on the frame of your vehicle to give you spring inflation pressure wherever you go. Adjustment of your springs...Dual-path design compressors allow left- or right-side springs on the same axle to be controlled independently of each otherHeavy-duty strength compressors are recommended for daily or commercial use, run quieter, and provide better filtration$225.00 - $415.00
- Air Lift® Load Support Air SpringsFord F-150 without Fifth Wheel Hitch 1987, by Air Lift®. Load Support Air Springs are sets of two adjustable secondary air springs that help existing springs maintain a level ride, proper handling, and safety when weighed down by...Set of two air bag spring supports designed to work with factory OEM springsPrevents vehicle’s main springs from sagging due to constant load compression$102.85 - $422.00
- Air Lift® SlamAIR™ Rear KitFord F-150 RWD (Rear Wheel Drive) 1987, SlamAIR™ Rear Kit for 2"-4" Body Drop by Air Lift®. This is a set of two rear adjustable secondary air support springs designed for trucks that have already been lowered from 2 to 4 inches....Set of two adjustable secondary air support springsRestores up to 2000 pounds of leveling capacity to vehicles that have lost suspension travel due to being lowered 2 to 4 inches$315.00
- Air Lift® SmartAIR™ Automatic Leveling SystemFord F-150 without Air Lift1000 Air Springs 1987, SmartAIR™ Automatic Leveling System by Air Lift®. This kit includes an air pump, magnetic height sensors, wiring, harnesses, and all hardware needed to inflate or deflate air...Maintains level ride height from front to rearKits are available with single sensors and dual sensors$412.00 - $734.99
- Air Lift® Wireless Control SystemFord F-150 1987, Compressor System by Air Lift®. These kits include a compact wireless remote control and all the equipment you need to adjust the pressure in two air springs on the same axle. Choose the value-priced Equal...Equal Air Spring Inflation kit contains a standard air compressor that adjusts left and right springs together at the same time to the same pressureSeparate Air Spring Inflation kit contains a heavy duty air compressor with separate lines that allows individual adjustment of left and right springs$367.50 - $524.99
- Firestone® Coil-Rite™ Air Helper Spring KitFord F-150 1987, Air Helper Spring Kit by Firestone®. Mount inside an existing open coil spring suspension. These air springs provide adjustable spring rates far superior to the standard coil spring. The durable polyurethane air...Control the air pressure in the air helper springs for varying loads and road conditionsSpring performance can be altered as easily as inflating a tire$123.38 - $1,088.13
- Firestone® Ride-Rite™ Air Helper Spring KitFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Air Helper Spring Kit by Firestone®. Firestone’s most popular and comprehensive air spring line, Ride-Rite kits can be installed on most light trucks, motor-homes, RVs, SUVs and vans. Each...Supports up to 5,000 lbs per set (not to exceed vehicle’s GVWR) and should be maintained between 10-100 PSIProvides load support through the use of air pressure that can be adjusted for changing loads$227.49 - $1,088.13
- Timbren® Suspension Rubber Helper Spring KitFord F-150 1987, Suspension Rubber Helper Spring Kit by Timbren®. Suspension Enhancement System.$214.67
- Skyjacker® Radius ArmsFord F-150 1987, Radius Arms for 4"-6" Lifted Vehicles by Skyjacker®. Skyjacker knows the importance of steering correction after lifting a vehicle and we have an extensive line of steering components to prove it. From drag links...Components are custom-made for your specific year, make and model lifted truck or SUVCorrects the relationship between your suspension and steering system$256.30 - $607.73
- Tuff Country® Ladder BarsFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Ladder Bars by Tuff Country®. Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension has a variety of miscellaneous item that replace or upgrade and existing vehicles suspension.Simple bolt-on installationCustom fit for each application$330.72
- Tuff Country® Traction BarsFord F-150 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 1987, Traction Bars by Tuff Country®. Tuff Country traction bars help to reduce axle hop or wrap, providing increased traction and acceleration for vehicles with larger than stock tires.Increased traction and controlReduces axle/spring wrap associated with larger tires$99.75
- Superlift® Superunner™ Radius ArmFord F-150 1987, Superunner™ Radius Arm by Superlift®. Superlift's Product Development staff, arguably the industry's most experienced and talented group, utilizes the latest computer modeling technology to aid in product design....Precision engineered for your vehicleTested to outperform all comparable products on the market$169.95
- Lakewood® Traction Bars for Leaf SpringsFord F-150 RWD (Rear-Wheel Drive) 1987, Traction Bars for Leaf Springs by Lakewood®. 1 Pair. When you need to get reliable components to bring your vehicle's suspension or chassis back to life, there's no better place to get them...Engineered to exceed OEM quality standardsImproves your vehicle's handling$156.09
Guides & Articles
- Performance PartsHow much lift is needed for larger tires on my 2007-up Jeep Wrangler?Twenty years after the first Jeep Wrangler model debuted in 1987, third-generation Wranglers were introduced for the 2007 model year. Unlike any previous Wranglers or CJs, a 4-door Unlimited model (known internally as the "JKU" body) was offered alongside the standard 2-door ("JK" body). Because it took the off-road capability Wranglers are known for and broadened it with the practicality of 4 doors for those needing a family vehicle, third-generation Wranglers have proven very successful in the marketplace. Maintaining Jeep tradition, this Wrangler appeals by offering a higher-than-average number of advantages for the 4x4 enthusiast, whether it's used for rock crawling or as an everyday driver.
- Performance PartsCoilovers Are Pricey - Why Would I Spend My Money For Them?When first glancing through the Performance Coilover Kits section of our website, you may be put off by some of the prices you see. After all, what are you buying other than a combo set of springs and shocks under some fancy name? Certainly, you ask yourself, can't you purchase springs and shocks separately and monetarily come out ahead?
- Performance PartsBody Lifts & Suspension Lifts From 2 to 10 Inches | What are my Lift Kit Choices?Has this happened to you? You catch a glimpse of a truck like yours in a parking lot or around town that, for some reason, you like better than your own. It seems to have a stance that's more rugged-looking and more suited to a 4x4 than yours does. Maybe you get a chance to stop and take a closer look immediately, or maybe it's days or weeks before you see the other truck again.
- Performance PartsWhat Special Tools Are Available For Suspension Repair?Seasoned professional automotive technicians often say if you're using too much physical effort during a repair, you're simply not using the right tool. This is true, and a perfect example is repairing and replacing suspension components. If you've ever done this type of work or attempted to do it, you know it can be trickier than merely loosening and tightening bolts.
- Performance PartsCoil, Leaf, & Torsion Bar | Describing The 3 Different Kinds of SpringsThe springs in your vehicle probably aren't something you think about until there's a problem or you've decided to upgrade suspension parts in the interest of sportier handling. But what specifically do springs do? In short, they play a major role in the safe handling and ride comfort of your vehicle. Not only do they keep a vehicle at a designated standing height, they provide recoil necessary to bounce back after suspension components move up and down over uneven road surfaces. By themselves, springs will continue to bounce up and down for a long time unless a motion damper such as a shock absorber is present to keep things stable. Springs can be soft and extremely bouncy, or they can be stiffer and less bounce-prone.
- Performance PartsHow Do Shock Absorbers Work?Shock absorbers (also known as "shocks") are the suspension components which slow, then stop, the up-and-down bouncing movement of your vehicle's springs through a process known as dampening. Without shocks to calm things down, springs will continue to extend and release energy they absorb from bumps in the road at an uncontrolled rate - bouncing for a long time until their kinetic energy finally dissipates. Needless to say, this would produce an extremely bouncy ride that would be hard to control over uneven road surfaces.
- Performance PartsSuspension Enhancements Will Raise The Rear Of Your Tow VehicleIf you are using your "daily driver" car or truck for occasional towing duty, you are looking for that ideal sweet spot where the weekday commute is comfortable and quiet, and the weekend trailering feels solid and secure. In other words, you don't want to vehicle to feel too "stiff" during the week, nor do you want it to ride "soft" when pulling a trailer.
- Performance PartsStanced Wheels, Demon Camber | How Do I Get That Look?Stanced. Demon camber. You may know it as oni-camber. You've seen the look, and whether you like it or not is totally beside the point. The great thing about this stanced look is that it gets your attention. From the interviews we've read with owners and drivers of these machines, that is exactly what they are after. They've said that it's all about being noticed.
- Performance PartsStock vs Performance SuspensionVery often we don't even realize what a crucial role a car's suspension plays in providing a safe and comfortable ride. The system maximizes the friction between the road surface and your vehicle's tires, ensuring steering stability along with responsive handling.
- Performance PartsShocks Versus Struts: The Big Answers Revealed!Shock absorbers, also known simply as “shocks” (which is what we will call them for the rest of this article), are the suspension components which stop your car or truck from bouncing up and down after hitting a bump. They are a major contributor to your ride comfort and safety.
- Performance PartsHow to Inspect Your Suspension SystemThe very first thing to know about timely suspension system diagnosis is that the stability and steering control of your vehicle and, what is more important, your safety on the road depends on how often you make it. Automotive suspension belongs to one of those car systems that are constantly exposed to high loads and thus are prone to wear and tear. Most specialists recommend inspecting suspension system after every 6,500-7,500 miles or when there are any signs of its breakage.
- Performance PartsHow Low Can You Go?Lowering is high on the list of many people who want to improve the appearance of their car. If you want to lower your car with the coil springs, then replacing them with lowering springs is the way to go. But what if you want to lower your car and also make it handle better? If that’s your goal then consider coil-over shocks.
- Magellan® eXplorist 310 2.2" Screen Handheld GPS Navigator$200.10 - $233.32
1987 Ford F-150 Performance Suspension Reviews
Average rating: 4.9 - 5 reviews
5 of 5
2014 Ford F-150 / Posted by William (Staten Island, NY) /
Was this review helpful for you? Yes
- Related 1987 Ford F-150 Pages
- 1987 Ford F-150 Models
- 1987 Ford F-150 Custom Performance Suspension Parts
- 1987 Ford F-150 XL Performance Suspension Parts
- 1987 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Performance Suspension Parts